[LPF] From Whence None Return

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human oracle

Weel claps loudly and smiles.

"Such a wonderful crowd you've gathered for when poor sticky returns! Oh, and traps? I've not talked to a nice trap in a while now. They're sometimes hard for me to find, but I do so like talking to them about what makes them tick. Or spring. Or explode. Fascinating folks, traps are. Do you have any idea what kind of traps?"

[sblock=ooc]Weel has a pretty awful Perception, which seemed reasonable given The Crazy, but he has a decent Disable Device.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So, the necromancer is presumed dead, has created a great number of traps out of paranoia and may o may not have turned himself into an undead creature?"

jbear

First Post
"Wating!" protests Maui. "Te necroman...cer, he try to what? To become te Not Dead? You say he make te Strong Hole in te swamp so noone is bothering him. You say he was te bugger who pull off te Big No Magic Stick. Ka tupato ia! Te clever man is te necromancer. But you THINK maybe he not become te undead... what you call him? Te lich? Te strongest of te Not Dead? Yes, Maui see now. Te clever necromancer is te kaitapuoramate! He make te dead te Not Dead. He make himself te Living Dead. People go but people never come back." Maui scoffs. "Not te traps... te lich." Maui bangs his hand down onto the table causing Taniwha to pin his ears back and snarl. "Te promise of te gold when we return is no good. Te Pearl has many wonders! Te Pearl will help protect us from te lich! If there is no lich we give te help back when we return with te Big Stick! Tell us ... what can te lich do? How do you fight te lich? And how do you fight te lich if he has te Big Stick of No Magic too?"

kinem

Adventurer
"I fear the same" Menik says "but even if there's no lich, in my experience a necromancer means lots of undead. If it is traps, though, can any of us find them except by the old fashioned way? If not, perhaps the Pearl can loan us a find-traps wand, if any of us can use that."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

The northern island native squirms a bit.

"I chatted with some trapkin sticks a while back, and the told me they could help a little bit, but they'd only help me, and I was ... easily distracted, they said."

He perks up slightly, though, adding, "But I did run into a pair of wristlings like these once," he holds up his arms to show the plain leather bracers there, "that would help anyone keep an eye out provided they gave them a ride."

[sblock=ooc]Unfortunately, Find Traps is a Personal spell. Weel can use a wand, but I think that means he can only use it on himself, and then he only gets a +4 to his Perception checks, which still puts Maui above him in the Perception department. There are some perception boosting items, though, that could work for our jungle man if they're available. Weel's referencing Bracer's of Falcon's Aim, but I know there are others. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=ooc]Unfortunately, Find Traps is a Personal spell. Weel can use a wand, but I think that means he can only use it on himself, and then he only gets a +4 to his Perception checks, which still puts Maui above him in the Perception department. There are some perception boosting items, though, that could work for our jungle man if they're available. Weel's referencing Bracer's of Falcon's Aim, but I know there are others. [/sblock]

[sblock=perception]Vincenzo has +8, but probably a pittance compared to wise man and jungle warrior Maui[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]"Loan? Let's see here. Yes, we could loan you a wand, with a 100% deposit put down as collateral. If it is returned and unused, we would gladly refund your full deposit. But, if it has been used, then would have to prorate it accordingly." Cratchen smiles. There is always a way to say 'yes' to a customer.

"As to the guy making it to becoming a lich? I don't think so. But, if he did... Let me see. Well, the whole goal of doing that is to be undying. They rip out their heart, usually, and put a bit of their essence in gem, or other item called a phylactery. Then they hide this somewhere they think no one will ever be able to find it. So, if their body is destroyed, they regrow next to the phylactery over a week's time. It is the ultimate cheat death trick. The only way to stop that process is to destroy the phylactery before destroying the lich. But, if he can get away before you get him, he can always build another phylactery."

"What else can they do. Let's me think. If they touch you, it will paralyze you, or it will sap the very life out of you with negative energy. So, if you do find one there, do not wrestle with it. That would be a bad idea."

"I don't know much more. But, back at the shop, I am sure there is a book you could buy. Since a lich is at the top of the undead power pyramid, there has been a lot of research done on their kind, I am sure." The salesman in him is showing through a bit more.
[/section]

jbear

First Post
Maui has no idea what the man is saying to them but it makes his hackles rise in response to the mockery that is transmitted. Maui's eyes narrow dangerously and muscles underneath his skin ripple and stretch. "Maui does not understand te jibberjabber of te old man, but Maui understand that te Pearl offer nothing. Maui will go to te swamp because it is better than getting fat by te fire in te Hall of Heroes. But Maui goes for himself, not for te Pearl. If we return with te Big Magic Stick maybe we bring it to you ... and maybe not. It is not your Stick, you are stealing it but too scared to steal it yourself. Now I am bored of te talking. I wait outside for when it is time for te doing." With a snarl to emphasise his annoyance if he had not made it clear enough, Maui leaves the room, his cheetah padding along behind him.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel watches the nearly-naked human and the animal walking out of the room, and starts to say something. He lets out nothing more than an awkward grunt, however, when his chair seems to shove itself in toward the table unexpectedly. After a cough to regain his composure, he shrugs.

"Like I said, the stick told me it probably wouldn't help me much, so I'd feel sad abandoning all my little round friends for so long. Though if someone might be out there who makes us feel ouchies just by touching us, there might be a few paper buddies I should look for. It sounds like that wouldn't be fun at all, no it wouldn't.

So, you can go collect the circle-y crowd for Big Sticky's homecoming, and we'll go find him!"
He finishes with a big grin.

[sblock=ooc]If there's negative level threats, might be worth buying some scrolls of Restoration. Weel doesn't actually know the restore spells [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

""I am in, but I will out side with Maui, waiting. You know - just to keep an eye in him." He says the last with a wink and a grin. He stands, bows and exits, pushing in his chair as he leaves.

OOC: let the game be afoot!

Remove ads