(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 3

zouron

First Post
William:

most definately did he exile himself to the domains of dread, while he still had ounces of sanity left,.

of course his sanity could be claimed as none existance as he killed the entire magocracy making various magical items as well as scrolls, leaving them all on his own demiplane, along with all the secrets of knowledge/technology/magic and more (including the undead plague). What his original purpose with making magic items of the entire population was I leave to your iamginations ;) and of course my own, with that note he invited everyone to actually visit the demiplane to find the treasure [insert evil laughter].

Anyway what do you mean by commentary? *is tired after taking a 15 hour rest ugh!*

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Hi all,

Woefully, poorly, priorly underpowered Zelda here. :D

I read through massive amount of mails here. Huh, must say I am very confused about rules too, and I get headache trying to memorize them, so I just do stuff and somebody can do the rule-thing when needed, ok. ;)

So, does anyone here need, miss, want clarifying something from me?

I try to re-find that map we spoke of earlier with William if you still need it. Anything else Greyhawkish you would want to have. Yes, they are pdf-files, I recall someone asking.

My mapcolor is boring grey, well fit's my norhern folk.... hey, it's world of Grey(hawk), mmh, cool. :)

Btw, I am not near internet 23th and 24th day this month.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Uh ... ! .... did you all see Kalanyr's post above??!

There really is no civilian population in Rauxes left, by the way.
Just one HECK of an undead Host.

Is Ivid the Undying and his tarrasque mount, and his army, also going to Geoff?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To Zelda and everyone:

When you come online during the IR, you will be confronted by 30, or 50, or maybe 100 new posts.
I would think this would be an intimidating, if not overwhelming, thing.

You want to post, and be a part of the IR, but they have roared on ahead like a sportscar and left you in the dust.
Not very fun.

That is why I am running this IR in turns. They cannot go any further than 200 posts ahead of anyone, first of all.

But ...

Look for my posts in the thread.
I will read, read furiously, and I will summarize what is happening, as often and as well as I can.
Just scan through the mountain of posts until you find mine, and there you will see a summary of what's going on.

Then, you can reply to that information, without having to deal with reading 30, or 50, or 100, posts.

Let me do the work for you, if you don't feel like reading a mountain of posts.
I'll do my best to keep updates.

- - -

As for the rules:

I created Turns so some people wouldn't be on post 725, while others were still reading post 3 (literally, that could be the case.)

I created points so you'd know how strong your Power was.
That way, when the following happened, you knew where you stood:

I threaten you, if you don't give up your land.
I won't do it.
Yes you will!
No, I won't!
Yes you will!
No, I won't!
I invade your countries!
I invade your countries!
I sack your countries!
I sack your countries!

The points were merely intended to show how much strength one had to back his or her words with.

I made it possible to increase the number of points you had, because I thought people might find it more interesting, and I wanted people to have more choices.

I created the Arms Races because everyone was asking:

What Planars can I summon?
How many?
What can they do?
Where are my undead?
What technology do I have?
When do I get machine guns?
When do I get tanks?
When do I get high level magic?
What can I do with high level magic?

- - -

There are 125 nations and powers (not including any Planar Powers!) in play in this IR.
125!
There could be even more. There are more than that on the world of Oerth and in Greyspace.

Now, some of you like the nations.

Some of you don't like that gaggle of nations at all.

What can I say?

Everyone knows what the meaning of war is, and how it will affect the map.

I wanted to bring Oerth to life, as much as possible.

Since this IR was on Oerth, I didn't want to say: Here's Oerth (a blank slate), now let's play.
I have tried (and Maudlin and Williams have been of immense help) to bring the world to life a little bit.

- - -

I don't think PCs, except for Vecna, will be that big a thing.
They add 1 to 5 PLs to that person's total Power Level, but with everyone at 40 PL or above, it's a small part of the total.

If people start stating actions for their PCs, such as they directly attack enemy countries, cities, or perform specific actions in combat, then there is the chance they will die in the process (and no, nobody is completely immune to magic ...)
Take that as a cautionary word, folks - if your PC starts doing things directly, there is always the chance of death.

No PCs other than Vecna and Acererak start with a PL of over 5. Most are much below that.
I intended Vecna as someone to terrify the rest of you - that was intentional, and I knew you'd ally against him.
Acererak was always PL 10, as an NPC. His player simply asked me if he could make him a PC, so I agreed. It made no difference in that player's total PL.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Amedio Rainforest is now contested between Festy Dog and Alyx.

Erypt remains contested between Lynux and Darkness (I offered a solution to that. See way up above.)

Greyhawk remains contested between GnomeWorks and Lord Melkor. I offered a solution to that also (see way above.)

As far as I know, there are no further contests.
Creamstreak has claimed Grandwood.
The Dark Union could not claim it. (They did threaten to get anyone who claimed it, though ... I suppose Creamstreak is in for a tough fight here, on Turn One.)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena_of_Neith said:
Uh ... ! .... did you all see Kalanyr's post above??!

There really is no civilian population in Rauxes left, by the way.
Just one HECK of an undead Host.

Is Ivid the Undying and his tarrasque mount, and his army, also going to Geoff?

Everything and everyone I can move from the above areas is going to Geoff, as long as its not hostile to me of course.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Planar Allies

Oh yeah, just sayin my planar allies are chromatic dragons, earth elementals, and those lawful metal cube thingies, ahh, moradon? i'm pretty sure they start with m. darn. ah well i'll edit this later when i figure it out.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kalanyr, are you SHARING Ivid and the City of Rauxes with Festy Dog?
If so, he must agree to what you are doing.
That's how it is with shared powers - one cannot speak for the other; both must speak as one.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Attention, Kalanyr and Festy Dog

Ahoy there, Kalanyr, Festy Dog.

Are you two sharing Ivid and the City of Rauxes?

Because, if you are, you both must agree on what Kalanyr has just stated Ivid and Rauxes have done.

If Festy Dog says no, then you have a problem.

If Festy Dog says yes, and posts it here on the boards, you don't.

That's the problem with shared powers - everything must be done in committee.

(Now, if you are sharing that power, you could designate one of you as the Speaker for you both.
That's fine, and I'll go with that.
Of course, when one of you is offline, the Speaker could come online and totally mess up everything the other had in mind concerning said power, but ...)

- - -

Now, if Festy Dog wishes to give up his claim to Ivid and the City of Rauxes, then Kalanyr is free to do as he pleases ...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases