[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Halivar

First Post
180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus eyes the approaching dome warily. To no one in particular, he says, "I'm not sure I understand the purpose of all these pens. Surely no one in the city has use for such creatures?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar

AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
Devlin

144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As the group approaches the wide array of cages, Devlin looks around in wonder, curious of what creatures could fill these large cages. Noticing his allies wide birth around the cage, he follows suit, but not with the wary fear that Buttercup shows. He keeps as close to the side fo the road that the large cage is on without actually veering off the road that stretches around metal conundrum. His curiosity always getting the better of him, he begins asking questions to himself about the cave and wants to go over towards it to study it further, but luckily his faithful pony has sense enough to keep them on a safer path.

"My my that is a large cage. I am quit curious as to what or who resides within such a complex. Most
fascinating indeed. Could it be a great dragon or maybe a tamed giant?!?!?! Oh the possibilities!"
[sblock=Action] Devlin keeps more to the path around the cage, but he is very curious about what is inside so he does push his luck a little by being as far to the right of the road as possible without actually getting off the road and near the cage. Thankfully even with all the intelligence Devlin has his pony will hopefully have the commonsense to stay away from giant dangerous things. Also, he is watching the cave very very closely trying to see what is inside. He notices everyone else in the group, but just barely out of the corner of his eyes. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
"Maybe it flies," the song weaver suggests as she gently pats Buttercup on the shoulder, her voice returning to the soft volume she used when meeting you.

Satin Knights

First Post
The horse are skittish as they approach, sticking right close to the buildings as they pass. Old Ironhyde, the dwarf's pony seems to not be phased by the cage at all. He might have a bit of mule in him, or just is jaded from having battle hardened dwarves as his cargo for most of his life.

Devlin coaxes his pony closer to the cage, looking for clues as to the occupant. The dome is quite massive and enclosed on top, so it is likely a flying beast. One that needs a lot of room. The rock outcroppings block much of the interior of the cage.

[sblock=ooc]Devlin Perception (1d20+6=10) misses any details due to distance[/sblock][sblock=Map]
stable3.jpg
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
Devlin

144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

Devlin continues to nudge Molly along on the road, looking throughout the immense dome for any sign of its inhabitant. "Yes, yes I would have to agree. It must house some sort of flying creature, almost like a bird cage or something to that effect. I do hope whatever pet the farmhand has will show itself though, would love to take a peek at the magnificent creature."

[sblock=Actions] Devlin continue to ride his horse on the right side of the trail and examines the cage as closely as possible without going off the trail. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

The dwarf chuckles, "Heh, yer horses are all shivering like leaves in autumn." mocking the other's rides. "I bet there's somethin' ugly and big in there. Too bad I ain't have a stone."

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Looking over her shoulder to the dwarf, Tamarie glares with her golden yellow eyes for a moment, yet says nothing. She then returns to keeping Buttercup in line, and directly behind, the horse in front of them, moving steadily forward.

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus, upon Chester, does his best to keep up with the group and stay in line.

[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus turns away from the cage to make sure he isn't losing stragglers. The cage, and whatever is in it, is to him a needless diversion. Satisfied that the pace is good, he continues on his way.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar

AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Just as you are getting past the half way point, heavy flapping can be heard. And then screeching as three massive beasts come bounding over the rocks and bounce up against the cage wall. Even though your horses knew it was coming, they are still frightened by the outbursts.

The creatures, with the heads and talons of eagles and the bodies of horses, are bobbing their heads and cackling, as if they are laughing at you as you pass.

[sblock=OOC]With your next post, give me a DC 15 ride check. If you fail that, your horse bolts, running ahead. And give me a DC 5 ride check to see if you stay in the saddle. If you fall out, you take 1d6 nonlethal damage falling off your horse. Muzdum is riding Ironhyde, and gets a +5 bonus on the first roll because that pony is so jaded.
[sblock=Kn Nature DC 14]These are griffons. Their favorite meal is horse meat. A natural predator of horses, even combat trained horses get spooked by them. [/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Status]
11/11 HP ~ AC 16 F38 ~ Darvus ~
12/12 HP ~ AC 17 F35 ~ Yosephus ~
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 G30 ~ Muzdum ~
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 H35 ~ Devlin ~
..7/7..HP ~ AC 12 F33 ~ Talisa ~

??/?? HP ~ AC ?? Q32 ~ winged beast
??/?? HP ~ AC ?? P33 ~ winged beast
??/?? HP ~ AC ?? R41 ~ winged beast
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
stable4.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads