Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I just have one question," she says, evidently not sharing Fastus' concerns. "Are you coming too?"
"She said she wasn't, Sachi," patiently reminded the blacksmith by her side. "She's got other, burningly hot, super secret matters to attend to, she said," with a slightly-teasing, sidelong glance Ameiko's way.

She took their share of the potions (2) and put them into a belt pouch.
Fastus frowned at her thunderously, hand halfway extended towards the potions himself, obviously not sure having a pet rated a full share of potion... Then he shrugged and grabbed up three(3) himself before politely handing one to Sachiko and then two to Elsbeth, keeping none for himself.

"One each, that's fair right?"

Jariah took her cue from Ameiko and said, "Let us consult Master Proudstump first, prior to making any plans. But trying to assault or invade the Licktoads' lair directly might not be a good idea at first. Probably better to lure some of their patrols or raiders into an ambush or two instead."
"Pussy-footing around," was the young blacksmith's judgment, accompanied by a small, half-playful blow of fading steam into the air. "If we're going to be ambushing, we should ambush the caravan ambushers! That'd be a lesson to them!" He didn't really care either way though: "So see you all here tomorrow morning first light, right?"

Already halfway out of his chair.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko sighed and idly played with her potion bottle, setting it spinning on the table and grabbing it up again before it could tip over. It sounded like a fun adventure, it was just too bad all three of them wouldn't be going.

She squared her shoulders then and focused on the job at hand. "So! We go to Walthus, he tells us where the goblins are, we go there and driiiiiiiive them away, killing their leader, then come back here and get lots of gold..."

"Sounds good!"

[sblock=OOC]Hee hee, it's a good thing I decided Sachiko would be flakey, cuz her player sure as heck is sometimes. :blush:[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Suldrel sighs and rubs above his brow with his right hand. "I wish you would not be so cavalier about this," he says to Sachiko, but loud enough it is clear it is intended for everyone else. "I accept that you are eager when I am not, but goblins, despite their stature, are still wily and dangerous. Seven of us, plus that, um," and with a pointed glance at Jakira, "...thing, should be sufficient to succeed in the task, but if we do not keep our wits about us we might not all make it back."

Pushing his chair back he stands up and adds, "I do not know how many of you have ever killed something that can talk back to you but I suggest you take this time to mentally prepare yourself for that as well. To end even the most wicked life can affect you deeply. Best be ready."

With that he heads over to where he stored his goods earlier and gathers them up, then as he passes Ameiko the elf says, "Thank you very much for your hospitality," with a polite nod and shoots Sachiko a questioning glance, moving his eyes to indicate the direction of the door.

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh Suldrel," Sachiko chided her brother with a grin. "Relax. I always have my wits about me. Wits to spare!"

She caught his meaningful look at the door and rolled her eyes, then said to Ameiko, "Anyway, it was nice seeing you again. You should leave the inn more often though. We miss you out there."

With that she popped up to her feet and grabbed a last hunk of bread, using it to sop up some of the juice from the meat. "As for the rest of you...see you tomorrow!"

"Oh, and Jakira? You will never have my toads. They're mine, all mine! Suldrel! Race to the door! Go!"

She took off like a bat out of an unpleasantly warm afterlife and cackled as she reached the door.

"Beat you!"

And then she was gone.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Analisse sighs heavily and gathers her book, saying to Ameiko, "I'm not normally the voice of pessimism but I don't believe the individuals you've gathered are sufficiently prepared for this task, myself included."

Kaodi

Hero
With a small groan Suldrel hurries after Sachiko as best he can with the groceries he had rather not drop or spill. To his mind they have a lot of preparing to do before starting out on the morrow. The elf hopes as well his employer will take the news of, 'Hey, I am not coming into work today, or tomorrow, or the next day,' well enough when seasoned with, 'No more goblins nabbing the chickens or gutting the foals.'

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth sat and listened to the others voice their opinions. Suldrel was right about one thing. She had never killed anything more than insects, vermin or farm animals. Would she be able to kill goblins? That was a question she did not have an answer for. She hoped that when the time came, she would be up to the task in order to save others. Her own parents had been killed while traveling. She owed it to them to try to prevent that from happening to others.

"I don't know if I will be able to kill when the time comes. I have never been in a situation like that. Until I am, I will be unable to answer that question." she directed at Suldrel.

She continued to sit while the others started to leave. If she was going to be useful on this expedition, she would need to be confident. Doubt had no place in the wilds. From what she had heard from the patrons of the tavern, doubt and hesitation usually got people killed.

After a few more minutes, she left the tavern after thanking Ameiko for her hospitality. She quickly made her way back to her employer's home. Once there, she explained the task giver her and the others by Ameiko.
Mr. Sterran was understanding and wished her a safe journey. He told Elsbeth that he had spoken with Ameiko earlier and that she had explained then purpose of the lunch meeting. He told Elsbeth that he had already made arrangements to have someone watch the children while she was gone. He then gave her a list of errands to run in town.

Elsbeth gladly took the list and headed off.

G

Guest 11456

"Once you get to the swamp no more than an hour I would think. It will take you less than half an hour to get to the swamp."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jakira was about to object to being called a thing, but half of the gathering had enthusiastically taken off without waiting for the answer to his mistress's question. He looked at Analisse and Wireth, "I be rrready rrright now."

Jariah had to agree, she had not seen any reason to delay in seeing the self-appointed warden. Turning to the remaining three (she counts Jakira as a person and not a pet), she said, "I actually have nothing else better to do with my afternoon. A few hours to see the halfling Proudstump today might be helpful before starting out on the expedition on the morrow."

"Where can we get some mice, Ameiko? Or anything else a pet snake might want."

Jakira looked disgusted and asked, "Why do ya wanna food furrr snakes? Blech! I donna wanna pet snake."

The summoner smiled and replied, "Oh, we are not getting snakes. But Master Proudstump has some and if we bring him a snack for his pets, then we start off on the right foot."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Analisse frowns, "Oh no, not me. I intend to spend the rest of the afternoon studying. A knowledge of the history of this area and the goblins in particular will prove useful, no doubt. There is no need to rush into things unprepared. This Proudstump fellow will still be there tomorrow."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases