Questions about O.L.D. and N.E.W.

Halivar

First Post
I got a few questions about O.L.D.:

1) What will the eventual license be? Will people be able to publish 3PP content?

2) How married will the default setting be to the rules? If I needed, say, a custom list of player races and places, can I swap out the default setting in its entirety?

3) At what point would you recommend people making content for O.L.D. in anticipation of its release? Alpha? Beta? Or wait for release?

I'm asking these questions because I have a pretty untraditional fantasy idea I've been kicking around for a few years in dire need of a good universal fantasy system. SW and GURPS are too simple and too fiddly, respectively, but O.L.D. looks like it's just right. It's got me excited to get my idea out and written down.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They 're nice easy ones!

1) Very open, and not only allowed but actively encouraged and supported.

2) There's no default setting. It's much like D&D in that respect -- it's whatever setting you choose. There will be a couple of example settings but that's all they are. Creating your own stuff is not just possible, but the intention!

3) I'll be releasing an update this week which brings is closer in development to N.E.W. I'd say you'd be able to start experimenting with it at that point, with the understanding things may change. In fact folks doing that will very much assist the playtest process.

Remove ads