The First Age of Man

Piston Honda

First Post
OOC: Asra was on the other side of the Orcs when spotting them. I'm presuming Asra wouldn't run straight through them and is trying to stay out of the thick of things while trying to get back to you.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng grits his teeth. He gets the picture of what's happening, and is decided to get these filthy orcs what they deserve. He keeps walking, bringing his shield in front of him, and keeps walking... walking... running! He would push one of the distracted orcs off the cliff side, and exterminate the other with his already drawn sword.

OOC: Attempting a bull rush to push the orc off the cliff I presume. What should I roll?

Shayuri

First Post
Niraya opened her eyes, and slowly rose to her feet. She felt dizzy and strange...and a moment of panic seized her, because not only were there sounds of fighting, but she was floating in the air!

Only...no...she could feel her feet on the ground. But that wasn't possible, because she was looking down at the cart from a height of at least a couple of feet or more from where she should have been. Everything looked strange too. There were no shadows under the canopies of the trees to either side. Rather, colors faded away, but the other details of what was in those 'dark patches' remained perfectly clear.

She looked at her hands, and her eyes widened. Quickly she twisted, trying to see as much of herself as she could. What she saw brought a horrified gasp out of her.

Niraya was tall...taller than a grown man, and wider too. Muscles bulged in her shoulders and arms...presumably down her chest and abdomen as well, but that couldn't be seen due to the thick plated carapace that ran down her front. Her forearms and shins were likewise crusted in the same bony armor. On her hands, it formed itself into long raking talons that overlaid her fingers. This was a mercy though, because beyond that, she wore nothing at all. Her skin was tough even where the armor didn't cover it, and while flesh-toned, was lighter in shade than her natural skin.

She reached up and touched her face, wincing as her claws nicked herself in the process. Her head was bigger too, and while she couldn't really feel the details of it, she did find there were a pair of thick, short horns extending up and back from her temples. And no hair...her hair appeared to be gone.

Stranger still was her reaction. Just moments ago, these findings would have reduced her to bawling panic. And while she did feel dawning horror and fear at what she'd done to herself...there was something else burning through it, like sunrays through ice. Anger.

There were orcs over there.

As the last of the mists evaporated from around her, she grabbed at a strand and PULLED. It stretched and snapped into a ghostly visage. She snarled at it, in a voice deeper than her usual one, "Stay near me and keep those axes away from me."

With that, Niraya hopped down from the cart, and landed heavily enough for the others to feel in the ground.

"Stop those horses from bolting," she said gruffly. "I'll hold them off."

Somewhere in the back of her head, Niraya was still freaking out...but as she started forward, it was hard to hold onto that fear. She felt so strong! Even as big and heavy as she was, every movement felt light and easy, like she could leap into the sky if she wanted!

[sblock=Actions]Niraya casts Mage Armor, and moves towards the orcs![/sblock]

AC with Mage Armor: 19

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah can't help but exclaim, "She is a Demon!"

Her voice held no judgment but she instantly regretted her outburst for the others would surely act out of fear.

Piston Honda

First Post
OOC:

Voda, it would be a CMB roll.

Shayuri, to help me out, could you post your modified AC when using Mage Armor? Anyone else who can add to their modifier if you could do this, I'd be thankful.

Initiative order:

Tekai

Sheng

Seerah

NPCs

Axel

First Post
Tekai put the shouts and strange noises from the cart out of his head, making a deliberate effort to control his breathing. I am too rushed! This is no good...

Trying to remain calm, he drew and arrow, pulled and fired at the last standing orc rushing the cart. Thwack, came the sound of Arfan releasing. Without waiting to see how the shot fell, Tekai drew and fired again. You have practiced this with Father! Calm breathing, deliberate shots. Look, think and decide.

Tekai saw he had hit twice with two shots - it was all he could do not to dance and shout from his position. But there were still more orcs...

[sblock=rolls]
1d20+4+1+1-2=19, 20
Damage = 1d8 = 8,2
[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
Tekai's aim held true as he calmed himself, the first arrow striking the Orc through the chest, followed by a second through its throat, felling the brute.

[sblock=OOC All]
Initiative Order
Sheng

Seerah

NPCs

2 Orcs at the top of the cliff, 2 unconscious near the cart, 2 Orcs about 25' from the cart.
[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
Sheng charges, crashing into the unaware Orc sending him forward off the cliff.
Tekai hears a snap in the tree above him, an Orc falls to the ground limp, landing a few feet away, a branch following a fraction of a second later. [sblock=OOC All] Seerah's up 2 Orcs 25' away, 2 unconscious Orcs near the cart, 1 Orc on the cliff with Sheng. [/sblock]

Remove ads