Beer recommendations

The last beer I had was Estrella. Not the best but it's a Spanish beer and I was eating in a Spanish/Portuguese joint so I had one. It's kinda fun to do that - when I was in Corfu I drank Mythos which isn't great but, admittedly, much better than the other two 'beers' you can get over there (Amstel and Heineken). And my bad beer over the weekend was absolved by my otherwise high quality choice in spirits: Lagavulin 16, Guinness, Jameson's and The Glenlivet 12.
You seriously have to try The Hopping Frog Boris the Crusher beer. Silver is right, that is some amazing stuff. I wish I had more. I'm going to have to go get some more.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I didn't expect anything to come out of Akron to be good, but that is one tasty beer. I guess when you live in Akron, you need to know how to make good strong beer, so you forget you live in Akron.

**chuckle ** Is it that bad??

It feels like to me you lived there at some time. Is that accurate? If so, what is the worse thing you can post about Akron? (Keep the grandma rule in mind of course)

I dont think HS has ever been to Ohio, and Akron isnt really that bad for a small city in Ohio, its just kinda boring, not alot to do, other than make good beer apparently, I havnt been there in years, so its possible the place has jazzed up some.

It feels like to me you lived there at some time. Is that accurate? If so, what is the worse thing you can post about Akron? (Keep the grandma rule in mind of course)

I dont think HS has ever been to Ohio, and Akron isnt really that bad for a small city in Ohio, its just kinda boring, not alot to do, other than make good beer apparently, I havnt been there in years, so its possible the place has jazzed up some.
No, I've never had the misfortune of being in Ohio, much less Akron.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I didn't expect anything to come out of Akron to be good, but that is one tasty beer. I guess when you live in Akron, you need to know how to make good strong beer, so you forget you live in Akron.

Akron has a couple of decent breweries ... which is a pretty big surprise.

**chuckle ** Is it that bad??

Akron isn't terrible. Typical small city but it was down for a long time. Recently they've invested a lot of time and money trying to bring it back and, I have to admit, they've done a decent job of it. There's a few destinations and it's pretty clean and not terribly intimidating. All told, though, it's nothing special. This isn't some beach resort we're talking about. That said, it's also no Flint or Detroit.

Silver: If you're ever near Akron again and like baseball check out an Aero's game. Small park, newish, very nice. Games there are pretty fun to watch.

Akron has a couple of decent breweries ... which is a pretty big surprise.
Yeah, that was surprising.
Akron isn't terrible. Typical small city but it was down for a long time. Recently they've invested a lot of time and money trying to bring it back and, I have to admit, they've done a decent job of it. There's a few destinations and it's pretty clean and not terribly intimidating. All told, though, it's nothing special. This isn't some beach resort we're talking about. That said, it's also no Flint or Detroit.
Yeah, but how about the people that live in Akron? :p

Remove ads