[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus grabs his share of the gold and then heads for the door. "I will see everyone at the edge of town on the east side. I must first stop at the Grannd Stable for a horse."

Satin Knights

First Post
With three of the group needing horses, you make your way across town to the Grand Stables. Asking anyone along the way simply points east, as if it not hard to miss. Once you get there, you see why. After a quite a hefty walk, you've come to a couple hills on the edge of town. They are about 15' tall and obviously not natural in build. A thick row of brush trees top the hills. There is a 20' wide split between them that appears well traveled.

[sblock=Perception][sblock=DC 10]As you walk up to the opening in the hills, there is a noticable breeze whistling between the mounds. It is much stronger than the standard breeze that comes in from the sea.[/sblock][sblock=DC 15]The breeze is constant and focused inward between the hills.[/sblock][sblock=DC 20]The breeze is magical in origin. Checking the treeline, the trees show the telltales that more than one casting was used to create this permanent breeze wall.[/sblock][/sblock]

Walking though, you find hidden away from the rest of the city a grand stable complex. Some wooden stalls, some made of stone, some with room heights that make you fearful of just what might be inside. There are several pens, each with different types of animals.

You spot a farm hand taking care of oxen.

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As Devlin walks out of the back room, he stops in his place and ponders to himself for just a moment, knowing that he has forgot something, but not remembering quit what it is. With a snap of his fingers the realization comes over him and he turns back as everyone else is getting up from the table in the room and goes over to where he was sitting adn grabs his drink. "Don't want to forget this now do I!" He also notices Yoseph grabbing one of the gold piles. "Haha silly me, almost forgot one of the most important parts. Can't do research without the grant money right."
Devlin heads out the front door.

As Devlin is getting his pack and goods together on his pony, the others begin heading toward the stables to pick up their own rides. ​"I will accompany you all to the stables then we can head for the gates and our adventure from there."

[sblock=Perception Check]1d20+6=13[/sblock]

Devlin notices the strong breeze coming between the hills. The fresh air is enjoyable as he follows the rest through the breezeway and immediately upon seeing the grand stable area that was hidden behind, gapes in awe at the sheer enormity of the area and all the various animals. After noticing his friends continue to walk forward unbeknownst to him within his state of stupor, he rushes to catch up and waves to the farm hand that he sees off to the side.

[sblock=ooc]So had to adjust what I did in the inn slightly to better keep myself together with the group (and not forget my moneys) and thought it better to stay with everyone just in case the GM decides we should go ahead and have some introductory actions here at the beginning hehe [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

[sblock=Perception]1d20-1=12[/sblock]
Darvus takes note of the cool breeze, but thinks nothing of it. He follows Devlin over to the farm hand.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar

AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

"Odd breeze eh pals? Stronger than enything I've seen. At least comin' frem the sea." Muzdum says, strolling through the high grass of the hills.

Perception 10

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus travels with his new companions to the stables. "Yes it is an odd breeze. Have you noticed how it is constant and focused inward?" As they arrive at the stables he walks up to the farm hand. "Excuse me, sir, two of my companions and myself need to rent mounts for several days."
[sblock=Roll]Perception check (1d20+3=17)[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Aye, we got mounts here. What'cha looking for? Walking, flying, crawling? We got many to choose from, if you got the gold."

He wipes his hands clean with a cloth and then holds out his hand, apparently to shake yours. "By the way, the name is Jacus."
[/section]

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

View attachment 61136

"Well met, good sir. No flying, I hope, but perhaps faster than walking. Anything that cantors, perhaps? How much for a horse?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar

AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"Horses, okay. Simple. Not too difficult for you to stay in the saddle. A good choice. A horse would be twenty five gold to rent for a week. That includes the saddle, saddle bags, feed and water. Their good horses that won't spook at the first noise either. Having been trained well, and broken in to be around people, the will serve you well."

Looking at the dwarf, "A pony is only twenty gold pieces a week."
[/section]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I'll like a donkey, or a mule. I've a little weigth on me, ye see. That old guy Cratchen told us to look fer ye. Said there would a be a discount or somethin'?" the dwarf asks tentatively.

Remove ads