Rogar, dwarven god of the forge - Discussion

GlassEye

Adventurer
With a cleric of Rogar in the making I thought it would be a good idea to solidify the specifics of the god and granted cleric abilities. Plus, it's just a good idea to have that done anyway. The only bit of information about the deity on the wiki that I know of is below:

The Dwarves worship Rogar, a one-eyed aspect of the Ruler. Legend states that Rogar lost his eye fighting evil gods on the day the Dwarven citadels fell, and if not for his courage and strength of arms evil hordes would have been released upon E’n to wipe the Dwarven race from it. Each Clan depicts Rogar differently, but all of them emphasize his role as a craftsman and his skill with an axe.​

GlassEye

Adventurer
My brief thoughts:

Appropriate domains: Earth (Metal subdomain, Caves subdomain); Strength (Ferocity subdomain); Artifice; Good (Archon subdomain); Law (Archon subdomain). I think including Healing domain on this list would be a hard sell for me.

Weapon: Battleaxe or Greataxe. One could make a case for the Warhammer but universal emphasis amongst the clans on the god's use of the axe makes me favor the axe.

Aura

Explorer
Somehow I missed the axe mention in the lore text. Clearly that should largely determine favored weapon.

As mentioned in Character Submission thread that got this started, I'm not against gods that are associate with fire having a healing domain, although it could be argued this one has enough domains as is.

G

Guest 11456

Deity: Rogar
AL : LG
Portfolios: God of the forge, strength, courage
Domains: Artifice, Earth, Good, Law, Strength
Favored Weapon: Battleaxe

Systole

First Post
I'm fine with this mechanically, but it just seems strange that a forge god wouldn't have hammer as a favored weapon.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I don't really imagine him as a forge god, either, since it seems his description is more akin to a god of battle. But I'll just see how the discussion pans out and roll with it.

G

Guest 11456

Deity: Rogar
AL : LG
Portfolios: God of crafting, strength, courage
Domains: Artifice, Earth, Good, Law, Strength
Favored Weapon: Battleaxe

GlassEye

Adventurer
Two things are emphasized in the Rogar blurb: 1) he's a craftsman & 2) he's skilled with the axe. If neither of those things suit and you want to change them, why not just write up a different dwarven deity?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases