[IC] KoboldQuest: Reptiles on the Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyh

First Post
Here begins the tale inspired by this thread. Characters can be found here, and this is the OOC thread.

Westgate, the Dragon Coast, 12 Flamerule, 1372 DR - A large group of kobolds is hudled around a table in the corner of the Muddy Seaman Inn. Though they did not all arrive together, the crowded common room forced them to the same table.

Xed, Drake, Overkrilliak, Pok, and Darakik are carrying on, discussing their recent departure from their tribe, the Ruby Scale Band, based a tenday's travel from Westgate.

Kurt and T'Ritik, though obviously not together, were just as obviously not with the rest of the kobolds. Still, they tried to make the best of their accomodations, and they seemed to have some things in common.

As the large group conversed, a human man in robes approached the table.

"Good evening, my draconian friends," the man said, "I was hoping you might be able to help me. My name is Brother Lorros, and I am a Namer..."

"I see some of you do not understand that last bit," Brother Lorros paused. "It means I am a servent of Oghma, the Lord of Knowledge."

"In any case," he continued, "there is someting strange going on in Westgate that I have noticed, and we Namers are not prepared to look into it. W eare few here, in Westgate, and in any case, we are not militant. None would suspect you of aiding us, and that too would be an advantage."

"Will you hear my dilemma, friends?"

Serpenteye

First Post
"Greetings, my mammalian friend," Darakik answers the human in a slightly mocking tone.
"As long as the advantage is mutual, friend, we may be willing to aid you. But first you must tell us what it is you would have us do."

________

OOC: What was our reason for leaving the tribe? Did we have a quest from our chieftain, or some other task to complete?

garyh

First Post
Serpenteye said:
OOC: What was our reason for leaving the tribe? Did we have a quest from our chieftain, or some other task to complete?

OOC: Several of you have reasons for leaving the tribe in your backstories. For those who didn't, you could have just tagged along with the others, or you could create one and add it to your RG post. It was the easiest way to assemble you all.

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post
Pok sunk down in his chair, pulling away from the human and trying to look as small as possible. Those bigger races were scary - especially the ones without scales! They always wanted to stick him with swords or squash him with hammers - even when Pok didn't do anything! Even drow were better than that - they usually just ignored him. Usually.

Human-talk didn't make any sense to Pok, so he made up what he guessed the human might be saying while busying himself with looking harmless...

"Helloooo, yucky beasts! I am the great human man - "

No, wait! Was this a male or female? Pok always mixed them up. Hmm...

"I am the great human woman-Lord! Everything here is mine! You won't get any of my great treasures!" the voice boomed in Pok's mind. The human paused and looked funny at each of them, while Pok made pitiful looks back, searching sneakily with his eyes for any of those treasures that might be hidden among the figure's voluminous robes.

"Well, I'm verrrry hungry. I think I'll have one of you for dinner! Oh, but which one?! Kobolds are so very tasty. I like to cook them in my pot and feed them to my male and my eggs! Which one of you shall I eat??!"

One of Pok's clanmates spoke back to the human. "Oh, you should eat Pok - he's very tasty and he likes to be dinner!"

Pok slid deeper into his chair, shaking a little with fear.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Xed whispered something to his raven, which screeched back something that could be heard as a draconic "yes". Xed then turned back to the others and, speaking quietly, said in common:"We agree with Darakik. We want something in return, but tell us first."

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Drake stands and extends hid claw to the human. In very thickly accented voice says Greetings Namer Lorros. I am Drake. Unlike my other clansmen I would be interested in what is happening and why it concerns the servents of the God of Knowledge? Drake had just finished shining his copper and brass scales so they shimmer in the torch light.

Krizzel

First Post
Pok nearly fell out of his chair as he twitched in surprise at the raven's sudden noise. His yellow eyes grew round and large, seeming to swallow up the whole of his maroon-scaled face and threatening to do the same to the rest of his tiny body, while he gripped the arms of the too-big chair tightly. That sounded suspiciously like a crowing "yes!" Even the bird wanted to be rid of Pok, maybe even to join in on the human's feasting!

Pok hated his clan elders. They always did mean things to him - like sending him on this mission, with these other strange kobolds of his clan who he didn't quite know. They were too important for someone in his lowly position to have met, but he was sure they didn't like him. No one did. If Pok wasn't so good at finding goblin's traps - or at stealing their shiny's - then surely he would have been skewered and roasted a long time ago.

What was this mission even for? No one bothered to tell Pok. Only 'Go with them!' 'Do what they say!' And if he didn't they'd send the bullies after him. If only Pok was strong than those nasty goblins and dwarves - then he wouldn't need the clan! Then he could roast them!

Wait! Everyone was looking at him, and one of the others was also saying something in the human-speak - and then another! He was agreeing too! Ahh!

"Don't look at Pok," Pok whimpered pitifully, shuffling down into his chair again, trying to pull his rags up about his neck. Maybe he could hide inside...

OOC: :)

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
Kurt Rides up on Kratsch to meet the human.
In Coomon)
Greetings human! A good and wise God you serve indeed! Do not hesitate to ask us what you want. There is always need for a task that needs to be done. Maybe my collegues here will need some persuading in the form goods, I will not need such trifle matters.

May The combined wisdon of Bahamut and Oghma guide us!

Kurt sits in his saddle and looks around the his fellow kobolds, when he sees Pok, he mounts off, and steps toward him.
(In Draconic)
Calm down little one, the human doesn't want to hurt us. You can consider him a friend, he considers you his friend as well. He even wants to give us a mission, which can only be good.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
[OOC: Dude... your riding your lizard in the middle of a tavern. WOW! That sounded a lot dirtier than I wanted.]
Drake looks at his friend Kurt and says As you can see there are those among us who will help just because the help is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads