Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"You've struck her dumb," he observed with wholly deserved admiration after a beat. "It MUST be true then... And I AM irresistible, aren't I?"

Fastus flexed the muscles in his right arm...

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

"Um. Yeah..." Sachiko had very optimistic views on their past record -- his at least. (And maybe Suldrel couldn't beat them all at once. And that'd make it his first win! But then again, maybe Suldrel could! And that would be three times as awesome!) "I call seconds! Elsbeth'll be our closer."

To make matters worse, Fastus just looked on from the side with an amused smile on his lips...

Elsbeth wasn't sure if she could actually fight someone, at least not without using magic. Sure, Ameiko had provided some training with a dagger and other common weapons. If an emergency, she figured she could defend herself.

Then when Sachiko suggested a possible relationship between her and Fastus, well, that made her blush a little. She was still uncomfortable thinking about such things. Still, Fastus wasn't bad looking, actually kind of cute. Elsbeth had never really thought of him that way. He was more like a brother or a good friend. Damn Sachiko for planting such ideas in her head.

"Um, yeah, a little training wouldn't hurt, much. Probably a good idea before we find the goblins."

Elsbeth glanced sideways at Fastus and risked looking at him differently. She tried not to make it too obvious as she looked at him as possibly more than just a friend.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Worse, Fastus noticed *something*. At least his expression suddenly changed, got less joky, more frowny. "Uh...?" (Bless him, but introspection wasn't usually a big part of his repertoire).

He DID see that his pose wasn't having the desired effect though and dropped that to experimentally nudge her arm instead: "We're just kidding, Elli. Don't take everything so burning serious all the time, alright?" (Because that's what he would usually have said...)

OOC: Nice post Graybeard. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko gave Elsbeth a wink, then said, "Anyway! My brother gave me money to buy essentials for our journey with, and I was just getting started. The swamp's going to be dreary, so I was thinking something to cheer us up would be good."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

~ Gurney's Mill ~

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah glanced at Wireth with an arched eyebrow, and then looked behind her to see if Analisse followed them. Not seeing the female mage, she turned back to the old man with her mouth open and ready to reply.

Jakira spoke up first though, “Who’s a dumb cat? I’m not a dumb cat!”

The summoner’s tone was flat as she added wryly under her breath, “And I am not a wizard.” But, Jariah was not going to get into splitting fine hairs about the differences in the arcane arts.

She forced herself to smile as she addressed the old man, “As you can see we have our own cat. One that is smarter than other and can talk as well.”

“We have come to see if you need any help catching mice in the mill.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Wireth Norin, half-orc falconer

"Nairo doesn't like little cats, anyway," Wireth adds, gesturing to where the large turkey vulture winds his way down toward them. "Like the lady said, though: if you're short on cats, you're likely long on mice. Which we happen to be looking for. Sounds like we can help each other out?"

G

Guest 11456

Gurney's Mill

Hearing Jakira's, Jariah's and Wireth's replies makes the old man's features soften. "Sorry about the wizards reference. It just seems that whenever we get a good mouser, along comes a wizard to wisk her away. We just got one halfway descent kitten a few months back and she just recently started huntin'. All the others are worthless. If you be wantin' to hunt for mice, that'd be great. Just don't get in the way of the workers." With that the old man stands aside to allows entrance into the mill. "If'n you catch any, take them away from here. Darn vermin."

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth did her best to cover up her "look" at Fastus. She was confused by all of this. First Sachiko suggested a relationship between Fastus and herself. Then Fastus said they were just kidding. One of these days she hoped she would be able to figure this stuff out. For now, they were here for shopping.

"Something to cheer us up Sachiko? What do you have in mind? What could possibly brighten up a swamp?"

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko stroked her chin as if she had a beard. A narrow little goatee beard.

"Music?" she guessed. "A dog trained to do tricks? No wait, the goblins would just kill it...they hate dogs..."

She shrugged and waved a hand around. "Instead of asking and guessing, lets go look around and see!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

~ Gurney's Mill ~

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah smiled and thanked the old man.

Jakira hesitated and remembered that Fastus indicated they would reward them for hunting the mice, he was about to ask for payment, “Surrre, we can help ya forrr-” when a sharp jerk on his tail and a mental rebuke cut him off.

The eidolon started mentally complaining to his mistress as they entered the mill.

Jariah didn’t appear to entertain the sulking feline’s arguments and suggested, “So, we need to capture the mice instead of killing them. I do not know how many snakes the warden has, but a handful would be nice offering I should think. Any extra and our friends can have a snack themselves, Wireth.”

The news of being able to eat the extra mice brightened Jakira’s mood quickly.

“We can work in pairs, each of us spotting for our companions.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce