Do you eat fast food,if so what do you get and where do you go?

If someone likes the food at a particular place, who is anyone to tell them they should find something "better"? I don't chide the girl in my office who drinks Starbucks every day that she should drink water -- it's free and good for you. She likes coffee. It'd be absurd for her to have to defend her choice to me just because I'm on a health kick and she likes her hot caffeine. I certainly wouldn't give her grief about it. Same with someone eating McDonald's. Why should they have to defend their taste to anyone? Why the hell should anyone else care?

Bullgrit
welcome-to-the-internet-internet-demotivational-poster-1264714433.png.jpg

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Satisfying? I guess that depends what you are satisfying. Hunger? Maybe, but I doubt it. A craving? Sure, if it's a salt you are craving. As I said, for what they give you, they are overcharging you.

Your reading comprehension has slipped a bit. I said specifically "a satisfying amount." The size of the burger and fries are enough. Pound for pound it may cost more, but if you're just overeating for your $9 at the good place what does that achieve for you? Show me the money you "saved."

Your reading comprehension has slipped a bit. I said specifically "a satisfying amount."
Meh... I skimmed your post as I was reading something else at the same time.
The size of the burger and fries are enough.
That depends on how hungry you are and how much you normally eat.
Pound for pound it may cost more, but if you're just overeating for your $9 at the good place what does that achieve for you?
Why do you have to overeat? You know you don't have to clean off the plate. Also, not every place serves you massive amounts of food.
Show me the money you "saved."
Healthcare bills. :p

I don't eat fast food often. Mainly when I'm traveling for work, when my priorities are time and cost (in that order).

While I most often get fast food from the common chains, I prefer to get it from supermarkets when I can. In addition to bakery stuff and fresh produce, most grocery stores now carry some form of hot food (mostly around lunch time). It's sometimes better nutrition and cost than traditional fast food, and it's almost always fresher and comes with a better selection of sides and drinks.

chain restaurants

It's important to remember that (at the corporate level) large chain restaurants are a distribution system, not a food service. You may be eating at a place with "Subway" on the sign, but you're actually sitting in JoeSchmo Restaurant Operations LLC. The franchise owner buys/leases all of their materials from the corporation, including the food products, kitchen appliances, furniture, employee training materials, and licensed business models. It's not just a lower cost of mass-produced food that keeps the cost of fast food down, its the lower cost of mass-produced everything.

That's not to say this is a bad thing.

so,let me ask this question: Why is fast food evil which causes health issues but drinking beer or whatever your drink of choice is isn't as bad as eating fast despite also causing health issues along with a few other issues?

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
You know you don't have to clean off the plate. Also, not every place serves you massive amounts of food.

I already covered that. If you don't clean your plate, you are wasting food. Either choice is suboptimal. The places that don't serve 'massive' amounts are overcharging you like McDonald's then. I mean, that was one of your main complaints with them after all.

Restaurants use their own dirty tactics. The reason they give you (typically) so much food is to keep dollars/table at a healthy (for their financial bottom line) level.

I already covered that. If you don't clean your plate, you are wasting food. Either choice is suboptimal.
Dude, take the leftovers home. You have another meal. Saved yourself time and money there.
The places that don't serve 'massive' amounts are overcharging you like McDonald's then. I mean, that was one of your main complaints with them after all.
Maybe I didn't explain my complaint about the price being way too high for what they serve you. The quality of food they give you is not worth the price they charge you.
Additionally, not all restaurants charge you more than McDonald's for a meal. I have a few diners in the area that are family run. They serve you a decent amount of food (not too much, not too little), and they are cheap. I can go there with my GF and have breakfast and spend about as much as you would spend at McDonalds and get better quality food.

Restaurants use their own dirty tactics. The reason they give you (typically) so much food is to keep dollars/table at a healthy (for their financial bottom line) level.
So just do your research. I have several restaurants that I know I can go to at various times, to get particular food, or a certain amount of food for a certain price range. If I can do it, so can you.

Remove ads