Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

G

Guest 11456

Jade Regent Adventure Path (IC):

It is mid-morning and each of you received a hand written note, yesterday:

Please meet me at noon tomorrow at the Rusty Dragon. This invitation is your ticket to lunch and perhaps more. -Ameiko Kaijitsu

[sblock=OOC]Let me know if you want to attend to any business or if you are just heading to the Rusty Dragon.[/sblock]

Player - Character:
Shayuri - kitsune bard (archaeologist)
Kaodi - arctic elf barbarian (elemental kin)
Binder Fred - human oracle of flame
perrinmiller - human summoner
jkason - half-orc ranger (falconer)
Graybeard - half-elf sorcerer

OOC
RG
Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
At 15 minutes to noon, Analisse has her nose in a book as usual, this one a treatise on the World Wound's effect on local flora and fauna. Koya has to remind her for the third time about Ameiko's note. Analisse sighs, muttering, "I have little interest in social gatherings and what not but if you insist, then so be it."

She still manages to be a good 15 minutes late.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"What do you think she wants?" asks Fastus of his childhood friend Sachiko, in another part of Sandpoint entirely. The temperamental young blacksmith is actually sulking, and has been ever since he found out the note wasn't just for him moments ago: Sachiko got one too! And so did Elsbeth! And. And. Who knows who else? "That 'perhaps more' was completely misleading," the youth grouses to himself.

OOC: If you want, Shayuri. If you do, feel free to put the scene wherever you like. Otherwise, I'll change it.
That goes for you too of course, Graybeard.

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth had just finished putting the children down for their nap when a messenger arrived with a note. Thinking it was intended for her employer, she accepted it and left it on the table for when the arrived home. In the meantime, she tidied up a bit before heading out to work in the garden. As she did so, she thought of how lucky she was since Ameiko had taken her in on that fateful day. All the schooling she had received, the magical training, even the work at the tavern to help pay Ameiko for her kindness. Just a few months ago, Ameiko had found this job, a sort of live in nanny, for her.

Later when her employer came home, he opened the note and scanned it briefly before handing it over to Elsbeth.
Elsbeth read the note carefully and was a bit surprised to see it was an invitation from Ameiko. She thought it was odd but perhaps her mentor wished to talk, to see how she was doing.

She looked at her employer with questioning eyes. She did not wish to leave the children alone while she went out.
Her employer assured her that it was okay and that he would stay with the children the next day. Without thinking, Elsbeth gave him a hug. After a moment, she released him. Suddenly realizing what she had done, she apologized profusely before running off to tell her friends Fastus and Sachiko.

In her wake, the man just stood there, sighed, and smiled.

The next day, Elsbeth made sure she arrived 10 minutes early wearing her best clothes, freshly washed and pressed. The tavern was bustling with the lunch crowd. Ameiko was not visible when she walked in, no doubt busy in the back.

Kaodi

Hero
Suldrel broods quietly in the shade outside the general store as he waits for his order to be filled. After the note had arrived yesterday he conferred with his boss at the ranch about starting a litter later than usual. The pale elf usually tried to find something that allowed him to start later in the day and work into the evening, as a bright Sun bothers his eyes. But scheduling for a noon meeting could mean working well into the night. Not necessarily one to sleep in though just because of the opportunity he decided to take the time in the morning to come here, to the store, with Shalelu's order for some of the things the two of them and Sachiko would need at home.

Rereading the note, Suldrel wonders what Ameiko could want with him. Of course they were of reasonably good terms, as the Tian bar owner was Sachiko's best friend, but after he had brought up the note with his sister the previous night, he had left the conversation no less mystified about his inclusion in whatever was afoot.

The elf gets the call from the store assistant, gathers up his things and forks over several coins. He then trudges over towards the Rusty Dragon.

Shayuri

First Post
"What do you think she wants?" asks Fastus of his childhood friend Sachiko, in another part of Sandpoint entirely. The temperamental young blacksmith is actually sulking, and has been ever since he found out the note wasn't just for him moments ago: Sachiko got one too! And so did Elsbeth! And. And. Who knows who else? "That 'perhaps more' was completely misleading," the youth grouses to himself.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Sachiko observes in reply to the blacksmith. She gives him one of her trademark grins...mouth closed, eyes closed...she looks insufferably smug, as if she knew the ending to the book you'd just started, and couldnt' wait to see your face when you found out. "She wants to apologize! That's why she's buying lunch, of course...though she OWNS the inn, she could just let us eat there whenever we wanted. That's what I'd do if I owned an inn."

The trio were walking along one of the town streets, making their way towards the Rusty Dragon. It wasn't far and it wasn't really lunch yet, so they were taking their time about it.

She plucks at her shoulder, where her maroon vest clashes mightily against her light blue tunic. It's a collision in color that makes no sense until she says, "Do you think she'll like this? I picked it because, you know...pirates...but I feel like she might not remember anymore."

With that she turned her attention to the odd one out, the other woman who strolled along with her and Fastus.

"What do you think, Elsbeth? Would you treat all your friends all the time if you had an inn?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

That morning Jariah had been out and about in Sandpoint, her black jaguar-looking feline padding along at her side. Koya was letting her stay during this extended visit in town following Nana Nishka’s passing. The mourning was over, the old woman’s death had been sad, but she was rather old and it was long overdue considering the average life expectancy of people.

The young woman entered the house to find Analisse still not ready to go and Koya had just reminded the distracted girl for a repeated time. Jakira commented, “Free lunch, we can’t be late. I bet she will have…” The eidolon was always hungry and she mentally instructed him to wait there with Koya as he listed all of the food on the menu for the Rusty Dragon.

Jariah found Analisse with her nose in a book, oblivious to the world around her. She shook her head as the young spell caster did not even notice her standing there.

She coughed to get her attention and said, “Analisse, come on. It is time to go, put your book down.”

Jariah was not going to accept no for an answer and would even resort to taking the book from the other girl’s hands to get her moving.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Wireth Norin, half-orc falconer

Wireth found himself a bit dumbfounded when he received a note during his monthly visit to Sandpoint for those few supplies he and Nairo couldn't manage for themselves in the territory outside town. The large half-orc had paid for his supplies abesnt-mindedly, grunting a vague thanks for the missive before wandering back outside, where Nairo left his perch and circled overhead, a quizzical clucking in his call.

"It's from Ameiko," he says as if in answer to the bird. "She's one of the humans Shelalu seems to like, so it's not likely to be some kind of set up. Assuming the note's really from that human.

Nairo lands in front of the imposing gray figure of his companion, poking his knee with his beak, breaking Wireth from his reverie. The turkey vulture cocks his head to one side and the half-orc shrugs.

"Looks like we'll be in town a little longer than I thought."

The next day, after circling the Inn from the ground as Nairo did the same from high above, and deciding everything seemed benign, Wireth gave a short whistle and pointed. Nairo took a perch with an eye to the door and settled in to watch for trouble as the half-orc entered the Inn to see just what made him worth a free lunch.

[sblock=ooc]Figuring a big turkey vulture isn't likely the kind of thing most folks let wander into their establishments, Wireth's leaving him outside, using the Watch trick just in case, because our half-our is nothing if not a little paranoid. :) [/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Jariah found Analisse with her nose in a book, oblivious to the world around her. She shook her head as the young spell caster did not even notice her standing there.

She coughed to get her attention and said, “Analisse, come on. It is time to go, put your book down.”

Jariah was not going to accept no for an answer and would even resort to taking the book from the other girl’s hands to get her moving.

Analisse closed the book with annoyance, "I really don't see the point. This is likely to be some sort of social function with no real purpose other than an artificial show of camaraderie or a celebration of some irrelevant date on the calendar. I have far more important things to do. But, since both you and Koya are being annoyingly persistent...fine."

She grabs her cloak and looks at Jariah pointedly, "Let's go."

On their way out, she grabs a smaller, slimmer book, "But, not without this."

G

Guest 11456

Ameiko2.jpg

As each of you arrives a barmaid shows you to a table that appears to already be prepared for you. There are eight chairs set around the table as well as eight place settings. Those familiar with the Rusty Dragon know that it caters to adventure types and thus companions such as eidolons and animals are welcome as long as they behave themselves. That of course goes for all the patrons.

Once the noon hour arrives a sumptuous meal is placed on the table of roast boar with steamed vegetables. As always the meat and vegetables are well spiced and the meat is succulent. Ale is brought out for each of you as well as fruits, nuts and berries in separate containers. Towards the end of the meal you notice Ameiko, who had been absent until now, speaking with Sheriff Hemlock to one side of the room. The discussion seems heated for a while. But then Ameiko gestures to the sacks she is carrying and the sheriff seems satisfied. The sheriff leaves and Ameiko comes over to your table taking the eighth seat and placing several sacks on the table before her.

Ameiko begins, “My friends! I am so glad you could make it. There is good news. Sheriff Belor Hemlock has restored Sandpoint’s old ‘goblin bounty’ after several years of inactivity.” You all know about the suspension of the bounty when a group of eager but too-young adventurers were swept out to sea while in pursuit of goblin ears. “The town of Sandpoint will pay ten gold pieces for every relatively fresh goblin ear delivered to the town hall. Additionally a reward of three hundred gold pieces will be awarded to the group who can bring in the head of the Licktoads’ leader, Chief Gutwad.” She pauses for a swig of ale and to allow the news to sink in. “I have convinced the good sheriff that the seven of you would be perfect to finally put an end to the Licktoads once and for all. Well, actually the nine of you. We cannot forget Jakira and Nairo after all.” She nods to Jakira and looks around before asking, “…and where is Nairo? Keeping watch outside no doubt.” She gestures as if flying with her arms. “What say you? Ready for a bit of adventure? I am confident that you are ready.”
Ameiko waits for your responses.

[sblock=OOC]While eating your meal, other patrons are in the Rusty Dragon and gossip is flowing. Anyone wishing to may make a perception check to see if they hear anything interesting.[/sblock]

Remove ads