[LPF] From Whence None Return

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human oracle

The burly man who talks to furniture perks up and smiles.

"Ooh! Are we summoning someone? Who are we summoning? I've not made new friends since the chair in the other room!"

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel shrugs.

"Alrighty. The room's pretty crowded, anyway," he says, then leans in to whisper conspiratorially, "The table leg's ego is big enough to fill the whole place, right?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo's eyebrow lifts about 1/2 an inch as he thinks to himself about this being a looooog adventure. He wishes that beer drinking dark wolf and his handler would gather lem and get in the room.

. . . . sssiiiggghhh . . . .​

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]"Thank youse, thanks for coming. Yess, you've guessed right again Menik, there is a necromancer at ta centre of thiss story. Time of the talkings. Ha ha. That's good. Yes it is."

"Wait a minute."

He pulls a couple ingredients from his spell pouch, recites a minor incantation and then straightens up from his drunken stupor.

"The bosses always insist I do that before giving out a job. Should have done it before sending the kids. Ah well. Now where was I..."

"Ah yes, a necromancer. Back ages ago there was a practitioner of the necromantic arts that was building a minor stronghold for him out in the swamps. Since it was swamp land, and few go there, nobody really bothered him. It wasn't as if he was right in town, or on one of the main caravan roads. And this guy had a nack for making the most interesting magic items. Things that others could not pull off, he did. So, the Mystic Pearl would buy from him, because well they buy from anybody. That is their nature."

"He was rumored to be working on a staff, putting in it one of the most difficult spells to put into a charged thing. Antimagic Field, while being quite strong, is also quite a temperamental spell when placing it in a staff. It tends to negate the enchanting process, and well, chicken or the egg, you see."

"Well, this bugger has been rumored to have pulled it off. The Mystic Pearl would like that staff. They are willing to pay those that can return it to them quite handsomely. So, that is the mission. Go get the staff and return it to the Pearl. The other things of interest out there, you can keep, or sell to the Pearl at their standard rates."

"The bounty on this staff has been out there for decades. A few have tried now and again to go get it. Umm... Umm..."

"None have returned. Proper divination work says the staff is still there, so no one has tried to run off with it and screw the Pearl. That would never be successful anyways."

[/section][sblock=Spellcraft DC 16]Polypurpose Panacea: Artificial sobriety for an hour.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Since Systole is the judge on this one, Sylla won't be coming along. I sent a PM to SoulNova to see if Galandra is interested earlier today, but haven't heard back from her. She tends to only run one character at a time though, so she is a maybe. I am just assuming Lem is going and including him in. DT is on vacation at the moment. If he is not interested, he can drop out later.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui likes to summarise these events to make sure he has understood. "So, you want us to get te Big Stick of No Magic. It is in te Swampin te Strong Hole? And te Necroman Sir has te Big Stick? Does Maui understand?" he asks. "And te Necroman, he make te Big Stick... He waiting for us to take it to te Pearl? Like te messenger? Or we steal it like te thief? Before the wizard has a chance to respond he gets in a final question. "And what you pay te heroes for finding te Big Stick?"

Scott DeWar

Maui likes to summarise these events to make sure he has understood. "So, you want us to get te Big Stick of No Magic. It is in te Swampin te Strong Hole? And te Necroman Sir has te Big Stick? Does Maui understand?" he asks. "And te Necroman, he make te Big Stick... He waiting for us to take it to te Pearl? Like te messenger? Or we steal it like te thief? Before the wizard has a chance to respond he gets in a final question. "And what you pay te heroes for finding te Big Stick?"

Vincenzo smiles as friend, like usual, has slight misunderstandings with the cultural differences.

"First the big stick, Yes we get it and bring it to the pearl. No we are not stealing it like a thief, because the Pearl has paid for it in advance, like we pay in the gold coin to the pearl first to make our items' magic stronger.

Second, I believe he is called The necromanc-er. no sir to his name.

Which brings me to a couple of questions.
Sir, Am I correct that the pearl has pre-paid it?
how long ago did they commission it and
what has happened to the necromancer?

Third, Maui, we call it a strong- holD'. It is probably a building made of stone cut from the earth and I am reasonably sure Tane gave permission for the removal of his earth. i hope."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel's eyes grow wide as Cratchen outlines the mission. By the time he's done, the broad-shouldered man looks practically grief-stricken.

"That poor, poor stick," Weel says. "Some mean old man twists its head all around until it's so full of self-loathing that it hurts its own kind, and then abandons the poor little thing. Of course I'll help rescue it. But you should make sure there's a huge crowd of little coin-y friends here when we get back. We have to show it piles of support, after all, to help it become a proper part of society again."

[sblock=ooc]I'm assuming Vincenzo's reaction was an IC one, but I should probably throw in now: if Weel's schtick gets to be too much OOC, guys, please let me know and I'll do what I can to temper it. I'm hoping it's a vaguely-amusing-touched-soul kind of thing; I don't want to go actively infuriating anyone. :) [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=ooc]I'm assuming Vincenzo's reaction was an IC one, but I should probably throw in now: if Weel's schtick gets to be too much OOC, guys, please let me know and I'll do what I can to temper it. I'm hoping it's a vaguely-amusing-touched-soul kind of thing; I don't want to go actively infuriating anyone. :) [/sblock]

OOC: no problems here. Its that Vincenzo is a man who has seen a lot of weird stuff, and it just does not quit.

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]"The Mystic Pearl did not commission it. This is salvage in their eyes. You see, the man is dead. At least we are pretty sure he is dead, and has been so for several decades. He was getting up there in power to become one of the strongest of the undead types, a lich, but, we think he failed in that. Most who try die in their attempts, and rightly by their own hands. Nobody has heard a peep from him all this time, and those with power do not tend to hide it."

"So, we believe he is dead. He did love making traps though. Every paranoid enchanter seems to love building traps. So, that is probably why no one going in to get the staff ever came back. We do know that his stronghold was built with the use of gorgon's blood. So, teleportation or earth glide spells are likely going to be useless to bypass his interior mazes."

"We are willing to pay twenty five thousand gold for the staff to be brought to us. Splitting that up between the five of you, that is five thousand gold pieces each.
"
[/section]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases