Pathfinder Legends Audiobooks from Big Finish

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Pathfinder Legends is coming soon to Big Finish - the same company which produces the awesome Doctor Who audiobooks. You can pre-order them in CD or digital format. The first, Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings, is due this month, with another coming every other month thereafter, taking us up to January 2015.
Sandpoint. An ordinary town on the Lost Coast of Varisia. When Ezren, Merisiel, Valeros and Harsk arrive, seeking rest from their adventures, it seems the town’s annual Swallowtail Festival will give them what they need – until goblins attack during a ceremony to consecrate the town’s rebuilt church.

After defending Sandpoint, the adventurers discover a sinister plot to return an ancient evil to Varisia. Can they discover the sinister connection between the goblin attack and the removal of mortal remains from a crypt in the town’s graveyard?

This is just the beginning of a new quest for the iconic Pathfinder characters Ezren, Merisiel, Valeros and Harsk. The Rise of the Runelords begins with burnt offerings – and only four heroes stand against it.

Written By: Mark Wright
Directed By: John Ainsworth

Cast: Trevor Littledale (Ezren), Ian Brooker (Harsk), Stewart Alexander (Valeros), Kerry Skinner (Merisiel), Yuriri Naka (Ameiko), Toby Longworth (Hemlock), Kevin Shen (Tsuto), Katarina Olsson (Nualia), Duncan Wisbey (Foxglove), Helen Goldwyn (Deverin), Sunny Ormonde (Townswoman)

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I pointed this out in the Pathfinder thread, but no one seems to have taken much notice.

Love most of BFP's work. Haven't heard it all--some things were discontinued before I discovered them, and they've greatly expanded in the last 5 years or so.
I think it's funny how much cross-pollination there is between BFP and NuWho--from actors to major story lines.

Have you listened to any of the Pathfinder yet? I know they're brand new, and probably not all out yet. I was going to get them, next time I had the dosh to put together another order.

Elf Witch

First Post
I am looking forward to them. I have a huge collection of their stories. Not just Dr Who but Highlander, Stargate, Sherlock Holmes, Blake 7 and I know I am forgetting some. I have never found one that I felt was a waste of money.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Doctor Who Unbound 5 and 6 were pretty poor showings (totally failed to live up to the potential of the core idea).
Minuet in Hell and the second Dr Knox story had really atrocious american accents (horrid enough to forgive Peri and her family).
In Story 100, Evelyn Smythe was written as a stupid feminist.

that concudes my complaints of over 200 stories by Big Finish.

They also have Bernice Summerfield (prototype for River Song), 2000AD(Judge Dredd), Dark Shadows, Sapphire&Steel, Survivors, Avengers, and about a dozen Doctor Who Spin-off lines (Dalek Empire, Cybermen, I Davros, Iris Wildthyme, Sarah Jane Smith, Jago & Lightfoot, The Stage Plays).

scrubkai

Explorer
I really hope these are good. Audio books and old audio dramas always make my trip to work go so much faster.

Paizo has done some great stories, and I would love to hear more of them in audio drama format.

Remove ads