WotBS Fixing WotBS Encounter / Monster Math

starcrawler

Villager
Hey, was wondering if there's any news on how you're getting on with the Maths upgrade, It would really come in handy :) About to do a new WotBS campaign and would love to do it this time with the updated maths :).

Arcaneshield

Explorer
Hmm yeah. Thing is if I still had ddi subscription I could make them there and give out .monster files, which people could use with any software, not just masterplan. But that does have the side effect of requiring me to give more money to WOTC when they've basically written 4e off.

As for updated math, I have the first two acts complete. I'll set up a dropbox account and share the library files tonight when I get home from work.

There are a fair number of posts on this subject from way back, and its more than fixing the monster math. In many cases the 4e updated modules were straight ports of the 3e combat encounters without regard to the change in underlying assumptions. In the first half of the campaign this wasn't too bad... but as the characters got out of the heroic tier the modules became virtually unplayable as minor skirmishes took hours of play time.

It was along time ago so I don't recall too many of the other posters but I put a bunch of my thoughts out here. A couple links to start with:

4e-Conversion-Project-Table-of-Contents-and-Intro

4e-Conversion-Project-Shelter-From-the-Storm

Trial-of-the-Echoed-Souls-Chorus-and-Ghaele

Trial-of-Echoed-Souls-4e-Rhuarc

Trial-of-Echoed-Souls-Soul-Tapping-for-4e

Modified-Black-Widow-Encounter-4e-Adv-7

My group made it up to module 11 before we kinda blew up, so I have a fair amount more on my other computer if you are interested, just PM me your email address and I will dig what I have back up for you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases