[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Screeches cut though the wind, startling the hooded rider and her horse for a moment. Immediately, Tamarie whispers more soothing words, laced with praise, as Buttercup pauses a moment then resumes previous course with little interruption.

[sblock]Riding checks to not bolt (15) and stay in saddle (5), possible damage:
1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16
1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9
1D6 = [6] = 6

Nasty head cracking damage roll. Glad I made the tough check. This is why Tamarie was looking for a small horse: hoping to reduce falling damage. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 7/7
CMB: +0 CMD: 12

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 4/4
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

The sudden appearance of the three flying creatures startles Devlin's tiny pony. With a whinny and a yelp from Devlin the small steed bounds forward in fear. Luckily, the rains remained steadfast in Devlin's hands as he fights to get control of his loyal companion.

"AHHHHHHHHHH, slow down girl! There is....WHOA...nothing to....AHHH....be scared of!"
The words tumble out of his mouth as he is carried off by his frightened friend.

[sblock=Ride Checks]
1d20+3=7, 1d20+3=17 - Old molly is a bit scared and runs off, but somehow I keep from falling off.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Kn Nature Check]
1d20+7=10 - You know nothing John Snow...err Devlin Eldlya
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
I have never rolled so badly in my life lol. Also with my pony being a War Pony does that give any bonuses? Highly doubt it will do much even with my low roll though.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

"HAhargaharg!" Laughs the dwarf, patting the unfazed horse as he keeps trotting peacefully by the griffins' cage.

Ride to remain in control: 18
Ride to stay on saddle: 6

Halivar

First Post
Darvus Andar, Paladin of Helerion

180px-OsareMaleHero1.png

Darvus is unsure of his mount and his own ability, and grips the reins tightly. At the appearance of the griffons, he tightens his grip and yells, "EASY!" Whether is was the wrong or right thing to do; Darvas has no way of knowing. But after the initial shock, the horse settles down.
[sblock=OOC]
Roll to keep horse from bolting: 1d20+2=19
Roll to stay in saddle: 1d20+2=9
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Darvus Andar

AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

Perception: -1
Initiative: +1

Smite Evil: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion (+5, x2, 2d4+6) [Power Attack +4, x2, 2d4+9]

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus is unable to control Chester as he bolts forward. The poor cleric is thrown from his mount and the wind is momentarily knocked from his lungs.

[sblock=Rolls]Ride checks (1d20-6=-4, 1d20-6=-2)
Falling damage (1d6=6)[/sblock]
[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum

The dwarf keeps laughing, even more when the cleric precipitates to the ground, eating dirt and grass. Muzdum turns red and starts gulping for air, as his laughter continues uncontrolled.

Satin Knights

First Post
Once Molly is a good ways past the dome, she slows down again and Devlin is able to regain control. The beasts in the cage are cackling and laughing as hard as Muzdum, having had success in their little prank on the passing horses. It has been a while since they were able to get one to buck its rider. Chester has at least stopped near Molly up ahead so Yosephus doesn't have far to go to track him down.

Although you are sure Molly and Chester have contributed, the natural smells of farm animals are starting to weigh heavy on you, getting quite stifling as you continue on through the menagerie. The animals in the pens are also getting more exotic on this end of the grounds. The top of the stone gate at the far end is visible, but still quite a far ways away.

[sblock=OOC]Combat trained is one thing, but when the creature is twice the size of a horse, and is the natural predator of horses, this is "extra spooky" for them. Once you get past the cage, the horses and ponies settle down.
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
11/11 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~
12/12 HP -6NL ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ Bruised
26/26 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~
10/10 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~
..7/7..HP ~ AC 12 ~ Talisa ~

??/?? HP ~ AC ?? Q32 ~ winged beast
??/?? HP ~ AC ?? P33 ~ winged beast
??/?? HP ~ AC ?? R41 ~ winged beast
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Seeing Yosephus take a nasty fall, the song weaver turns Buttercup around the first available corner to put her out of sight of the winged beasts, wraps the reigns loosely around the nearest convenient object like a post or such, and rushes back to check on the tall Aasamir. Her worried face softens somewhat as she approaches, and she extends her arm to help him upon arrival. "Here, let me help you. That looked scary."

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

After finally getting Molly under control, Devlin sees Chester coming up beside him without Yosephus on board. Over the cackling of the 3 birds creatures and a very amused dwarf, he turns around and get a hold of the reigns from Chester and begins his way back to the others.

"Are you ok Cleric? Quit a nasty fall you had there."
He hands the horse back over to Yosephus and turns to look at the three creatures in the cage enjoying their entertainment.
"Haha very interesting creatures. I have never seen the likes of these before. What are they exactly? Some mixing of breeds between horses and eagles? They would make for wonderful transportation if they could be trained properly I'm sure."

Devlin pulls out his notebook and scribbles a few notes down about the creatures and a rough sketch for his future reference. As the unlucky cleric begins to recover Devlin becomes lost in his note taking and Molly waits patiently and follows the first horse that decides to leave the cages behind.

[sblock=ooc]
Makes since on the Combat trained thing. I would be scared out of my mind too if I saw a giant bird beast that was twice my size swooping down to startle me. Those jerks.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB:+0 CMD: 13
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +6
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/6
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Bomber’s Eye/Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[sblock= Devlin's Journal]
Day 1 - Our journey hasn't yet to begin, but I am all aflutter with excitement. A man named Cratchen has hired us to go to a place near boar's ridge to help put down a few necromancer goblins that seem to have made their home there. Doesn't seem like the last set of adventurers did much good for the place. HE said he wants the place cleaned out completely and I think I have some ideas for that. (Scribbles of a mathematical formula are scribbled along the next couple of lines) Oh, my companions seem to be pretty strong. There is Yoseph, Muzdum, Darvus, and now Tamarie. I'm sure this will be a most exciting adventure thats for sure.

We have run into some most fascinating creatures on our way out of town. They look like a mix between horses and eagles. It seems to me they enjoy playing jokes on would be travelers though because they continue to laugh uncontrollably at our poor clerics misfortune. Note: These creatures would make magnificent mounts if they could be trained properly. I will have to do some research on a potion that would make them more docile. Note 2: I should also figure out what the creatures are called. Maybe some books will show me when we get back from our adventure.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

The aasimar nods to the help from both Tamarie and Devlin. He dusts his self off as he catches his breath. Then he checks himself all over. "I believe my pride was hurt more then my body. I am probably a bit bruised but I will be fine." He leads Chester away from the area before attempting to mount back up.

[sblock=Yosephus Mini Stats]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: 12/12 -6 NL
CMB: +0 CMD: 10

Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +6
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +9
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Spells:
Orisons: Guidance, Resistance, Virtue
1st Level: Bless, Shield of Faith, CLW (Domain)
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: OFF
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases