Background audio site for RPGs

dijon

First Post
Hey everyone, this is my first post at EN World but I've been reading here for ages. I made a site for background audio files that my kids and I use in our RPGs (currently EotE and Numenera) and I finally got the motivation to put them online to share with everyone. It's not so much music as 'situational audio' or 'ambiances' as I like to call them, although there are a few straight up music selections. They're all 10 minutes long which I've found is the sweet spot in terms of time.

Please check it out if you can! Now that the site is done I'll be adding more tracks on a regular basis. The site is tabletopaudio.com

Scorpio616

First Post
Well, this is cool, thanks.

Erm, HOW does one use these at a game without an always on internet connection? Not seeing a normal DL link, just the player.

dijon

First Post
Thanks for checking it out! True, you do need an "always on" Internet connection. However, I've found that this isn't actually a rare thing in 2014:D! Many GMs I know bring a laptop or tablet to games with notes stored in various cloud type serves, Evernote or Google drive or something. This is just another part of the GM tool kit. I sometimes play games in the car with my kids (when my wife is driving, so no driving and rolling here!) and I play these on my phone. Works great!

dijon

First Post
New Tracks...

Added a few new tracks since I last posted: A sci-fi horror track, a alternative universe tribal track and something for your nautical games. Hope you like 'em!

tabletopaudio.com

dijon

First Post
New Tracks for Feb 25th

Just a quick note to say there's a handful of new ambiences online at Tabletop Audio:

There's a western themed (ok, spaghetti western) track that should be perfect for riding into town as the mysterious stranger. It's a little noir so I'm thinking Deadlands would be about right. Then there's The Slaughtered Ox, (or ye olde slaughtered ox if you prefer) - It's a fine and friendly drinking establishment with a pretty good minstrel. And finally, I just bought Slipstream for Savage Worlds so I did I very retro sci-fi track that should work for any old-future type game. Think Forbidden Planet, and then quickly unthink it...

tabletopaudio.com

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases