OOC - From the Outside

doghead

thotd
For the Bonds though, I think the "you can only resolve one per session" thing is meant to pace the awarding of XPs? Since all you need to resolve is the agreement of the other player and since that bond can be immediately replaced by another, if you remove the pacing rule you could theorethically instantly earn an infinite amount of XP (or anywhere in between)? Multiple awards per "session" would now also be possible with the Alignment XP rule and the three other XP triggers on p.78.

Potentially. But I suspect that if someone tries to start abusing the system, they are like to suffer fairly rapid smack down from the rest. There is enough gaming experience at the table I think to be able to handle it responsibly. Besides which, I can't really think of a good alternative.

thotd

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I'd suggest simply triggering the End of Session move when it feels appropriate. Say whenever you would normally feel like sitting down and distributing (non-combat) XP to everybody in a regular D&D game?

GlassEye

Adventurer
What ritual did Khyrinnax show Needles? Something to draw good luck? Something to keep evil spirits away? Or should we make up something on the spot whenever Khirynnax Helps or Hinders him?

I'm having a lack of imagination over this one right now. Making something up on the spot when it's needed sounds good to me.

doghead

thotd
I'd suggest simply triggering the End of Session move when it feels appropriate. Say whenever you would normally feel like sitting down and distributing (non-combat) XP to everybody in a regular D&D game?

I am going to leave it as is and see how it plays out. I prefer the idea of it being part of the natural ebb and flow of the game.

I hit a wall somewhat with the first IC post. I was tempted to work on it a bit more. My biggest concern was with the Witching Troll's tasking, I wanted make it a little more specific but couldn't put it together. But I am not going to be able to get back to it for another 24 hours at least.

So in the end I decided to get it up and get the game underway.

thotd

Binder Fred

I rather like the IC vagueness myself. It says something about the Troll's methods. I'm also guessing Khirynnax might have (or has had) some ideas/clues whispered to him, or will have if we start to stray too much?

I am going to leave it as is and see how it plays out. I prefer the idea of it being part of the natural ebb and flow of the game.
It's going to speed up XP gain by quite a bit, I think. Then again, that's probably a very good idea for most PbPs.

Binder Fred

How are things going with your PC, [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION]? If it helps, I formated a cleric's sheet for you below.

I also have a question for you re Ammo, [MENTION=8243]doghead[/MENTION]: The changeling has a weapons choice which reads "Faybow (near, far,+1 damage, 1weight) and a bundle of arrows (ammo, 3 uses, 1 weight)", to which I added the optional choice "Elven arrows (ammo, 4uses, 1weight) and a healing potion". Now I just assumed and added the two together for 7 ammo on my sheet. Looking at the gear section though, with 3 Ammo worth 1 coin and 4 ammo worth 20 coins, I'm starting to wonder if these things are not really additive but should replace each other instead? And if so, can you maybe keep the second set of Ammo on your person for a swap/refill out of combat?

[sblock=Artur's sheet][section]
Artur
Cleric of Heimdall (level 1; 0 xp of 8)
Choose one for each or make up your own:
Kind Eyes, Sharp Eyes, or Sad Eyes
Tonsure, Strange Hair, or Bald
Flowing Robes, Habit, or Common Garb
Thin Body, Knobby Body, or Flabby Body

Assign these scores to your stats below: 16 (+2), 15 (+1), 13 (+1), 12, 9, 8 (-1)
STR DEX CON
INT WIS CHA
Damage: D6 Armor: X (Nature of armor?)
Max. hp: 8+Constitution Current hp: X

Alignment:
Choose one:
Good: Endanger yourself to heal another.
Lawful: Endanger yourself following the precepts of your church or god.
Evil: Harm another to prove the superiority of your church or god.

Gear: (Load X/10+STR)
dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
Symbol of the divine, describe it (0 weight).
Choose one defense: Chainmail (1 armor, 1 weight) or Shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
Choose one armament:
• Warhammer (close, 1 weight),
• Mace (close, 1 weight) or
• Staff (close, two-handed, 1 weight) and bandages (0 weight)
Choose one:
• Adventuring gear (1 weight) and dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
• Healing potion (0 weight)

[sblock=Cleric Moves]Human: Your faith is diverse. Choose one wizard spell. You can cast and be granted that spell as if it was a cleric spell.

Deity: You serve and worship some deity or power which grants you spells. Give your god a name (Heimdall) and choose your deity’s domain:
• Healing and Restoration
• Bloody Conquest
• Civilization
• Knowledge and Hidden Things
• The Downtrodden and Forgotten
• What Lies Beneath
Choose one precept of your religion:
• Your religion preaches the sanctity of suffering, add Petition: Suffering
• Your religion is cultish and insular, add Petition: Gaining Secrets
• Your religion has important sacrificial rites, add Petition: Offering
• Your religion believes in trial by combat, add Petition: Personal Victory

Divine Guidance: When you petition your deity according to the precept of your religion, you are granted some useful knowledge or boon related to your deity’s domain. The GM will tell you what.

