The Walking Dead 4.13 - "Alone" - (spoiler alert)

NewJeffCT

First Post
One group finds a shelter; a group has a realization about protection.

[video=youtube_share;rmOTQ4ZIfS8]http://youtu.be/rmOTQ4ZIfS8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;28oCr36ms08]http://youtu.be/28oCr36ms08[/video]

Looks like we're getting at least Sasha/Maggie/Bob and Beth/Daryl tonight. I wonder if Daryl missing the squirrel last week is foreshadowing of a bigger miss to come? He hardly has ever missed before in 3 1/2 seasons. I wonder if they'll be all be re-united in the last episode, or if it will be before that?

NewJeffCT

First Post
I've enjoyed the episodes overall this half of the season, but I'm getting disappointed that at least some of the groups have not re-united yet. Seems like they're taking too long to get together.

Next week, it looks like Tyreese/Carol is the focus, and some Glenn/Abraham. How many weeks without Rick would that make? Unless he shows up at the end like Glenn did last night?

Some interesting events last night - Sasha & Bob growing closer, Daryl and Beth in the mortuary, and then being swamped by walkers with Beth apparently kidnapped? I wonder if whoever kidnapped Beth led the walkers to the door? I thought Daryl was losing it - last week, he misses with the crossbow, and then he thought the dog had returned, only to encounter walker city at the door. However, when he got to the basement, he turned back into super-Daryl and killed his way through a good dozen or more walkers.

Of course, he then gets surrounded by the guys Rick encountered at the house in town. Not really a good crowd to fall in with, but he didn't really have much choice. There were 6 of them, and they all looked pretty capable.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The back half of this season is boring. like, watching grass grow boring.

These characters aren't wandering around looking for each other, or Terminus - they're wandering around in search of some scrap of plot on which to subsist until the end of the season, which I'm oddly looking forward to now.

NewJeffCT

First Post
The back half of this season is boring. like, watching grass grow boring.

These characters aren't wandering around looking for each other, or Terminus - they're wandering around in search of some scrap of plot on which to subsist until the end of the season, which I'm oddly looking forward to now.

Oddly, though, I found more parts of seasons 2 and 3 boring than this year so far.

Oddly, though, I found more parts of seasons 2 and 3 boring than this year so far.

The walking dead has always been something of a plodding drama, with a bit of a soap opera bent to it. So i dont mind the pace at all. I like this second half of the season, though last weeks episode was pretty dull because it inly focused on Daryl and Beth (and i just dont find daryl interesting on his own...he needs other characters to make him interesting). Generally a fan of the splitting up of the group, just on the case of Daryl and Beth, not very interested in either of them. This one was pretty good though. Had some interesting developments by the end, and pretty interested to see what they discover at terminus.

NewJeffCT

First Post
The walking dead has always been something of a plodding drama, with a bit of a soap opera bent to it. So i dont mind the pace at all. I like this second half of the season, though last weeks episode was pretty dull because it inly focused on Daryl and Beth (and i just dont find daryl interesting on his own...he needs other characters to make him interesting). Generally a fan of the splitting up of the group, just on the case of Daryl and Beth, not very interested in either of them. This one was pretty good though. Had some interesting developments by the end, and pretty interested to see what they discover at terminus.

True - with the Rick/Shane/Lori love triangle, as well as Andrea falling for the "bad boys" all the time, it does have a bit of soap opera in it.

pure speculation on my part - the groups finally unite in episode 15 and decide to make a go of it in Terminus, and then get there in episode 16 only to find it has recently been overrun. At the end, they decide to go with Eugene to Washington DC.

True - with the Rick/Shane/Lori love triangle, as well as Andrea falling for the "bad boys" all the time, it does have a bit of soap opera in it.

i have to admitm this is one of the reasons i like the show. Love zombie movies but would not be able to watch multiple seasons of the standard zombie formula. This is what hapoens after the zombie movie ends, and if the drama between the characters isn't interesting, i think i would get bored in this kind if setting. But then I will watch 50 episodes of a chinese wuxia series, which usually is a mix of swordsword play and a bit of soap opera. 24 was also a prime time soap opera. It can be entertaining when done well.

Remove ads