MUD players?

aktillum

First Post
Hey, are there any MUD players here? I've been playing MUDs for 15 years, never really got into graphical MMORPGs because of the huge lack of roleplay.

Kaodi

Hero
Back in the day I was a huge MUD player, but that went by the wayside quite a while ago. I do not know about roleyplaying though: I thought serious roleplayers tended to play MUSHes, not MUDs, per se, though in popular parlance the former is basically a category of the latter. And then again, the sort of people who still play MUDs are probably a somewhat different sort. Last MUD I really played much was God Wars II: The Supernaturalis. And it has a pretty in depth combat system that requires a lot of attention, reflex, and typing.

Janx

Hero
Back in the day I was a huge MUD player, but that went by the wayside quite a while ago. I do not know about roleyplaying though: I thought serious roleplayers tended to play MUSHes, not MUDs, per se, though in popular parlance the former is basically a category of the latter. And then again, the sort of people who still play MUDs are probably a somewhat different sort. Last MUD I really played much was God Wars II: The Supernaturalis. And it has a pretty in depth combat system that requires a lot of attention, reflex, and typing.

People still play MUDs?

Back in college, MUDs were how students flunked out.

I reckon MMO's took that job up.

aktillum

First Post
There's still alot of MUD players, I have several friends that play LoL or FF in a window with their MUD client in the background. Achaea has around 400 players during peak hours.

Jhaelen

First Post
I used to be quite active in a MUD called 'Xyllomer' until a few years after I finished University. It really was a pretty awesome roleplaying experience, but ultimately I ran out of time, as there were too many competing activities. Graphical MMOs cannot compete in that regard at all.

Remove ads