What futuristic job would you be willing to do?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The guy people call to tell them to re-boot their robots.

Just power it off, count to 30 and power it back on. If it still tries to kill you, we will schedule a site visit.

Then other jobs:
  • Space Hauler
  • Galactic Pirate
  • Time Lord

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Just power it off, count to 30 and power it back on. If it still tries to kill you, we will schedule a site visit.

"DAMMIT!!! It keeps shooting the plasma rifle at anything that moves while saying 'Press any key to reboot'- where is the *********** 'Any' key? All I see is numbers!"

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Tramp freighter captain with a small, diverse, and loyal crew. Captain Tightpants. Go places, meet people, get in adventures. Like Caine in Kung-Fu.

This, or scout service dude. Be the 'first in' guy, the first to set foot on a new world, the first person to visit a star system, etc.
Baby Designer: present people with optimal packages of genetically biased traits, and physical qualities, making sure that the parents genetic code won't produce something they don't want or expect.
Retrofitter: redesign and sculpt past memories for people who want to forget traumatic events, or change their current personality.
Memetic Assassin: Hunt down and eliminate or change dangerous cultural event horizons
Reclamation Expert: revert previously settled areas to a managed pre-industrial state

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

Then other jobs:
  • Space Hauler
  • Galactic Pirate
  • Time Lord

hey, space pirate! . . . . .
"Arrgh Laddie, I be takin yer ferward plate ionizing initializer fer me own purposes, I thank ye kindly."

"DAMMIT!!! It keeps shooting the plasma rifle at anything that moves while saying 'Press any key to reboot'- where is the *********** 'Any' key? All I see is numbers!"

The 'any' key is connected to a "somebody else's problem drive", in which to bypass it you need to close your eyes and press toward the keypad.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
AI Emancipator
ROBOLUTION!BLOG--article_image.jpg

EscherEnigma

Adventurer
Baby Designer: present people with optimal packages of genetically biased traits, and physical qualities, making sure that the parents genetic code won't produce something they don't want or expect.
Dammit, which Heinlein book was that? I want to say Beyond this Horizon but it's been so long since I Heinlein binged...

Remove ads