Do you eat fast food,if so what do you get and where do you go?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You need to swing by brah.

Where's that? I've been to the US many times, and my main experience is so... much.... glowy.... melted.... cheese... on.... everything....

I'm always sick for the whole time I'm at Gen Con. NY was better, and the burritos in California were no better than those in England.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Dude, take the leftovers home. You have another meal. Saved yourself time and money there.

So you missed the part about not being home?

Maybe I didn't explain my complaint about the price being way too high for what they serve you. The quality of food they give you is not worth the price they charge you.

Quality is subjective, that's why I referenced quantity. You can't impose your dislikes on others no matter how hard you try.

Additionally, not all restaurants charge you more than McDonald's for a meal. I have a few diners in the area that are family run. They serve you a decent amount of food (not too much, not too little), and they are cheap. I can go there with my GF and have breakfast and spend about as much as you would spend at McDonalds and get better quality food.

So just do your research. I have several restaurants that I know I can go to at various times, to get particular food, or a certain amount of food for a certain price range. If I can do it, so can you.

Good for you. You assume I haven't researched. No such places around here. They'd go out of business serving food that cheap. The best priced meal for sit-down is $6 for light fare. There used to be a diner like the one you describe 20 years ago in the town I grew up in. Could get the early-bird breakfast special for $2. They are no longer in business. Haven't been for a long time.

Now, for equal time with the internet guide hat, I demand that you go eat a whole bag of White Castle sliders. :p

Where's that? I've been to the US many times, and my main experience is so... much.... glowy.... melted.... cheese... on.... everything....

I'm always sick for the whole time I'm at Gen Con. NY was better, and the burritos in California were no better than those in England.
I think you need to hang out with Danny and let him take you to some Mexican places in Texas.

So you missed the part about not being home?
You missed the part about taking the leftovers home? If you happen to be out of town, you can take them to where you are staying.

Quality is subjective, that's why I referenced quantity. You can't impose your dislikes on others no matter how hard you try.
No it isn't. Grade A beef is a much higher quality than grade C beef.
Good for you. You assume I haven't researched.
You are correct. I did make that assumption, and I probably shouldn't have. I figured if you haven't put in the effort to get a phone that would help you find restaurants, you would more than likely not take the time to research restaurants in the area.
No such places around here. They'd go out of business serving food that cheap. The best priced meal for sit-down is $6 for light fare. There used to be a diner like the one you describe 20 years ago in the town I grew up in. Could get the early-bird breakfast special for $2. They are no longer in business. Haven't been for a long time.
I'm curious, where do you live?
Now, for equal time with the internet guide hat, I demand that you go eat a whole bag of White Castle sliders. :p
I've never tried White Castle. Actually, I've never seen a White Castle. They don't have them around here.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
You missed the part about taking the leftovers home? If you happen to be out of town, you can take them to where you are staying.

Example, on the way to a convention. Not staying. Nowhere to keep food other than the car. Where you keeping those leftovers? Hope you like food poisoning.

You are correct. I did make that assumption, and I probably shouldn't have. I figured if you haven't put in the effort to get a phone that would help you find restaurants, you would more than likely not take the time to research restaurants in the area.

The effort? Give me a break. You rail at McDonald's for their tactics, but the phone companies market how much you "need" the newest smartphone. I don't need to pay mandatory monthly data fees. I don't need to pay a cent for the actual phone. I just need something to make calls with whether at home or away. I have no land line, just cell phones for the family. I'm grandfathered in on a cheaper call plan because I prioritize my money to areas more important to me. I don't need all the extra junk that tries to microtransaction all ones money away. I certainly don't need it to find restaurants, since trips to FF places are negligible compared to more upscale places, both of which are negligible to home cooking.

Example, on the way to a convention. Not staying. Nowhere to keep food other than the car. Where you keeping those leftovers? Hope you like food poisoning.
Simple fix. Backpack (you'll probably have one of those anyways), and one of those reusable icepacks to keep kids lunches from spoiling. Done.

The effort? Give me a break. You rail at McDonald's for their tactics, but the phone companies market how much you "need" the newest smartphone. I don't need to pay mandatory monthly data fees. I don't need to pay a cent for the actual phone. I just need something to make calls with whether at home or away. I have no land line, just cell phones for the family. I'm grandfathered in on a cheaper call plan because I prioritize my money to areas more important to me. I don't need all the extra junk that tries to microtransaction all ones money away. I certainly don't need it to find restaurants, since trips to FF places are negligible compared to more upscale places, both of which are negligible to home cooking.
You seems to have become upset. Maybe it's best we just end the discussion here. It was fun, but I'm not looking to argue with you.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think you need to hang out with Danny and let him take you to some Mexican places in Texas.

Yeah, look me up, Mo!

You know, I keep hearing people say that FF is cheap(er). I don't eat at FF restaurants, but a while ago I stopped in a McDonald's to take a piss. On my way out I looked at their menus, and I have to say, for the food they give you, they are overcharging you. The quantity and quality of food just isn't there to warrant what they charge. The only thing that seems to be worth it is the fountain drinks. You get free refills on those, but the rest of the meal? Nah...

Going back to the one FF meal I et on a regular basis, let us consider the Breakfast Jack. It's a fried egg, a slice of ham (thicker Han I buy at the deli, but not a slab) and a piece of American cheese on a bun. Two of those plus a large drink (in my case, unsweetened iced tea) totals between $3.40-4.20. No tip.

If I go to the Local Diner (the actual name of the restaurant), the most similar meal on their menu, a single sandwich with a fried egg, ham and cheese on my choice of bread (sourdough, usually) without a drink costs $6.43. Add a drink, add another dollar or so. Add plain fries, onion rings or country potatoes, and that$/ another $2.25. Plus tip.

IOW, if I actually had two sandwiches and a drink like I do at JitB, we're talking $15-16.

The key differences- and why i eat at each place are that JitB uses a plain bun while LD gives me slices of nice, buttered, toasted sourdough bread, which tastes better; experiencing the same physical sensation of "fullness" costs 3-5x as much at LD as it does at JitB. But they're in completely different locations- when near LD, I eat there, I eat at JitB when I'm nowhere near LD.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases