Do you eat fast food,if so what do you get and where do you go?

Based on the posts about McDonald's, I decided to make a thread to find out if others eat fast food and where they get it from.

As for the definition of fast food that I'm using for this topic : designed for ready availability, use, or consumption and with little consideration given to quality or significance.

I tend to go with McDonald's because it's cheap and I like the taste of it.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
My family eats Moe's (Mexican) about once a week, and CiCi's (pizza) about twice a month. Other than that, we very rarely eat at/from the typical fast food joint, (McDonald's, Chic-fil-A, Wendy's, places with a drive-through window) -- maybe once a year. Nothing against fast food; we just don't.

Bullgrit

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not often. We'll order a curry once every few weeks, but that's mainly it. I might pop into a burger place once or twice a year, and round about Xmas the german market does amazing spicy sausages.

Piston Honda

First Post
I tend to go with Wendy’s, Chic-Fil-A or KFC Eleven, fast food hamburgers are pretty gross to me, but I’m generally alright with a decent chicken sandwich. I also go to a local taco place that would be considered fast, but they seem attentive to quality (locally sourced natural ingredients, costs a little more) so they don't meet the criteria.

I don’t eat fast food often, generally on game nights where I work a little later and have next to no time to go home and cook anything (preferred option), so once, maybe twice a month.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
After having a few drinks, I sometimes stop at a place I trust for a smoke meat poutine.

I... I feel shame.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I don't know if Culver's counts, they're fast-ish and a step up in quality over most. I vary what I order there.

The only fast food place I hit with any sort of frequency is Taco Bell. And that's only when we're coming home late (like 10 pm or later) from something and don't want to deal with making something at home. I always get just regular cruchy tacos, sometimes nachos bel grande, and ever so ocassionally a taco pizza when I forget how much I dislike them now.

Oh, and I have this compulsion to get a McRib once each time they come back. I don't know why. They are not something I would normally touch.

I guess KFC counts too, although I don't see it that way because it's fried chicken, not something that diminishes in quality too easily. And our KFC can bever be considered fast, I always seem to wait for something.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Twice a month, I get a haircut, and I stop for an unsweetened tea and a pair of Breakfast Jacks on the way.

Every once in a while, I get a Chik-Fil-A original or two. I don't really care for anyone else's chicken sandwiches, except maybe Wendy's.

Occasionally, I get a Schlotzky's original. However, I recently discovered Which Wich- their wide variety of fixings make for a truly superior fast food sandwich, including caramelized onions, fresh spinach, tomatoes, etc.

I used to eat at McDonalds a lot, but now, it's only as a last resort. And usually, just French fries. For quick burgers, I go to Wendy's or Whataburger. For GREAT burgers, I go to places like Smashburger or LA Burger.

For fried chicken, I prefer Popeye's, but enjoy KFC, Church's, and Chicken Express.

Pizzas these days usually come from one of my locally owned pizzerias. We have a few straight up Italian ones, but the one closest to our house is run by Indians. Their Chicken Tikka Masala and Tandoori Chicken pizza are pleasant surprises.

Since I've been spoiled by authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex places, I rarely eat fast food Mexican anymore. However, when I do, it's Taco Cabaña, all the way.

It may sound like I eat a lot of fast food, but I don't. I USED to. But because of my past, I just like a wide variety. But except for JitB, I probably don't see the inside of the same place but every other month, if that often. Some of those I listed I didn't even go to all of 2013.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It may sound like I eat a lot of fast food, but I don't. I USED to. But because of my past, I just like a wide variety. But except for JitB, I probably don't see the inside of the same place but every other month, if that often. Some of those I listed I didn't even go to all of 2013.

You listed 15 places, which each at every other month each means you eat fast food every other day.

(I know that's probably not true, I'm just being super mathematically pedantic for no good reason at all other than it sounds mildly amusing )

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
When the local students' cantina is closed I sometimes visit the Burger King in the vicinity and have the King of the Months deal. That's maybe three or four times per year.

I don't avoid fast food joints, but am not attracted to them in any way. Even our children prefer self-cooked meals by far and shake their head when friends are rave about McD&Co.

delericho

Legend
Sometimes, but not very often.

The usual suspects are Subway (probably our preference), McDonalds, Pizza Hut or Dominos (depending entirely on whether I can be bothered going to Pizza Hut, as our local one don't deliver), and a reasonably decent Indian takeaway in Falkirk.

About once a year I hit Burger King, which is usually reminder enough why I don't go there more often. :) And I likewise used to go to KFC about once a year, but have had to give it up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases