Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

jkason

First Post
Wireth sighs, then pulls Jariah aside.

"Whatever the truth of it is, it seems pretty clear to me the bald human's got it in his head that we all go or none of us do. If we want to do business around Sandpoint after this little trip, it's probably best to stay on his good side. Spirits know I get enough funny looks wandering around in a human town without being on the sheriff's blacklist. Let's just lock up the rats and go with the others in the morning. I'm not sure this is a fight we win so much as a bridge burning."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

~ Just Outside of Sandpoint ~

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

“Thank you for your time, Sheriff.”

Jariah looked at Wireth. If the other adventurer disappearing into the swamp was common knowledge, it was the first she had heard about it. “Obviously, the knowledge of others missing is not that common. I have heard of no such rumors. Have you?”

Based on what Ameiko had said, the Sheriff and his men were indeed patrolling the road. And the directions they were given were to take that same road in the beginning to find the Warden’s home.

The summoner was not really deterred, “I don't the Sheriff cares either way, so i would not worry about a blacklist. It is only a short trip, I am still planning to go. If the Sheriff is doing his job, the goblins are probably staying away from the Lost Coast Road. But if trouble comes we can run from it.”

Jakira scoffed, “I’m not scarred. Not rrrunnin’. HA, they can’t kill me.”

Jariah nodded and looked to half-orc. “He is right. If they did manage to wound him enough, he is only banished. If that happened, I could summon up to seven more creatures to increase our numbers. Shall we?”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

"What?!" protested Fastus, busy clearing the stream of spell-induced tears from his eyes. "But I didn’t' get to DO anything!" What kind of practice was that?

He turned to Elsbeth, which he could sort of see at this point (although technically she was a blotch of runny neon blue studded with flashing little suns): "Give me another chance, Elli." Followed by a pause as his vision cleared even further and he was able to actually fully focus on her face... "Uh... How about no spells this time though?" he proposed, looking a bit sheepish.

"I'm really sorry Fastus. I hope you're okay. All I have with me is my dagger. It's not much of a weapon against you but I will spar with you on one condition. Let me cast a defensive spell first."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I'm really sorry Fastus,"
she began, and he thought for sure he wasn't getting his practice match after all... But it turned out she wasn't finished!

"I hope you're okay. All I have with me is my dagger. It's not much of a weapon against you but I will spar with you on one condition. Let me cast a defensive spell first."
"Uh? Oh sure." He watched her cast it, curious... "Do I get one too?"

Whatever turns out to be the case, he then quickly resumed his interrupted search for a proper mace-stick in the underbrush, hurriedly diving this way and that just in case she changed her mind if he kept her waiting too long or something...

"Hey, what's this...?! Elli, you still want a rapier instead of a dagger?" He shouted back excitedly, pointing to a bunch of whippy willow branches, still green of this year.

jkason

First Post
Wireth sighs, then shrugs.

"Why not? Suppose it's better to find out sooner than later if the whole bloody town's surrounded."

He sends Nairo high to keep an eye out from above, then pulls the large, double-bladed axe from its place strapped to his back.

"A body needs a good walking stick on a hike," he says with a wink, ready to follow the human.

G

Guest 11456

Jariah, Wireth, Jakira & Nairo

The small group travels about seven or eight hundred feet before descending a slope into the Brinestump Marsh. As Nairo takes to the skies it is immediately obvious that, although he has a seemingly good vantage point from above, there are many parts of the swamp that are so dense that spotting any trouble would be difficult. The trip to the warden’s house is uneventful. The group travels along the trail and make fairly good time. The path twists and turns as it goes. Along the way they must cross three bridges that span the waterways. Each bridge is made of moss covered soggy wood with the occasional plank missing. Although they look treacherous upon first glance, each one ends up being quite sturdy and safe to pass. After just over half an hour of travel they arrive at the end of the muddy trail that stops at a swampy lagoon. The open ocean is visible just beyond these shallow waters, while an old two-story building, its walls soggy with moss and its roof sagging with age, sits on the lagoon’s eastern shore.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

~ In the swamp ~

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah cupped her hands and called out towards the building, “Hullo!... Anyone home?”

She did not make a move to approach immediately, not wanting to appear threatening should the Warden be hostile to trespassers before learning their peaceful intentions.

She commented to Wireth, “It is about what I expected. Do you suppose he is home?”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock] [sblock=OOC Question]The 2-story building is on the same side of the lagoon as the end of the trail, correct? I am assuming that we don’t have to swim or wade to reach it. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Wireth surveys the immediate area, a quick whistle bringing Nairo back down to a nearby branch, then considers the building, then laughs dryly.

"With my luck, he went into town shopping and we walked away from him, but you seem luckier than me, so here's hoping," he says, waiting to see if the warden responds to Jariah's call.

G

Guest 11456

Jariah, Wireth, Jakira & Nairo

You wait for a few moments but your calls do not bring any responses. It would appear that no one is at home, presently.

[sblock=OOC Answer]Correct.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Wireth shrugs. "Well, he's not peppering us with arrows, at least."

He approaches and knocks on the door, wondering if Jariah's voice simply didn't carry.

[sblock=If no one answers]

Wireth provides another shrug.

"Take the trek back, then? Or did you want to camp out on the doorstep?"[/sblock]

[sblock=If someone does open the door]

"We're here to see the warden?"[/sblock]

Remove ads