Clothing styles or items you wish would come back

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I currently have about 10- mostly custom made by my loving & talented Mom- but one of my faves I wore to ruination. It was black leather and had a paisley pattern in it created by the contrast between the regular leather and sueded portions. Very subtle.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'd like to see a return of naked Olympic athletes. Sure, the winter Olympics might pose additional challenges, but I know I'd watch more.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I have my grandfather's cufflink collection. It's a mixed bag of quality, from very good to 1970s tourist kitsch.

Anyone tried museumReplicas.com?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I have a couple dozen hats, mostly baseball caps, but also including a black felt fedora, a brown sueded leather fedora, and flat caps in leather and wools of various colors.

The problem is, the hat-check and hat stand in public spaces have virtually disappeared!

It's good those have disappeared. We shouldn't be so hasty to spread lice. ;)

sometime after JFK and that football coach in Dallas, hats went out of fashion.

I like my Fedora and my australian outback style hat, so I wear them when the weather's not too hot.

I don't wear ballcaps too much. Never was big on those.

Canes and walking sticks also seem out of use nowadays.

Canes/sticks are too weapon-y for today's teddy bear world.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It's good those have disappeared. We shouldn't be so hasty to spread lice. ;)

According to the CDC, that's not highly probable, and simple cleaning measures should take care of most of that:

Although uncommon, head lice can be spread by sharing clothing or belongings. This happens when lice crawl, or nits attached to shed hair hatch, and get on the shared clothing or belongings. Examples include:

sharing clothing (hats, scarves, coats, sports uniforms) or articles (hair ribbons, barrettes, combs, brushes, towels, stuffed animals) recently worn or used by an infested person;

or lying on a bed, couch, pillow, or carpet that has recently been in contact with an infested person.

Canes/sticks are too weapon-y for today's teddy bear world.
And yet they're still readily available.:hmm:

Remove ads