Turn Undead: When you hold your holy symbol aloft and call on your deity for protection, roll+Wis.
  • On a 7+, so long as you continue to pray and brandish your holy symbol, no undead may come within reach of you.
  • On a 10+, you also momentarily daze intelligent undead and cause mindless undead to flee. Aggression breaks the effects and they are able to act as normal. Intelligent undead may still find ways to harry you from afar. They’re clever like that.
Commune: When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet communion with your deity, you:
  • Lose any spells already granted to you.
  • Are granted new spells of your choice whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1, and none of which is a higher level than your own level.
  • Prepare all of your rotes, which never count against your limit.
Cast a Prayer: When you unleash a spell granted to you by your deity, roll+Wis.
  • On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and your deity does not revoke the spell, so you may cast it again.
  • On a 7–9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
    • You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
    • Your casting distances you from your deity—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you commune.
    • After you cast it, the spell is revoked by your deity. You cannot cast the spell again until you commune and have it granted to you.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.[/sblock][sblock=Bonds and Backgrounds]Trickle has insulted my deity; I do not trust them.
Slice is a good and faithful person; I trust them implicitly.
Khyrinnax is in constant danger, I will keep them safe.
I am working on converting Needles to my faith.

<background details here>[/sblock][sblock=List of Rotes]
Light
An item you touch glows with divine light, about as bright as a torch. It gives off no heat or sound and requires no fuel but is otherwise like a mundane torch. You have complete control of the color of the flame. The spell lasts as long as it is in your presence.

Sanctify
Food or water you hold in your hands while you cast this spell is consecrated by your deity. In addition to now being holy or unholy, the affected substance is purified of any mundane spoilage.

Guidance
The symbol of your deity appears before you and gestures towards the direction or course of action your deity would have you take then disappears. The message is through gesture only; your communication through this spell is severely limited.​
[/sblock][sblock=List of Prayers]
LEVEL 1

Bless (Ongoing)
Your deity smiles upon a combatant of your choice. They take +1 ongoing so long as battle continues and they stand and fight. While this spell is ongoing you take -1 to cast a spell.

Cure Light Wounds
At your touch wounds scab and bones cease to ache. Heal an ally you touch of 1d8 damage.

Detect Alignment
When you cast this spell choose an alignment: Good, Evil, Lawful, or Chaotic. One of your senses is briefly able to detect that alignment. The GM will tell you what here is of that alignment.

Cause Fear (Ongoing)
Choose a target you can see and a nearby object. The target is afraid of the object so long as you maintain the spell. Their reaction is up to them: flee, panic, beg, fight. While this spell is ongoing you take -1 to cast a spell. You cannot target entities with less than animal intelligence (magical constructs, undead, automatons, and the like).

Magic Weapon (Ongoing)
The weapon you hold while casting does +1d4 damage until you dismiss this spell. While this spell is ongoing you take -1 to cast a spell.

Sanctuary
As you cast this spell, you walk the perimeter of an area, consecrating it to your deity. As long as you stay within that area you are alerted whenever someone acts with malice within the sanctuary (including entering with harmful intent). Anyone who receives healing within a sanctuary heals +1d4 HP.

Speak With Dead
A corpse converses with you briefly. It will answer any three questions you pose to it to the best of the knowledge it had in life and the knowledge it gained in death.​
[/sblock]​
[/section][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
I apologize, BF, but I'm going to have to withdraw from this game. I just don't have the time available to devote to it. Trying wouldn't be fair to you or the other players, because I know that it can't be done in a way that you deserve. Again, I apologize for jumping in and getting over my head.

doghead

thotd
I apologize, BF, but I'm going to have to withdraw from this game. I just don't have the time available to devote to it. Trying wouldn't be fair to you or the other players, because I know that it can't be done in a way that you deserve. Again, I apologize for jumping in and getting over my head.

Hey Leif, we have all been there. Swapped by life or just a bit over committed.

If it make a difference, things are probably going to move fairly slowly for the next few weeks. I have to go overseas next Sunday for a couple of weeks. And I suspect that things are going to be pretty busy this week getting ready for the trip.

If not, the door will always be open down the road. If you want to make a IC post having Artur decide to break his agreement with the Witching Troll and go his own way, then should you want to pick this back up, then there is already a thread in place. Let us know.

Cheers

thotd

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases