Pathfinder 1E Judges Guild City State of the Invincible overlord KS last 8 hours!

VirtualMage

First Post
City State of the Invincible Overlord Kickstarter

From the original IP owners, with a magnificent array of maps.
For those that are not familiar it's a hardback book, detailing a city first published way back in 1979

The city itself is a sandbox, absolutely brimming with ideas- have a quick read of the updates in the KS for the different maps to get a feel.

Stats are pathfinder or Judges guild generic, and you can get the book in hardcover or softcover, with maps.

Minis are also available as an add on or stand alone pledge.
If you are interested in the setting check out necromancer games update on this in 2005, the adventure caverns of Thracia and the Wilderlands boxed set. Seriously one of the most creativity inducing material around. Check it out and back the kickstarter, but do it quick!

VirtualMage

First Post
Kickstarter over and hit the magic 80k!

So that meant all the hardbacks were upgraded to leather covers, and all of the maps were released. Sounds like there will be some post KS pledging available on the judges guild homepage, since it all happened in the closing few hours.

If you haven't looked at this product before- just google image search City state of the invincible overlord maps, and Wilderlands maps.

With the KS maps, I could wallpaper a wall of a room... I wonder if the wife would mind...

I'm sincerely hoping they will re-release more overlord product, particularly the wilderlands. Sometimes kickstarter is used for the right purposes- actually kickstarting a company into production and given the huge amount of source material these guys have on hand- hopefully this will be the first of many products.

:lol: I am seriously /happy dance today. =]

I'm happy like someone saying 'Yeah the Gygax family decided to release all of Garys campaign notes and are refreshing Greyhawk, its on KS right now!' at least in my mind.. =P

SolitonMan

Explorer
3+ years later and still this thing isn't close to completion. :(

It's such a disappointment, I don't see myself buying any JG products in the future, regardless of who publishes them.

JeffB

Legend
Sorry to hear you are still waiting. I do not think Bob Jr. is the businessman his father was, unfortunately. After all the JG vs. Necromancer Games hubbub, I decided to steer clear of that KS.

Goodman had a fulfilled KS with the old Journals and some modules. I did not back it, but I will get this eventually..

Now it seems Bill Webb is going to (re)do Tegel Manor himself after a few starts/stops over the past 12 years. I am skeptical. Don't think he is the right guy to do it.

I'm sticking with the originals, warts and all, until I see finished product and can make informed decisions. No JG Kickstarters for me.

Last edited:

VirtualMage

First Post
Life is all about little vertical slices of time. I loved the initial CSIO, and even enjoyed the Mayfair version. At the point of going all in on this KS, I was riding high, looking forward to my Tome of Horrors minis, and physical copies of the Throne of night and Way of the wicked. Now, I've passed on many Kickstarters that the me of 3-4 years ago would have jumped on. When looking at any kickstarter now I check the Facebook profile of the person in question, check their prior projects and if anything is looking hinky, pull the ripcord.

This CSIO project I still have some faint hope that it will see completion, but the emphasis is on faint. Layout should have been completed by now, even with their glacial pace of work and the logical conclusion is that he was playing for time as they did not have the money for the print run any longer. I'd be happy if Goodman or FGG picked up the pieces (particularly as Bill Webb is the top backer of this KS).

No more happy dance for me on this project. =[

Remove ads