Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Analisse immersed herself in the smaller book while nibbling at the meal, offering only an occasional acknowledgement to anyone talking to her.

She looks up when Ameiko arrives and sets aside her book as she speaks. When she's done, she rolls her eyes and picks her book back up.

"Gold hardly interests me and murdering goblins interests me even less. I should think you could acquire a few thugs from the town jail for such a task. Unless there's some other motivation, knowledge of some sort perhaps, then I must respectfully decline."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well I'll do it!" Sachiko proclaimed, somehow finding time to talk between huge bites of boar pork and swigs of ale. She ate voraciously; enough for a girl twice her size. She jabbed a juice-drippy finger at Ameiko, splashing a few droplots onto Analisse's book in the process.

"You've got the sneaky look in your eyes," she said with a grin. "What're you up to?" Suddenly her eyes opened comically wide and she stood up. "Are the goblins massing again? That's it, isn't it?! They're going to attack, and you want us to HIT 'EM FIRST!"

Sachiko smacked her fist into her palm and nodded.

"That's good strategy! I suggest dropping toads from kites first! They'll be so distracted with licking them that we can roll in without any trouble!"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"It's obvious, isn't it?" Sachiko observes in reply to the blacksmith. She gives him one of her trademark grins...mouth closed, eyes closed...she looks insufferably smug, as if she knew the ending to the book you'd just started, and couldnt' wait to see your face when you found out. "She wants to apologize! That's why she's buying lunch, of course...though she OWNS the inn, she could just let us eat there whenever we wanted. That's what I'd do if I owned an inn."
"Shouldn't that be the other way around?" counters Fastus with a shake of his long, crazy-wavy hair, still grumpy. "You should be apologizing to her, shouldn't you...? Or did I lose track of the count since last week's incident?" That's always a possibility with those two, of course... "And *I* already eat there for free," he can't help pointing out with an exaggeratedly pleased smile, puffing out his muscled chest.

OOC: Part of his Favored Son benefits. :)

As each of you arrives a barmaid shows you to a table that appears to already be prepared for you. There are eight chairs set around the table as well as eight place settings.
"COMPLETELY MISLEADING!" whisper-shouts Fastus at the ceiling when he spots the number of place settings from afar, shaking both fists in the air as he does so. Then he drops down into a chair with a sigh and has a look around at the others present...

"Oh, hey. Good day to you Suldrel," he says with an uncharacteristically polite nod, straightening up a bit with newfound interest as he spots Sachiko's big brother. "You're part of this too?"

(A reproachful look is fired Sachiko's way when nobody else is looking too close though: she didn't say a word!)

"I suggest dropping toads from kites first! They'll be so distracted with licking them that we can roll in without any trouble!"

"Uh..." is Fastus' brilliant reply to Ameiko's proposal. Then: "Nevermind the fancy strategies, Sachi." It's not like they'll be needing them against goblins, is it? Instead he looks pleadingly at the bard of his dreams: "So you won't be coming along?!"

Even he can do basic math when he has to.

OOC: Listening for rumours: 1d20-1=10
Know (Local) on any recent goblin activities/goblin-related tales, please: 1d20+5=23

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"Well I'll do it!" Sachiko proclaimed, somehow finding time to talk between huge bites of boar pork and swigs of ale. She ate voraciously; enough for a girl twice her size. She jabbed a juice-drippy finger at Ameiko, splashing a few droplots onto Analisse's book in the process.

"You've got the sneaky look in your eyes," she said with a grin. "What're you up to?" Suddenly her eyes opened comically wide and she stood up. "Are the goblins massing again? That's it, isn't it?! They're going to attack, and you want us to HIT 'EM FIRST!"

Sachiko smacked her fist into her palm and nodded.

"That's good strategy! I suggest dropping toads from kites first! They'll be so distracted with licking them that we can roll in without any trouble!"

Analisse moves her book with annoyance, then replies, "Don't be ridiculous. The name obviously derives from the psychoactive properties of the skin secretions present in certain species of toad. Most likely the goblins experience hallucinations and derive some sort of religious significance from them. You can't just give them any toad and expect them to take the bait. They are, despite prejudices to the contrary, rather intelligent."

Kaodi

Hero
Suldrel confers with the bartender to find a safe spot to stow his goods before heading over to the table. The elf raises his palm in greeting in response to Fastus', but he gives a glance around and just shrugs his shoulders in response to the question before sitting down.

Suldrel listens quietly to Ameiko's proposal with elbows on the table and hands folded in front of his mouth, gazing absently at the empty serving dishes. Before the goblins had attacked Sandpoint he had only given them as much thought as Shalelu cared to share from her patrols. Afterwards he took more care, but still they were a relatively minor threat compared to what he had lived with in Iceworn Hills. Before he can say anything though Sachiko has given her enthusiastic endorsement of the plan, and thus his participation has now been assured.

"Sachiko has, naturally, decided for me," he says just a bit glumly and with a glance and a nod to his younger sister. "Otherwise I might not be quite so disposed to worry more than I do about the comings and goings of goblins. But I suppose my elder sibling has done her part over the years and perhaps it is just as well that I step up too."

OOC: Perception: 1d20+8=9

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Fastus Knowledge Local]There have been reports that the Licktoad goblins of Brinestump Marsh have grown unusually aggressive. The goblins have somehow managed to arm themselves with what appears to be a considerable supply of fireworks. These fireworks have made them uncharacteristically and dangerously brave.

Several merchant caravans and travelers have been attacked so far, and according to the victims, the damage caused by horses panicking at the sight and sound of exploding pyrotechnics is almost as destructive as the goblin attacks themselves. With the last few attacks resulting in severe injuries to three unfortunate travelers, the problem has escalated from an annoyance to a threat. However, as none of the attacks have yet inconvenienced Magnimar, the city has been slow to react. Unwilling to idly sit by and wait for the goblin problem to escalate to actual deaths on the Lost Coast Road in order to attract Magnimar’s attention, Sandpoint’s leaders have put out the call for goblin exterminators.

Always running at a lean enrollment, Sandpoint’s city watch can’t afford to send patrols into the trackless expanse of Brinestump, although they have stepped up their presence along the Lost Coast Road itself. The task of wading into the notorious local wetland falls instead to adventurers. A few adventurers have already made the attempt, but nothing has been heard of them in the three days since they entered Brinestump Marsh, and just last night, another round of colorful explosions burst over the wetlands south of Sandpoint. The goblins are doubtless readying a new attack and it is thought that a larger group might stand a better chance.[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth had chatted with her friends Fastus and Sachiko on the way to the Inn. She had less time to visit with them now that she was a nanny. It was fun to chat and catch up with them.

Upon arriving at the Rusty Dragon, Elsbeth greeted the barmaid. She didn't know the young woman very well, only in passing. They were quickly seated and massive amounts of food was soon brought to the table. Elsbeth ate only a small amount, not wanting to gain too much weight. Since she had left her adopted family, she had put on several pounds. She still attracted a fair amount of attention from the men though. Sachiko often reminded her that Elsbeth had put on curves in all the right places, which never failed to make her blush.

Soon after the meal, Ameiko came to the table and explained about the bounty on Goblins. While she had no personal reason to go kill goblins, if Ameiko thought it was a good way to help keep the town safe, then she would do what she could to help.

"I'm not sure I understand. The Goblins have not attacked the town in some time, yet we are to go find them and kill them? If you think this is the best way to keep everyone in the town safe, then I will help."

Sachiko's response was a bit theatrical but that was to be expected with her.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Something clicks in Fastus' head: "Oh, it's the whole fireworks thing, isn't it?" He leans closer to Sachiko and Elsbeth, "They've been using the things to spook the caravan horses something fierce, I hear. (I heard from one of the caravaneers me and my Da worked for: THREE new rims!)" He holds up that many fingers.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah was casually eating at some fruit and listened to the discussion about goblins. She had been staying around Sandpoint and looking after Koya lest the older woman come down with the itch to see faraway lands. Hunting some goblins would be a way to pass the time.

She commented, “Well, the goblins have always been a problem for the caravans coming in and out of Sandpoint. Ameiko, I assume you are going to tell us why you volunteered us.”

Jakira was gnawing on a leg of mutton, almost like a dog, trying to get the last of the meat still attached. He perked up as he heard his mistress talk and sensed her mood. He thought the idea of chomping goblins a great idea.

“Goblin huntin’! Grrreat idea! I wanna go!”

“Do goblins taste gud? Do half chewed earrrs count?"

"I’ll take yarrr earrrs if ya donna want ‘em, Lisse.”
Jakira said to Analisse as he licked his chops.

Clearly the feline eidolon was excited.

[sblock=Rolls]Jariah: Perception (1d20+6=12), Knowledge Local (1d20+1=14)
Jakira: Perception (1d20+4=15), Knowledge Local (1d20-2=8)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"I’ll take yarrr earrrs if ya donna want ‘em, Lisse.” Jakira said to Analisse as he licked his chops.

Analisse muttered, "Well, at least they would be serving a purpose at that point." She promptly sits on the floor next to Jakira, "I have been meaning to ask you, do you actually require physical food or is it part of the emulation of a living creature? What is your physical substance composed of? Summoned matter and energy or conjured ethereal materials?"

Remove ads