Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
At market Fastus semi-randomly grabbed a one pound block of sealing wax ("Look, I can melt my finger right through!"), a couple of fishhooks (and a tough pull-line to go with them, "Feel that? It's actual trollgut, he says! And there's got to be some interesting fish in that swamp, right?" A frown. "Probably just plain catgut though...") and fell in love with a watertight tin scrollcase -- not that he had a clear idea what to keep in it exactly ("Well, we can keep the fish alive in there or something... Or maybe the goblin ears? You could freeze them, Elli and I'll keep them in here forever?").

Then his eyes fell on a woodsman idly carving a simple whistle out of Elder Wood and he got a bit more serious...

[sblock=Bought so far]Sealing Wax (1 gp, 1#, satchel)
Fishhooks and 'Trollgut' Line (1 gp, 0#, pouch)
Watertight Tin Scrollcase (1 gp, 0.5#, belt)

17 gp left.[/sblock]
OOC: Tailspinner: While he's at it, Fastus will talk to every marchant they meet, please, using Diplomacy to gather any tales about past goblin fights (mainly looking for tactics to fight them and/or to avoid, things to look out for, that sort of thing): if he can take 10, he will for a 16, else 1d20+6=11.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
As Fastus buys his trinkets, his ears twitch. A familiar, high pitched voice is easy to pick out across the market square.

"...no, I don't want the one with ribbons. We're going to the swamp and they'll be too bright and attract bugs, and then they'll get muddy."

The merchant she was talking to; one of the traveling ones with a cart, was quick to point out, "A little color would be just the thing to lift spirits though, and once they get muddy they won't be so bright anymore."

Sachiko was turning a ludicrous fur-lined hat with big flaps over the ears around in her hands. The ludicrous part, aside from being the utterly wrong season for something like that, was the curtain of bright red ribbons that hung from the back of it. She pursed her lips thoughtfully.

"But isn't it harder to cope with the loss of color if you've already had it, and then it's gone? It might be kinder just not to have it in the first place."

The merchant put his hand sanctimoniously over his heart. "It feels like that sometimes, but I believe you are not someone who denies herself great experiences just because they may one day end. What kind of life is that?"

She idly batted at the ribbons, like a kitten in human form, then nodded. "Well he did say to spend it on essentials...and that does seem like an essential life lesson... All right, I'll...Fastus!"

The idiotic hat went back on the merchant's display and Sachiko went running over towards the blacksmith and his companion, a sunny-bright smile on her face.

"Hey! I came here to buy things with Suldrel's money! He even GAVE it to me this time! Also we're going to fight, you should both show up to see that!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Mouse Hunting]You are not planning to run a mini-game for 20 rounds while everyone else waited around, were you? That would take a long time in PbP.

What about using grapple CMD? That would be so much easier than trying to make non-lethal attacks with the -4 penalty. What about Aid Another, since Jariah was not going to actually try catching the mice herself with a cat in company?

I suppose if you want us to roll it all out we can, but I was expecting NPC interaction instead of a bunch of dice rolling for the scene. That being said, I am totaling fine if you want to keep it simple and roll on 1d6 dice for the number of mice we can capture in the 1-2 hours.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

The young blacksmith almost immediately relaxed from his automatic tense: Sachiko didn't usually give you a lot of warning when 'they were going to fight', but she apparently meant somebody else this time.

He worked out in his head what *that* meant exactly... And then:

"Hey, we want in on the expert training too! Right Elli?" No fair otherwise... A widening smile, "You think he'd be able to take us all on at the same time?"

She had obviously thrown him off his impending serious mood.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Psh." Sachiko gave Fastus a playful little shove in his chest. "Get in line, Scruffy. Lets see if he can beat any ONE of us before we gang up on him."

She nodded at Elsbeth amiably, then got a wicked grin. "You two are sure together a lot these days. Anything you want to...confess?"

G

Guest 11456

OOC: Tailspinner: While he's at it, Fastus will talk to every marchant they meet, please, using Diplomacy to gather any tales about past goblin fights (mainly looking for tactics to fight them and/or to avoid, things to look out for, that sort of thing): if he can take 10, he will for a 16, else 1d20+6=11.

While there seems to be many varied thoughts on goblin attacks, you get the idea that most of the people you talk to have never actually seen a goblin. Of the few that seem credible none seem to have any tactics other then "run for your life".

Binder Fred

"Psh." Sachiko gave Fastus a playful little shove in his chest. "Get in line, Scruffy. Lets see if he can beat any ONE of us before we gang up on him."
He gave way just a little, so she wouldn't bruise her fingers on his indomitable pecs.

"Um. Yeah..." Sachiko had very optimistic views on their past record -- his at least. (And maybe Suldrel couldn't beat them all at once. And that'd make it his first win! But then again, maybe Suldrel could! And that would be three times as awesome!) "I call seconds! Elsbeth'll be our closer."

She nodded at Elsbeth amiably, then got a wicked grin. "You two are sure together a lot these days. Anything you want to...confess?"
To make matters worse, Fastus just looked on from the side with an amused smile on his lips...

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry. Running a bit behind, though it seems like the mouse hunting stuff is still up in the air anyway, so this is just me saying: I'm here, lemme know what you need from me when the time comes. :) [/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Jariah, Wireth, Jakira & Nairo

As Jariah and Wireth along with Jakira and Nairo approach Gurney’s Mill they see old man Willis outside. Oddly enough the mill has been run by the Willis family since you can remember. You have never even known a Gurney family ever. As the small group approaches closer to the mill, old man Willis waves you away. "Get outa here you wizards! You already grabbed all the good cats last time you wuz here. All we got left are the dumb ones. Nothin' for you to get." It would appear that old man Willis has you confused with someone else.

Remove ads