[LPF] From Whence None Return

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Not an elven building, that's for sure. This being a swamp, lower levels could be flooded. I should have thought of that before."

GRRRoooooaaaaannnn

No, its not the sound of the waking dead, but of Vincenzo as he recalls being chased by zombies in the under layers of Venza.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

As the group tromped along, Weel gave his armor a brief pep talk. It responded with a faint glow, which quickly subsided. He tromped along surprisingly quietly as the group made most of its journey, with whispered asides to the unseen jibber jabbers on occasion, but even they seemed to understand the seriousness of the mission. Or they were biding their time; one couldn't be sure.

The odd man perked up at sight of the stone structure.

"Oh, excellent! A local community. We should introduce ourselves. Bricks are notoriously shy, so they could probably sit there for ages just waiting all sheepish about the new folks."

[sblock=ooc]I don't have approval on Weel yet, so I haven't put together his full mini-stats. For my own sanity check, though, wanted to get in his Magic Vestment casting. In general, I plan on having him cast when the party sets out for the day, recast in the afternoon. For now:

Spells used: Magic Vestment (+2 AC, 8 hours) 5/6 level 3 remaining. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"Do you think the stones will complain if I climb to the top of the tower, Weel?"

Vincenzo isn't really sure if he wants to know the answer of his question, but this man with the crazies is a part of this mission and is to be respected. His jibber jabbers though seem to suggest he is not totally crazy.

"My thought is that if there is no easy ground level access, then we may need to access from the top."

jkason

First Post

Weel giggles at Vincenzo's question.

"Of course they won't mind," he says. "Rocks love to be climbed. Why else would they grow up to be mountains?"

The man in the gear-covered armor cocks his head to one side and considers the tower a moment. "If you're only climbing to get inside, though, I'm sure I could ask the stones to make way for a moment so we could go talk to their siblings inside."

[sblock=ooc]Weel knows Stone Shape, which should let him open a wall enough to get us inside if they aren't too horribly thick.[/sblock]

[sblock=resources]Spells used: Magic Vestment (+2 AC, 8 hours) 5/6 level 3 remaining. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Though happy that the weird wagon passed them by with Weel's answer he is mystified by what was meant by the stones 'could make way'

"Are you meaning that the stones will grow legs and arms and move themselves?" his eyes show he would be dubious of an answer of the positive.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Weel's frown shows a similar dubiousness towards Vincenzo.

"Why would they need to do that? Only sillies like people and animals have to bother with clunky things like limbs." Here, he points to a small rock nearby, asking the pebble, "Isn't that right, little one?"

Though it doesn't speak, the small rock does lift off the ground, floating a few feet from its previous spot. It wiggles a bit in the air as if in reply, then settles down to a new location.

"See? Rocks are more than happy to move about. They just like to be asked nice, is all. People are usually stubbing their toes and cursing at them, so you can probably understand why they're a little sensitive."

[sblock=ooc]Using Mage Hand[/sblock]

[sblock=resources]Spells used: Magic Vestment (+2 AC, 8 hours) 5/6 level 3 remaining. [/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem rolls his eyes. "Come on, Weel, stop teasing the man! Everyone knows that the only friends one can be sure of are those you can share a meal, and I haven't seen a rock eat anything yet." Lem ponders his last encounter and adds. "Although a walking rock did try to tenderize me once."

Scott DeWar

"good point. Rocks don't eat." Vincenzo seems like he understands something. No telling what that might be though.

Remove ads