[LPF] From Whence None Return

jbear

First Post
Maui roars in anger. Not at the trap the tiger had set off,but because he knows he is being toyed with. The riddle he knew. A child's game. But stuck in the form that he had taken to do battle he could not speak it out loud. He roared again in frustration. He was not clever enough to understand what was really going on but the three lich's seemed to be a mere distraction. He would give his answer in the only way he could. This time his tremendous roar was a call to Tane to respond for him. Seconds later a creature of flame and fire stood before the northern lich giving the druid's answer to the riddle.

[sblock=Action] Can't speak to give answer to the riddle, but as Maui knew the riddle as a child, and as I have guessed it myself, Maui answers by summoning a medium FIRE elemental in front of the blue lich using empty spell slot with Summon Nature's Ally IV. [/sblock]

[sblock=Medium Fire elemental]Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7
DEFENSE

AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13
hp 30/30
Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +1
Immune elemental traits, fire
Weaknesses vulnerability to cold

OFFENSE

Speed 50 ft.
Melee slam +7 (1d6+1 plus burn)
Special Attacks burn (1d6, DC 14)

STATISTICS

Str 12, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 19
Feats Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +5, Escape Artist +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (planes) +1, Perception +7 [/sblock]

[sblock= Tiger (large)]
Duration: 10/10 rounds
AC 14
Tiger 1: HP 45/45-? Necrotic damage
Tiger 2: HP 45/45
Saves F/R/W +8/+7/+3
Speed 40 ft
2 claws +10 1d8+6 (grab); Bite +10 2d6+6 (grab)
Special: Pounce, Rake
Perception +8 (scent)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lvl 10 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (25) (Touch 14 (18); FFt 18 (21))
HP: 92 Current: 92
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 Fort: +10 Reflex: +9 Will: +12

Conditions: Longstrider (7hrs); Mage Armour (1 hr); Delay Poison (8hrs); Bulls Str (16 mins), Great Magic Fang (8 hrs), Barkskin (160 mins);

In Hand:
Cold Iron MW Scimitar: +14 (+16)/+9(+11); 1d6+6 (+8) (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: CLW 0/2; Longstrider: Used, Detect Snares and Pits: Used, Aspect of the Falcon:Used
2nd: Bull's Strength 0/2, Bark Skin: Used, Delay Poison: Used, Empty Slot
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang: Used, Resinous Skin, Empty Slot: Used to Summon Nature's Ally
4th: Thorn Body, Empty Slot: Being Used to Summon Nature's Ally Empty Slot: Used to Summon Nature's Ally
5th: Empty Slot : Used to Cast Summon Nature's Ally V
Wild Shape: 2/5 uses left per day

[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (23), touch 16 (19) , flat-footed 12 (19)
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +14; 1d8+7; 2 Claws: +14; 1d4 +7 dmg
Special: Trip

[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (23), touch 16 (19) , flat-footed 12 (19)
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +14; 1d6+7; 2 Talons: +14; 1d8+7 dmg; Foreclaws: +8; 1d4+4
Special: Pounce

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape III]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 17 (25) , touch 15 (19) , flat-footed 14 (21)
Speed 40 ft. (70 ft)
Melee:Bite +15 (19); 2d6+8 (+11) (+Grab); 2 Claws: +15 (+18) ; 2d4+8 dmg (+11) (+Grab)
Special: Pounce, Rake
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 0/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 44/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 46/50
Wand of Mage Armor: 46/50
Rod of Lesser Extend: 0/3
Potions: CLW 0/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (27)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: Trip/Disarm +11 CMD: 29 (33 vs Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +12 (+13) Will: +6 (+10 vs enchant)

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hr), Bull Strength (16 mins), magic fang (bite); magic fang (both claws)

Bite (silvered;magic): +13 (+16); 1d6+5 (+8) dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws (silvered;magic): +13 (+16) ; 1d3+5 (+8) dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So, Maui? is that to attack the lich or the answer? fire casts no shadow . . . . .You touch it, it bites . . . . .water destroys fire, take away the source, be it wood or oil, and it goes away and cold would be the opposite and it dies.

Brilliant Maui! You are right! the answer is indeed Fire!" Exclaims the Venzin swordsman, greatly impressed with the jungle warrior's wisdom.

jkason

First Post
Weel opens his mouth to speak when a fire elemental bursts into existence.

"Oh, but yes and yes and yes!" Weel calls out, clapping. "Listen to the cat that isn't a cat, mister dead who isn't dead. Fire fire!"

jbear

First Post
Yeah, no update in over 2 weeks when there is another adventure waiting for us... I would like to wrap things up if this is how it is going to be. Sorry. Am I alone in thinking this?

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] [MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION]

Officially ending this on 19 July 2015. Apologies for not giving you all a big written finish. Total XP and gold gained for the entire adventure listed below.

Ending XP:
Weel ~ 100,727
Maui ~ 88,863
Vincenzo ~ 88,697
Menik ~ 58,488
Lem ~ 58,488

Ending GP:
Weel ~ +48,498
Maui ~ +45,122
Vincenzo ~ +45,064
Menik ~ +35,764
Lem ~ +35,764

kinem

Adventurer
OK, thanks, GlassEye.

Weeks later, Menik recounts the tale to an elven woman named Verath in the Dunn Wright Inn.

"Right then, we were expecting an epic battle against the mighty lich-wizard and his magical traps. Never had we faced such a powerful spellcaster, and we all knew how tricky he could be, and that chances were that not all of us would return alive!

Suddenly ... The red lich stepped forward and in a raspy, deep and creepy voice he intoned

'Yup, you got it. Easy one, eh? Well fair's fair.' He laid down the staff at his feet. 'Turns out that a staff lets you surround yourself with an anti-magic field is ... not that useful for a lone wizard. Not one of my better ideas. You won this little game, so take your prize. I've already built another labyrinth; I hope you'll pay me a visit there some day. Even more fun, harder games. I recognize that you have a choice in deadly trap-filled tombs to explore. Thank you, for choosing Coroliatheon.'

Then the liches vanished, leaving the staff on the floor there!"

Verath asks "So that was it? He really just put the staff down and left?"

Menik replies "Yes. I think the liches were just an illusion, but that was it. Well, there was one more danger on our journey home! Lem found ..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases