[OOC] The First Age of Man

Axel

First Post
[OOC] The First Age of Man (Recruiting Now)

Got there in the end I think. :) Could be entertaining and awkward at the same time.

No reason we've met each other before, but it could make party intro easier.

Piston Honda

First Post
Your word is final, but I would like to explain my ideas first a little more throughoutly:
I took rich parents to give some sense of leadership/nobility/fame to the character. I thought of him as the son of a tribe leader, who has been passing the sword/whatever from father to son, with the knowledge of how to preserve it, being the symbol of the tribe chief/leader. So anyeays, wanted to explain it a little more, no problem at all if you decide to veto it regardless
The crowbad and grappling hook I assumed would be either wooden or stone.
I still didn't, just put a number there. Will correct.

I get that, but in this campaign, scarcity is a major adversity for all people. The trait, especially giving that weapon and armor would really negate a major game component before it's even started, the intention being that you won't see anything like that for possibly quite some time, and there should be a feeling of really having earned that sort of equipment. As well, those are the sort of things that would attract a lot of potentially unwanted attention upon a tribe. A stone crowbar would work, the grappling hook could be stone as well, I don't think you'd want either of those things as wood, especially once you're forty feet up. :)

Piston Honda

First Post
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], [MENTION=6755061]MasqueradingVampire[/MENTION], [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]

Intention is to start Sunday or Monday, so if you guys need any additional info to get your characters ready, let me know, Rogue's Gallery page is here. Shayuri your character is good.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Very well, I'll scratch something else then. Just so I get it clear, what kind of weapons could be stone made, besides the obvious (axe, mace)

Piston Honda

First Post
Bladed weapons can be obsidian or flint-based, main things off-limits before getting to exotic weapons are cross-bows (mechanical, doesn't exist), chain-based weapons (an improvised flail with rope might be possible), a rapier would have to be metal based (most people making weapons to defend themselves would likely be making something much more practical).

Note: This is based on the Core Rulebook, if you find something out of any of the other books, I'll need to look at it first, but that should help.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
[OOC] The First Age of Man (Recruiting Now)

Spears are good. They're a very under rated weapon in PF generally. And they're cheap, so easy to make cold iron etc in high fantasy games.

This might be taking the piss a little, but thought I'd throw it out there... Composite longbow (with str bonus?!) as a starting weapon? "Easily" built using laminated bone, horn and rendered animal fats as a glue. Strings are typically cloth or animal tendon/gut.

Dates noted. Working on it at the moment. Usual excuses about kids and work...*grumbles*

Piston Honda

First Post
Spears are good. They're a very under rated weapon in PF generally. And they're cheap, so easy to make cold iron etc in high fantasy games.

This might be taking the piss a little, but thought I'd throw it out there... Composite longbow (with str bonus?!) as a starting weapon? "Easily" built using laminated bone, horn and rendered animal fats as a glue. Strings are typically cloth or animal tendon/gut.

Dates noted. Working on it at the moment. Usual excuses about kids and work...*grumbles*

I can ok a Composite Longbow, but the Strength bonus will require something stronger than deer or other forest game bone.

No need to make a major rush on everything, if you can have stats and a basic background, background can be expanded on as you get time since the pace for pbp doesn't really necessitate everything be there immediately.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Just need to find the time. Probably tomorrow (Wednesday) evening at the earliest. (Thank goodness equipment is limited...that's my least favorite part of character creation.)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

Quotes:
"Gods? Gods?! There's no god, none that cares for us anyway."
"See for yourself the reality, grasp it and take it. And quit complaining."
"So you want to test your mettle against me? A poor choice."

Story:

Sheng was a strange kid. Some say it was because his parents died in an orc raid. He was capable of doing anything, and questioning everything, even the most mainstream things about his tribe. He was schooled more than once for defying the All-Father, but to no avail. The kid was a skeptic and a cynic. Sheng made friends with most of the tribesmen, learning what he could. He learnt to fight from the guards, to survive from the hunters, even he mastered a cantrip in secret thanks to the tribe's alchemist.
He enjoyed a good fight when a young men, and few could outmatch him. It was not his strength, of which he didn't lack, but its combination with his wits, his nimble moves and stamina. He trained in the use of many weapons, mastering anything that fell in his hands. He was a promising young man, the only thing troublesome was his defiance to authority. To authority and to the gods, which the priest just couldn't warp his head around. Unable to convince the other tribesmen to convince Sheng, nor undermine his name in front of the council of elders, the priest decided to plant false evidence in his adobe house. Evidence that would incriminate him of dealing with the orcs.
The tribe was outraged, feeling betrayed. His friends turned into foes, and accused him. He pledged innocence but the evidence planted was so terrible, not even his reputation could stand it. He was forced to leave, and never come back.
As Sheng looked back, he could see the mischievous grin in the priest's face. He swore to himself that one day he would kill that bastard.
Months passed in the wilderness, and Sheng had to steel himself, be ruthless. There was no place for compassion in the wild, he had to learn to kill or die.

0011256c46309d11ca26ea786ff0ecf9-d4xpr7b.jpg

Code:
 [B]Name[/B]: Sheng Shemin
[B]Class[/B]: Fighter 1
[B]Race[/B]: Human
[B]Size[/B]: Medium
[B]Gender[/B]: Male

Str: 14/16 +3		Level: 1        XP: 0
Dex: 14 +2		BAB: +1		HP: 13
Con: 14 +2		CM bonus: +4	CM defense: 17
Int: 14 +2		Speed: 30'	
Wis: 12 +1		Init: +2