Free online one-page interactive Character sheet (aimed at tablets)

Gonozal

First Post
Edit: I've completely forgotten the link -.-
http://chars4e.eu

I've completed my version of a 4e character sheet for tablets. I got frustrated with alternatives like the iplay4e mobile site and a bunch of android apps I tried, so I made the version I'd want to use.

However, it is NOT a character builder. You can't build your characters with this tool. You have to upload your character from either the DDI or offline CB to get any use out of it (note that the offline CB does not normally export detailed powers, feats, rituals etc. However, if you somehow get that info into the offline CB save files, you can totally use it).

That being said, it's completely free and open source.

Here are some screenshots taken form a Nexus7:
http://imgur.com/a/zRpG7

It should all be pretty self-explanatory, so you only really need to ready any further if you have problems or questions.

How to get started
To use it, register on the website (does NOT require a valid email unless you need a PW reset) and upload an exported character from the DDI character builder. Now just follow the link to your character and you're good to go
The old offline CB is also supported, but the data it exports into the character saves is very limited and hardly useful unless you manually add a bunch of stuff. There are tools out there that help with this but I'm not sure they're exactly legal, so I won't link them here.
If you have the option (android with the chrome beta, iOS since quite some time), add the website to your homescreen and launch it as a mobile app. This way the address bar is hidden and you won't have to scroll all over the place.

Advice if you're stuck
First, you should take a long rest since HP, Healing surges etc start at 0.
To take damage, receive healing, set Temporary HP or take short/long rests, use the icons below the input boxes.
To edit your carried coins, click on the relevant entry under "Wealth and Posessions" and then on the value you want to edit. It's automatically updated when you leave the input box.
Most elements like feats, rituals, powers etc show additional info when you click on them. Click on them again or anywhere else to dismiss the info panel again.
To mark a power as used, click on the link in the info panel of the relevant power or swipe left to right over it (might not work on all devices).

Compatibility
I've tested the website primarily on a Nexus 7, but it also works on my iPhone (admittedly a bit small) and should display well on iPads, too.
I can't be sure about the dozens of other android devices, just reply if your tablet does not work well with it.

Known Issues
Power Point tracking for certain psionic characters is not implemented.
Multiple-use Encounter or Daily powers only have one "charge" right now.
File Upload from mobile devices might not work depending on your device.

Last edited:

Remove ads