[LPF] From Whence None Return

Satin Knights

First Post
Maui cautiously approaches the stone structure and uses the periscope to look into the room. At first he sees water. Water on the floor that is about a foot deep. Then he sees it. Taniwha was right! Swimming through the water, wait, the water is only a foot deep. Swimming through the water, with just its head above is a lizard. Putting the periscope down so he can use his own eyes that tell him better what they see, it is indeed a lizard. Green with small horns swept back from where ears should be and one sticking forward from its nose, it is about two feet in length.

Light from above seems to be coming from crystals in the ceiling. Mages like their crystals. A set of double doors on the other side of the room seem to be cracked open as well, but not as much. The water in this room slowly flows that way, although that crack is probably full of mud and plants to slow the flow to a trickle. The water is thick with algae.

Hallways lead off to the left and right, but it would require entering to see much more than that.

[sblock=Maui]Under the water, you see a faint dark outline. It is as if mud and algae have settled into the edges of a trap door. The area of the door covers a ten foot square in the middle of the room. (AG22-AH23)[/sblock][sblock=Status]
65/65.AC 21 AU24 ~Maui ~ MA 582r, LS 4180r, SwA 6r, DPaS 684rc ~ Perception (1d20+11=27)
50/50 AC 22+4 AU25 ~ Taniwha ~ MA 581r ~
79/79 AC 20 BK40 ~ Vincenzo ~ ~
76/76 AC 21+2 BM40 ~ Weal ~ MVest 4782r ~
44/44 AC 13+4 BI40 ~ Menik ~ MA 2147r ~
38/38 AC 23 BM41 ~ Lem ~ ~

??/?? AC ?? Lizard
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
map4.jpg
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Haere mai Taniwha" Maui beckons towards the cheetah who pads over, he continues beckoning with the periscope to the others as he draws a wand. "Here Menik, take te tricky eye. Maui's eye is good." He taps the wand inside Taniwha's mouth and puts the wand away. "No Lizard Man inside. Only te little lizard. Look where te lizard swim. Under there is te door trap." He points out what he saw to the others and then says. "We go in now."

[sblock=Lvl 7 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (Touch 14; FFt 18)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 Fort: +8 Reflex: +8 Will: +10

Conditions: Longstrider (7hrs); Speak with Animals (1 min); Mage Armour (1 hr);

In Hand:
Cold Iron MW Scimitar: +11; 1d6+5 (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: CLW 2/2; Longstrider: Used, Detect Snares and Pits: Used, Aspect of the Falcon
2nd: Bull's Strength 2/2, Bark Skin, Delay Poison
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang, Resinous Skin
4th: Thorn Body
Wild Shape: 3/3 uses left per day

[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (20), touch 16 , flat-footed 12 (16)
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d8+6; 2 Claws: +11; 1d4 +6 dmg
View attachment 57927
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (20), touch 16 , flat-footed 12 (16)
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d6+6; 2 Talons: +11; 1d8+6 dmg; Foreclaws: +5; 1d4+3
View attachment 57928
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape II]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 17 (21) , touch 15 , flat-footed 14 (18)
Speed 40 ft.
Melee:Bite +12; 2d6+7 (+Grab); 2 Claws: +12 ; 2d4+7 dmg (+Grab)
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 10/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 45/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 47/50
Wand of Mage Armor: 46/50
Rod of Lesser Extend: 3/3
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (26)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: Trip/Disarm +10 CMD: 25 (29 vs Trip) Fort: +7 Reflex: +11 Will: +3

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hr) Magic Fang (Bite) (1 min)

Bite: +10 (+11); 1d6+4 (+5) dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +10 ; 1d3+4 dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel smiles at Vencenzo's comment. "Sometimes it's good having bloody friends, right?"

When Maui calls the group over, Weel trudges forward.

"Is it a good lizard, or a bad lizard?" he whispers. "Is the kitty going to snack on him?

If you can make the lizard go away, I might be able to talk to the door to make sure it stays closed, except it might be harder for it to hear me through the water..."
he offers by way of disarming the trap door.

[sblock=resources]Conditions: Iron Weapon (8 minutes)
Magic Vestment (+2 AC 8 hours)

Iron Weapon: 5/6 uses remaining.

Spells used: 5/6 level 3 remaining. [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The lizard hears the first bits of conversation at the door and spooks, swimming off quickly to the left, out of sight.

[sblock=Status]65/65.AC 21 AU24 ~Maui ~ MA 580r, LS 4178r, SwA 4r, DPaS 682rc ~
50/50 AC 22+4 AU25 ~ Taniwha ~ MA 579r, MF 10r ~
79/79 AC 20 BK40 ~ Vincenzo ~ ~
76/76 AC 21+2 BM40 ~ Weal ~ MVest 4780r ~
44/44 AC 13+4 BI40 ~ Menik ~ MA 2145r ~
38/38 AC 23 BM41 ~ Lem ~ ~

??/?? AC ?? Lizard

The yellow light crystal is overhead.
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
map5.jpg
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel shrugs as the lizard runs.

"I'm pretty sure I bathed this morning, but lizards have those smelly tongues, so maybe I missed something. We can always check the trap later. I don't like swimming much, I have to say, and I'd have to let go of my friend who just came to visit--" here he holds up the greatsword again, "And he tends to get jealous and go hide away when I don't pay him proper attention."

[sblock=ooc]If Weel's weapons leaves his hand, he only has a round to pick it back up or it goes poof and he burns a use. I just remembered that bit. I'm fine doing it; he'll still have 5 uses left, but figured if no one really wants to go deep water diving right now, might as well not lose the weapon. :)

SK, I noticed you're tracking Weel's Magic Vestment, but not the Iron Weapon. I hate to tattle on myself, but since the summoned weapons is lasting a lot fewer rounds than the AC bump, I figure I should point it out to be fair. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=resources]Conditions: Iron Weapon (8 minutes)
Magic Vestment (+2 AC 8 hours)

Iron Weapon: 5/6 uses remaining.

Spells used: 5/6 level 3 remaining. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Weel, what if you tether your, uh, friend the sword on a piece of leather or cloth to swim. Will your friend be able to stay and play?"

jkason

First Post
Weel shakes his head, then shrugs. "But there are others to play with, and eventually he'll decide he wants to have fun again."

[sblock=ooc]I realized I may be confusing things (surprise): All this is about opening the trap door: if Weel has to do a Disable check to get it open, he has to let the weapon go. Also, I'm working from a theory that the room below this one might be submerged, if this water is leaking up instead of down. Weel's fine to go tromping through the room to the door on the other end. And, honestly, he has 5 more uses of his weapon, too, so he's not going to be ruined or anything. Don't worry about the doddering gearhead. :) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases