Beer recommendations

I wanna start home brewing, too, but I've been too lazy to get around to it. The other issue is that you end up with all this beer, yanno? I don't drink at home all that often.

Anyhoo, it's now time for my dirty li'l secret to be aired for all to see ... cuz it relates to the thread topic. For the Super Bowl (which wasn't very super) I selected three different beers to bring - all stuff I've had before. I chose Warsteiner Dunkel (which was less good than I remembered but still decent), Great Lakes Brewing Co Conway's Irish Ale (pretty darned good) and ... and my confession. I didn't know that this beer was produced by the company that also owns Sapporo (terrible, terrible stuff - if you've got to go Japanese and it has to be beer please, please go with Ki Rin) and was made in ... in ... Quebec ... until after I bought it. The thing is, it's really friggin' good and I happen to like a couple of other beers they make. Anyhoo, this one is a Belgian Tripel made by Unibroe called La Fin du Monde. It's excellent - spicy but not overpowering, sweet but not sickeningly so. If you haven't tried it you need to. It reminds me of a white or wheat ale but a little more ... apparent in it's flavoring. Really nice.
La Fin du Monde has a pretty good rating on beeradvocate.com. I may just try it.

La Fin Du Monde? Really? You guys dont remember my review of that one? I dont know why I bother sometimes. I am surprised you liked it ZB, I was kinda assuming that we had similar tastes when it came to brewskis. I thought it sounded good, going by the bottle, brewed with spices and all that, sounds interesting I thought, gah! The only "spice" i tasted in it was salt, I didnt really detect to many other flavors than that, I mean to me it tasted like a Little Kings or something, that some one dumped some salt into, I mean I guess it wasnt horribly bad, but I was expecting something a little more I guess. Its also possible that perhaps I got a bad batch or something.

La Fin Du Monde? Really? You guys dont remember my review of that one? I dont know why I bother sometimes. I am surprised you liked it ZB, I was kinda assuming that we had similar tastes when it came to brewskis. I thought it sounded good, going by the bottle, brewed with spices and all that, sounds interesting I thought, gah! The only "spice" i tasted in it was salt, I didnt really detect to many other flavors than that, I mean to me it tasted like a Little Kings or something, that some one dumped some salt into, I mean I guess it wasnt horribly bad, but I was expecting something a little more I guess. Its also possible that perhaps I got a bad batch or something.
Really? That's pretty odd considering the rating it gets on beer advocate.com. It has a BA score of 96, and over 6K reviews. Maybe you just got one that got skunky? I think you should try it again, and re-rate it to see if it's still as bad as you say.

I'll wait till you try it, and if you say its really good too, then I may have to give it another shot.

Im still lookin to try Samuel Smith's Stingo, cant find that stuff anywhere. Everytime I go to the Samuel Smith section theres always this empty spot, where Im assuming the Stingo was, must be some really good stuff, looks like im going to have to special order it.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Really? That's pretty odd considering the rating it gets on beer advocate.com. It has a BA score of 96, and over 6K reviews. Maybe you just got one that got skunky? I think you should try it again, and re-rate it to see if it's still as bad as you say.
Silver is right, it is not that good. I'm surprised ZB likes it that much.

Remove ads