Cultural appropriation in writing?

Yeah, that's why this seems surreal. I don't understand why it's not perfectly clear that a thing is different from the idea of that thing, or that those ideas change or disappear all the time.

I'm not knocking you; there's just apparently a disconnect that I can't see at all.

I understand the difference between an idea and the thing itself. but I guess I just don't see your statements about that connecting very clearly with what Zombie appeared to be saying. I mean the idea can disappear, but that does't make culture disappear, or create a monoculture on its own (it just means people are not conscious of culture as a concept). But cultural difference would still exist, and so would divisions and conflicts that extend from culture (people would just have difficulty putting a label on it).

Nellisir

Hero
This weather? Man, this weekend was terrible. It was snowing cats and dogs on Saturday! Er ... I mean, not literally. Like, there weren't really cats and dogs falling from the sky. It was just ... you know what? Forget it.
Y'know, it's pretty inappropriate to expect amnesia on command. And exactly what sort of animal cruelty are you practicing over there? Why do you hate everything?

You must be west of me; Saturday was nice here, but it snowed Saturday night....and it's still on the ground now. :/ I'm glad I did the roofing Saturday.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Y'know, it's pretty inappropriate to expect amnesia on command. And exactly what sort of animal cruelty are you practicing over there? Why do you hate everything?

It weren't me what was cruel to animals, it were god.

You must be west of me; Saturday was nice here, but it snowed Saturday night....and it's still on the ground now. :/ I'm glad I did the roofing Saturday.

It started snowing Saturday afternoon and we've still got some on the ground. It sucked. We were gonna clean up the garage an' stuff but the weather kinda killed that thought.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases