[LPF] From Whence None Return

jbear

First Post
Maui blinks at the periscope a few times before handing it back to Menik. "Thanks but now is not te moment for giving presents." Menik quickly realises that Maui has probably never seen a periscope in his life and that he likely would have no idea what it was for or how to use it.

Once the group has joined him he says "Can you make te tricky magic to fool te lizardfolk to come out?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Maui, it gives a view of around a corner without looking around the corner. Watch . . . . ." Vincenzo gives a demonstration by looking around the trunk of a tree. "See how it makes a false vision of a true sight?"

kinem

Adventurer
Menik says "It's not a gift, Maui. I just think you're better than me at finding out a lot by just looking a little, and this is one way to do it without sticking your neck around a corner.

I prepared my magic to fight undead today. Not, unfortunately, to trick lizardfolk."

[sblock=Menik mini stats]
Menik

AC 17 (touch 13, ff 14) w/mage armor, hp 44/44
Init +3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Fort +5, Reflex +6, Will +6; Perception +8 (low-light vision), Stealth +9

attack longsword +4 (1d8+1, 19/x2) or dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19/x2)

force missile (Sp): (1d4+3, as magic missile, 8/day)

Arcane bond: ring; cast any spell in spellbook 1/day except Abj or Div

spells prepared: DC 15 + spell level; (& = evocation, +1 DC); (~ = fire, +1 DC)
concentration: +11 (+5 Int, +6 level)
lesser metamagic rod, selective (3/day, up to 3rd level spell, exclude up to 4 creatures from area of effect)

Level 0: message, disrupt undead (40', +6 ranged touch, 1d6), detect magic*

Level 1: mage armor (cast), magic missile& (1d4+4,1d4+1,1d4+1) (x3),
chill touch (6 touches; 1d6 damage + 1 str damage (Fort part DC 16)
or undead panic 1d4+6 rounds (Will neg DC 16)),
ear-piercing scream& (45', 4d6+3, daze 1 rnd, Fort DC 17 for 1/2 + no daze)

Level 2: mirror image (1d4+2, 6 min),
flaming sphere&~ (3d6+3, Reflex neg DC 19, 160' range, 6 rounds) (x2),
toppling magic missile& (1d4+4,1d4+1,1d4+1; trip +11) (x2)

Level 3: haste (6 targets, 6 rounds),
halt undead (160', Will DC 18 neg (Int only), up to 3 undead, 6 rounds,
ends if they are attacked or take damage),
fireball&~ (8d6+3, Reflex half DC 20, 20' radius, 640' range) (x2)

Gear: 4 days' rations, potion of CLW (1d8+1), periscope, pearl of power (1st level)
Party gear: scroll of locate object
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem whispers, "I know this is going to sound crazy, but maybe we can consider talking with them. I mean, has anyone actually checked to see if they are evil? I'd rather cook for someone than punch them, if given a choice."

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
HP: 38/38
AC: 23, AC Touch: 21, AC Flatfooted: 17
INIT: +7, BAB: +4, CMB: +6, CMD: 22
Fortitude: +6, Reflex:+11, Will: +9
Speed: 40'

Unarmed Strike: Attack: +11 = [BAB (4) + Dex (5) + Size (1) + Weapon Focus (1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Flurry of Blows: Attack: +11/+11/+6 = [Monk(6) + Dex(5) + TWF (-2) +WF(1) +Size(1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1+1d6 fire/1d6+1+1d6 fire/1d6+1+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Ki Pool: 4 points
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Absolutely, Lem. I certainly don't think any of us planned to attack without talking first. Do you have a good idea how to go about it?" Menik asks.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

As the others move forward cautiously, Weel nods with an exaggerated care.

"Are we killing things now?" he whispers. "If we're killing things, I should ask one of my bloody friends to come out."

The burly man holds his arm out to the side, palm open and forward, and a small light like on a firefly floats from somewhere behind him to hover in place before his open hand. Then the glow stretches and grows quickly, and in less time than it takes to tell, the light is replaced by an impressive, gleaming greatsword which Weel takes from the air.

Weel gestures to the blade as if to introduce it when the others begin discussing magics. The conversation distracts him enough to save the others meeting yet another inanimate object.

"The jibber-jabbers sometimes like to play at being moving pictures, if that's what you mean?" he cocks his head to the side and, indeed, the others seem to hear a soft, whispered chittering sound akin to conversation. Weel smiles and nods.

"Yes. They'll play at being someone if you like. Who should they be?"

As the others mention talking, Weel grows more excited.

"Oh, I talk lots of languages!" he says. "For water folk and fire folk and angels and devils and ... you know, I don't think I talk lizard, though."

[sblock=translation]Weel knows Minor Image. If Maui and the others are looking to lay an ambush by drawing something out, he can make use of it. He also knows Ghost Sound if the plan doesn't require a visual.[/sblock]

[sblock=resources]Iron Weapon (8 minutes). 5/6 uses remaining.

Spells used: Magic Vestment (+2 AC, 8 hours) 5/6 level 3 remaining. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui stares nonplussed at the periscope as Vincenzo demonstrates its use. He takes it back looking doubtful but imitates what Vincenzo had shown him. He pulls the device away and looks up with a start and then turns around to look over one shoulder and then the other trying to figure out what he had been looking at. He looks into the device again and repeats his confused search until he finds the spot in the landscape the periscope is actually looking. "Hmmm ..." he murmurs to himself. "Tricky". He heads up to the door to try and take a look in through the cracked entrance way ignoring Weel completely as he is unable to understand what the man is on about.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Menik, good thing you should me that periscope back at that crypt. Poor Maui and his difference of understandings with others."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases