Beer recommendations

morgurth

Villager
I brew my own beer. It's pretty fun. So far I've made an oatmeal stout, an irish red, an english brown ale, a belgian tripel (twice, it was really good), a german Kolsch and a dunkelweizen.

In order to recommend beers that you might like, I'd have to know what brands/styles you currently enjoy. :)

I brew my own beer. It's pretty fun. So far I've made an oatmeal stout, an irish red, an english brown ale, a belgian triple (twice, it was really good), a german Kolsch and a dunkelweizen.
Sounds tasty.

In order to recommend beers that you might like, I'd have to know what brands/styles you currently enjoy. :)
Lately I've been having Samuel Smith beers. I like their oatmeal stout, chocolate stout, nut brown ale, tardy porter, and Yorkshire sting. I also like the milk stout from the Left Hand Brewing company. Breckenridge vanilla porter is another that I like. St. Bernardus abt 12 and Delirium tremens are another two I like.

While I tend to go for the darker beers, I'd try pretty much any style of beer.

This has the potential for epic funnies. I demand you post videos of yourself tasting your own home brews if you ever brew your own stuff.

What the hell man? You sound like my wife. Isnt it at least possible that I might make some half-way decent beer, I mean the kit im looking at comes with step by step instructions, Im also looking on getting a book on the subject, Im going to make sure I know what Im doing before I just jump right in, Im not a complete idiot, you know!

Having said all that, I think it would be funnier if I filmed you trying my beer.

What the hell man? You sound like my wife. Isn't it at least possible that I might make some half-way decent beer, I mean the kit I'm looking at comes with step by step instructions, Im also looking on getting a book on the subject, Im going to make sure I know what Im doing before I just jump right in,
I've heard this before. It usually ends up with someone going to the emergency room.
Im not a complete idiot, you know!
1340072352915_6912039.png
Having said all that, I think it would be funnier if I filmed you trying my beer.
I'm pretty sure you'd be having an interesting conversation with the feds about shipping alcohol across state lines.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I wanna start home brewing, too, but I've been too lazy to get around to it. The other issue is that you end up with all this beer, yanno? I don't drink at home all that often.

Anyhoo, it's now time for my dirty li'l secret to be aired for all to see ... cuz it relates to the thread topic. For the Super Bowl (which wasn't very super) I selected three different beers to bring - all stuff I've had before. I chose Warsteiner Dunkel (which was less good than I remembered but still decent), Great Lakes Brewing Co Conway's Irish Ale (pretty darned good) and ... and my confession. I didn't know that this beer was produced by the company that also owns Sapporo (terrible, terrible stuff - if you've got to go Japanese and it has to be beer please, please go with Ki Rin) and was made in ... in ... Quebec ... until after I bought it. The thing is, it's really friggin' good and I happen to like a couple of other beers they make. Anyhoo, this one is a Belgian Tripel made by Unibroe called La Fin du Monde. It's excellent - spicy but not overpowering, sweet but not sickeningly so. If you haven't tried it you need to. It reminds me of a white or wheat ale but a little more ... apparent in it's flavoring. Really nice.

Remove ads