[March] What are you reading?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
I just finished Turgenev's A Sportsman's Notebook (for the second time). Wonderful collection of stories. He is by far my favorite Russian classic author.

I started Palahniuk's Damned today cuz I wanted to refresh my memory before starting Doomed. It's about a 13 year old girl in hell and it's awesome.

delericho

Legend
"City of Locusts", the latest Pathfinder AP volume.

So far this month, I've read "The Hundred Days" by Pat O'Brian (which was great) and the Third Doctor story from the "11 Authors 11 Stories" anthology (which was okay but not great).

Next up is "A Memory of Light", the final volume in the Wheel of Time. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it being, finally, over. :)

Crothian

First Post
I read Midnight Riot and Moon over Soho books one and two in a series by Ben Aaronovitch. Pretty good magical modern day detective novels.

Nellisir

Hero
Jumping back and forth between The Master Mind of Mars and Engine Summer (by John Crowley). I'm going to try and finish one or both over the weekend so I can move on.

I read Prefect by Alistair Reynolds before those two. I like his stuff a lot.

Nellisir

Hero
Finished The Master Mind of Mars, working on Engine Summer. Master Mind was about what I expected, except...less. It's pretty slight. In D&D terms it's a single adventure, not a campaign. The first half of the book is pretty dull; the second is considerably more interesting. Some good ideas in the second half.

STIGMATADOR

Banned
Banned
I'm reading "The Third Reich at War" by Richard Evans.
It's a detailed, in depth history.
Not for the faint-hearted or light reader.

Nellisir

Hero
Read The Forgotten Beasts of Eld today. I was sure I'd read it before, but turns out nope. Good book; you can see some hints of stuff that turn into The Riddlemaster of Hed.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I noticed that fantasyhad come to dominate my reading a bit, so I'm shifting over to some sci-fi for a bit...

Finished Ben Bova's Mars just a few days ago.

Just started Gateway, by Frederik Pohl.

Remove ads