1st world problems: Broke a promise to myself

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Didn't see any of those at Verizon.

The LG i had was my first smartphone, so I didn't really have a preference on mobile operating systems...until I compared it with my iPod Touch. The iPad2 I later acquired, plus my side-by-side experiences with iPhone users led me to dislike the Android environment.

And while I am finding the iPhone 4S more to my tastes than my old LG or mom's LG G2- which, BTW, Verizon was not much help with today- I still don't care for my iPhone. Still too much a tiny tablet, not enough a phone. Even its belt carry case is ridiculous- much bigger and harder to operate than the one for my iPod Touch- and made of uncomfortable hard plastics that gouge into my side. Yes, that's more down to the case maker, not Apple, but the sheer size if the iPhone makes certain design demands...

IOW, I really dislike smartphones.

Why wear an iPhone, though? One of the main reasons I bought my 4s was because I didn't have to wear it. It fits very nicely in my pocket.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I've got wallet in one front pocket - no room for a phone there. My other front pocket has keys, which will damage any phone I put in the pocket. Putting a phone in a back pocket is dreadfully uncomfortable when you sit.

I end up wearing pants with cargo pockets a lot.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Because I have other things in my pocketses...

So do I, bro!

I've got wallet in one front pocket - no room for a phone there. My other front pocket has keys, which will damage any phone I put in the pocket. Putting a phone in a back pocket is dreadfully uncomfortable when you sit.

I end up wearing pants with cargo pockets a lot.

Cargo pockets are awesome. I pretty much exclusively wear pants with 'em to work. Gotta carry lotsa small tools sometimes and they make that easy.

Remove ads