D&D 3E/3.5 are old Living Greyhawk modules avaiable anywhere?

vonmolkew

Explorer
I have started a campaign using the old Liberation of Geoff module that TSR put out many years ago and was wondering if any of the old LG stuff is available? I've seen on the Collections page that there are dozens of modules. A friend played a couple of them when they were still running and told me there was more than just "giant killing"....that one of them was an adventure on the Plane of Faerie. He also knew of some that involved the Plane of Shadow.
I found the old Yahoo page that supported it & got some fluff off it but there doesn't seem to be any way to acquire the modules, even where it says "available for home play"

Any info would be appreciated

Warunsun

First Post
Nope

Any info would be appreciated
Greetings!

These adventures are no longer available. You can't get them from Wizards of the Coast and people aren't supposed to post the files on the Internet. That said, you can probably find some of them if you look for them and ask folks. I doubt you could get them all.

If any of you folks are interested in preserving the fourth edition Living Forgotten Realms adventures for yourself make sure you hit the LFR website and download them for yourself now! I wouldn't wait because they could disappear at any minute since LFR has concluded and at some point they will not be hosted there.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
eah, these modules are a topic of interest to me, too. But Yeah, these modules are a topic of interest to me, too, but I don't know anything about their quality. Would they even be worth a hunt?

Starfox

Adventurer
I have seen a few of them and not been impressed. The ones I saw were very bleak, desperate adventures and more of an extended series of events than a lot the PCs really get engaged in; a lot of the plot happened behind the scenes. I tend to prefer more sunny scenarios with the PCs more centrally involved. But even if they are not the best adventures ever written, they can contain tidbits of lore and mood that are interesting.

darjr

I crit!
Is this a general question about living campaign adventures? Or living greyhawk specific? I think the 3rd ed D&D Blackmoor living campaign adventures are all available.

vonmolkew

Explorer
Is this a general question about living campaign adventures? Or living greyhawk specific? I think the 3rd ed D&D Blackmoor living campaign adventures are all available.

I'm looking for Greyhawk specific - the country of Geoff. From what I've heard - and seen (I do have a couple of them that I got from someone a while back) -- they have enough encounters and back story that I can put my own touches on them & make a good campaign without spending a ton of extra hours. I'm taking some inspiration from Eric Bluntzer who wrote a fantastic campaign guide about the whole area. He used the modules for the most part with some significant changes to some stuff & really brought a "Greyhawk Feel" to the whole thing. My campaign is taking on the same "feel" but i don't have the hours to spend on it like he did.....If he's reading this: outstanding, fantastic, complicated, fascinating....not enough adjectives to describe the work you did which is now approximately 10 years old.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
So I'm guessing by the crickets chirping that there really isn't any way to acquire any of the old LG modules?

Correct. As I recall, the licenses the adventures were released under mean that no-one can actually distribute them now. Wizards doesn't have the rights - they only gained publication rights for when the adventures were active - and neither do the authors, as the Greyhawk-specific material is covered by Wizards copyrights and trademarks.

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases