[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Satin Knights

First Post
Return to Boar's Ridge
A Living Pathfinder adventure for 4-6 newbie characters

The old fort on Boar's Ridge is run down and decrepit. It has been conquered more
times than people care to remember. Not worthy of a real criminal organization or
mastermind, it is a perfect place for upstarts that deludely believe they can make
their mark on the world. Another such rabble has made themselves enough of a
nuisance that now it is time to clear out the trouble makers once again. This is
your mission. To stomp the ant hill before it becomes a mountain of trouble.

GM: Satin Knights
Judge: perrinmiller
Start Date: March 22nd, 2014 (DOY=81-1)

Honored Players:
Yosephus Errol Smithe (Tailspinner)...................... Aasimar Cleric 1->2
..80-260 Start .........0 XP,....40 EXP,....40 EGP;....1,260 TXP,...1,080 TGP...Sept 17th, 180 days at 7/6
260-297 Start... 1,300 XP,.,,.54 EXP,..,,54 EGP;.,,,,,407 TXP,.,,,,,407 TGP... Current 1,761 XP 11/11

Devlin (resrick).................................................. Halfling Alchemist 1->2
..80-260 Start .........0 XP,....40 EXP,....40 EGP;....1,260 TXP,...1,080 TGP...Sept 17th, 180 days at 7/6
260-297 Start... 1,300 XP,.,,.54 EXP,..,,54 EGP;.,,,,,407 TXP,.,,,,,407 TGP... Current 1,761 XP 11/11

Muzdum Blackrock (Voda Vosa)........................... Dwarf Fighter 2->3
..80-250 Start ..1,394 XP,....40 EXP,....40 EGP;....1,870 TXP,...1,870 TGP...Sept 7th, 170 days at 11/11
250-297 Start.. 3,304 XP,.,,.54 EXP,..,,54 EGP;.,..,..705 TXP,.,,,,,799 TGP... Current 4,063 XP 15/17

Darvus Andar (Halivar)...................................... Human Paladin 1->2

Tamarie (Aura)................................................ Half-elf Sorcerer 1->2
105-285 Start .........0 XP,....40 EXP,....40 EGP;....1,260 TXP,...1,080 TGP...Oct 12th, 180 days at 7/6
285-297 Start... 1,300 XP,.,,.54 EXP,..,54 EGP;.,.....132 TXP,.,,,,,132 TGP... Current 1,486 XP 11/11

Last update: Oct 24th, DOY 297
[sblock=Encounters]
Date....~ DOY ~ .XP....GP..
May 23 ~ 143 ~ 0040 0040 ~ The Newbie Gauntlet ~ CR 1/2
Sep 07 ~ 250 ~ ................ ~ Muzdum leveled to 3rd on TXP
Sep 17 ~ 260 ~ ................ ~ Yosephus, Devlin and Darvus leveled to 2nd on TXP
Oct 12 ~ 285 ~ ................ ~ Tamarie leveled to 2nd on TXP
Oct 24 ~ 297 ~ 0054 0054 ~ 2 Skeleton Archers ~ CR 2/3
[/sblock][sblock=Treasure]The warm fuzzy feeling of taking on this heroic task.
2 longbows
35 arrows[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Map Provided by Cratchen]Looking at the map, it is fairly simple. Take the road east out of town. After a day and a half, you cross a river on a bridge. After the bridge, a trail forks south east. It is about another seven hours on horse back to get to the fort via the trail or road, which ever it is. The west has a sloped entrance between two rock pillars. There is also a rolling hill approach to the south of the pillars. The fort sits on a plateau above a ridge on three and a half sides. Not close to anything, it is at least high enough presumably to see travelers hours before their passing.[/sblock][sblock=Marching Order]
Single File ...............Double Wide........................... ..Watches
If you have a standard procedure for opening a door, we will put it in here too, so as to speed repetitive issues like that.[/sblock][sblock=Items Consumed or Destroyed]none so far
I will be tracking, when I remember, things like healing potions used here.
[/sblock][sblock=Intended Time]This adventure should probably run about eight to ten months with the characters leveling once, maybe twice. [/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]Liberally adapted from others who do this better than I do.

* I prefer the use of [ sblock=OOC ] instead of [ OOC ]. It does a better job of hiding the out of character commentary. And the raised grey on black just looks ugly to me.

* I write with the Legacy skin for the forum. Therefore, all of my text is assuming a black background and light colored text. Many times I will used black periods to space out text when I need it.

* Group Initiative: rolled by GM with physical dice. In the case where an individual member of the 'losing side' rolls better than all other individual members of the 'winners,' that character may act first in the initial round of combat (surprise or round 1). Otherwise, unless a players specifies that actions are to follow another character / event, actions happen in the order they were posted. More than 48 hours or so delay for posting during your turn in a combat may result in my NPCing the character to keep things moving. I also post mid-round updates, with characters that still have actions in gold for their name, and those that have already acted are greyed out.

* PM is liking Ditzie for mapping, but I still prefer MapTool. I have more control over lighting and other background issues with it. So, I am going with MapTool for now. I own the servers the maps are stored on, so I know they are not going to be disappearing over time like a lot of stuff seems to do from photobucket.

* Feel free to use Invisible Castle or the Coyote on-line dice rollers for your characters. In general, I may or may not be posting my actual rolls, or just results.

** Irrelevant now, but left in for the good info: I may use the EnWorld roller more than other GMs, so if the dice at the bottom of a post starts overwhelming, you can shrink that down to a text one liner by changing your user settings. Settings->Edit Options->Thread Display Options->Dice Roller Display->Streamlined. GM secret rolls like Perception and Stealth will be done by physical dice. EnWorld does have a dice roller back, but it is no where near what the original did. So, Invisible Castle is my preference.

* I tend to post at any time of the day or night. I may post "mid-round" combat updates as needed or "short responses" to questions more often than the characters. If you're going to be away for longer than a couple days, please let me know if at all possible so we can arrange NPCing if necessary.

* If you do not post for a week or more without notice, I may end up writing you out of the adventure. You will still receive your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post.

* If your character gets enough XP to level, they may do so at the end of an encounter. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable. If you are adding a new class that requires special materials, like a wizard's spell book, please PM me a little ahead of time so I can work it in cleanly.

PS: My PM box hovers at 16 of 20. Too many projects I have to track. So, if a message bounced because my mailbox is full, wait a few hours and I should have made some room.

* Mini stat blocks (preferably including a link back to the wiki page for your character) and a picture for maps are quite helpful. Some good examples. It is nice if you can colorize the major stats like Total HP, Current HP, AC, Weapon in hand. When you are ready to make a new post, editing an old post for a second, long enough to do a "Select-All, Copy, Cancel" and then pasting that into the new post is a good way to keep consistency in your stat blocks. It saves a lot of typing too. The A/A in the upper left corner of the editor box controls toggles from What You See Is What You Get mode to source mode. If you need a template for a starter, it is as easy as starting a reply to a message you like, doing a copy all of the example, CANCEL so you don't go through with that post, and then pasting it into where your message will be. Strip the [ quote= ] at the top and the [/ quote ] at the bottom, then edit the example to fit your needs.

* If you have an interrupt or immediate action ability, please list it in your mini-stat block so I can attempt to weave it into the bad guy's combat at the appropriate time the first time around. If you can take more than one AoO in a round, please list that too.

* I tend to roll saving throws for the characters so the narrative of result can be added immediately instead of asking for the player to make a single die roll. I also tend to roll appropriate knowledge checks immediately so that information can be given as well. But, anytime you feel another knowledge or skill check may apply too, please feel free to roll that as well when appropriate. (ie, any time after you are no longer flat footed in the surprise round)

* I mess up sometimes. Everyone does. Feel free to point it out. I will try to retcon to fix if needed. Sometimes, I will need to use the "plot device or special circumstances overrides the normal rules" card. We're all here to have fun, so I'll try to do everything I can to facilitate. :)

* Sometimes I will earn the "cruel rotten bastard" title. There might be occasions where the cause has to play out for a week or two before you see the effect later and go, "Oh, that was worth it." I promise it will never be personal.

* This adventure is homebrew off the top of my head. It is loosely scripted, but I may tweak it along the way. It is a return to the same place that Rescue at Boar's Ridge took place at, so please do not read that game thread. It has too many location based spoilers that would make the game no fun.

I think I have overdone it by now, let's get started.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Took over effectively 12/31/2014

Yosephus at 2540XP, had gained 759TBG since last tally by SK
Devlin at 2540XP, had gained 759TBG since last tally by SK
Darvus at 2540XP, had gained 759TBG since last tally by SK
Muzdum at 5098XP, had gained 1173TBG since last tally by SK
Tamarie at 2245XP, had gained 759TBG since last tally by SK

800XP (160 each) - Trapped Door (6 Jan 2015)
1200XP (240 each) - 6 Kobolds (11 Feb 2015)

Yosephus at 3413XP, gained 3rd level 11 Feb 2015
Devlin at 3413XP, gained 3rd level 11 Feb 2015
Darvus at 3413XP, gained 3rd level 11 Feb 2015
Muzdum at 6143XP, gained 4th level 11 Feb 2015
Tamarie at 3305XP, gained 3rd level 28 Feb 2015

1600XP (400 each) - 2 Kobolds & Skellies (8 Apr 2015) - Without Muzdum
End Ex = 20 Apr 2015

Final Numbers:
Yosephus, Devlin, Darvus
Final = 4833XP gained (Started at 0) & +5102gp (1249 Enc + 3853TBG)
Tamarie
Final = 4470XP gained (Started at 0) & +4725gp (1249 Enc + 3476TBG)
Muzdum
Final = 5321XP gained (Started at 1394) & +5863gp (674 Enc + 5189TBG)

Satin Knights DMC = 19.88 (284 days)
Perrinmiller DMC = 7.77 (111 days)

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
The door to the Inn swings wide again. This time a small cat prances in first, followed by her servant. Well, at least Fiorella feels that is the proper relationship between the two. The middle aged human lets his little friend keep her thoughts of superiority, for there is just no arguing with a cat. A house cat at that.

The cat struts through the bar, finding many people and other cats, bigger cats. And a dog. {{I am strong, I got servant. He will protect me. Grog has milk. Grog likes me.}} she thinks to itself as she make her way to the bar. With a quick, nimble jump, she is up on the bar.

*Meow* and without hesitation Grog pours another saucer of milk for the little one. "Gud kitty Fi." Without bothering to look up, Grog reaches back for the next thing, setting a bottle of whiskey on the bar next to the saucer.

"Grog, am I that transparent? Oh, well, I guess I am. Yep, it is time for another bottle of whiskey, a backroom and another group of brave souls to earn their stories of glory."

"Cratchen, yu drink same. Fi drink same. Yur gold always gud here. Take number three."

"Thank you my friend." Picking up the cat in one hand, the bottle in the other, he doesn't have a third for the saucer. A couple short words and a twist of the bottle, the saucer starts to float and moves ahead of the human on the way to the back conference rooms.

Seeing Lem and Menik, "Oh hey, hi. If you stick around a bit, I might have something for you to do too. Let me get the greenhorns started first."

Cratchen disappears into down the back hallway and into a room with a big 3 on the door.

Grog raises his voice to get everyone's attention, "Attenshun! You greenhorns want work. He haz work. Be vary kareful. Spell slingger pay gud for hard jobs."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the back room, the middle aged human sets the cat down on the table with the saucer of milk and opens the bottle of whiskey for himself. Sitting down at one of the chairs before a round table, he didn't bring a glass, so he starts drinking straight from the bottle. He waits to see who is bold enough to show up.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus enters room number 3. "I understand you have need of able bodied individuals? I wish to offer my services as a healer. I am Yosephus Errol Smithe of Whiteoak, but you can call me Yoseph. I serve my lady Amenthia, the Healing Hand."

[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus nods, takes a seat and waits. He thinks about asking for more details about the job but then thinks that Cratchen might not wish to repeat himself.

resrick

First Post
Devlin the Alchemist Scholar

144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As Devlin leaves the main area of the inn, the door to room number 3 squeaks open as he peeks in. With the same inquisitive smile as always he look between the man and his cat and the new gentleman he had met out in the bar.

"Ahh looks like I am not the first one who is curious about this adventure. The name is Devlin good sir and a pleasure it is to make your acquaintance." Devlin begins toward the man with an out stretched hand at the same time as he pulls a chair out and sits down. As he sits he pushes up his round glasses farther onto his face, he can not conceal his excitement.

"I am an alchemist from the city of Copperhead. Where might you be from sir and what sort of job do you have in mind? If there is any chance for me to see the world and expand my knowledge of this great land I will be most happy to assist you in your endeavor."

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: ___ 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more:
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Seeing the halfling enter, Yosephus waves. "It is good to see you again Devlin. It appears that we will be traveling together. It will be good to witness you in action. By the way, I failed to mention earlier that you can call me Yoseph is you wish."

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

​"And once again it is a pleasure to make you acquaintance Yoseph. It will be good to have a healer with us on our mission. Im afraid my abilities are a bit more varied, but as the old saying goes 'Jack of all trades and Master of none' seems to fit my repertoire well."

Devlin pulls up a seat beside Yoseph and drinks from his delicious concoction as they both wait for more brave adventurers to enter the room.

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: ___ 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases