Legacy of the Silver Dragon - Off to See the Goblins

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Muzdim]
If you are a dwarf, you are used to get up at the moment notice to battle orcs or goblins. But as time went by, Muzdim had grown to lack that sort of discipline. Antare's sudden arrival gets him angry and violent. "I'll rip their spines if they dare! Where are them, show them to me!" he bellows, as he dons his armor and grabs his battleaxe.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Maybe when you are certain that you are a mage, rather than asking me whether you are one, then you will worry when we are alone together."
His eyes widen with some alarm and then he looks down and away, avoiding her gaze (and he is definitively blushing now): "Just- just so long as that is understood."

Glarmlok just stares at Antares and says, "Talking too much. Tired." and curls into a ball on the ground of the tent.
"Ah?" And him hoping to delve into such things as goblin elders and governance and of Glarmlok's own mighty deeds as a goblin of some standing, he is quite sure... Instead, he resigns himself to lighting a candle and thoughtfully sets to writing that letter to Teacher Dysare, warning of possible connections between cursed bell and the swirling plots of dark men and dancing stars...

gambler1650

Explorer
[sblock=Muzdim]Antares gives a long sigh and an amused smile. "Should have known that would be your reaction my friend. They're at the only full fire left." He points out the tent in the direction of a roaring flame. "I'm going to go to warn Antares just in case this gets out of hand." After Antares leaves and Muzdim approaches the fire, he hears the raised voices of at least 2 men seeming to try to incite the others with words like "Goblin loving subhumans." which can only mean Muzdim and Antares by the sounds of it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Antares]Stellan comes into the tent a bit quickly, saying "Antares, Beatrix.." as his greeting. Glamrok rolls to his feet with a small shriek, which more than anything else wakes Beatrix who had just started to snore - tent shaking snores.

"What is it?" she asks, even as Stellan says "Some of the loggers are working up their nerve to come after the goblin. I asked Muzdim to get you guys out, but he decided to go confront them directly.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

[sblock=Antares]Antares is not an evening person. Not in the least. The quiet night is time for considered reflection, the turning of silent pages, calm ponderings on the nature of the mysteries (and, perhaps, on a day like today, the meanings and deeper implications of recent experiences).

"What should be done, in truth?" he asks his companions somewhat blurrily, even considering the goblin one of them in his distress. "What can be done? Should we all attempt to help? Ah. But then might not these loggers be even more enraged by Glamrlok's sight?!"

Perhaps only some should go then?

(Why would any wish to 'come after the goblin' when he is clearly no possible threat to anyone? He finds that most puzzling of all... Is it the call of some ancestral revenge?)

OOC: What does Antares know of the past history between goblins and Ascandians, Gambler? Has there been major incidents between the two since Eliaesel departed? Or before that?[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Muzdim]
"Got any problem?" Muzdim voice was hissing and raspy. "If ye do, I'm prone to speak about it rather than splitting skulls, so speak up, stop plotting in the corners like the goblins ye so much despise."[/sblock]

gambler1650

Explorer
[sblock=Antares]Stellan replies to Antares. "I don't know. I think taking the Goblin in their sight would be a bad idea. The instigator is saying the Goblins were too eager to attack our town, and they're angry that they attacked Gregof even though they were tricked. I think they think it's safest to just wipe them out. Not saying it's a good idea, it's just what some alcohol and anger is making them think. And... and maybe some of them were regulars at the general store before we got the bell? I think maybe Beatrix should stay with the goblin, and we could go help Muzdim if he needs it?" Beatrix nods blearily. "I will protect little one here." Her hand drops to the creature's shoulder in what is probably meant to be sympathetic, but the goblin gives a shriek, "No more shake!" remembering the last time the large cleric had her hands on him. Beatrix looks embarrassed as she removes her hand.[/sblock]

[sblock=Muzdim]Make a D20 roll Charisma check please.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

[sblock=Antares]"Ah, perhaps the camp has a foreman of some kind? A person of some authority over these men?" breathlessly proposes Antares. Things are moving fast, perhaps too fast. "I'll- I'll go and you can return to the confrontation, friend Stellan, perhaps even announce that said authority is on its way?" That can likely do nothing but good.

He rushes to help, and yet can't help suspecting in his squeezing heart that he is being cowardly right now, running from these men while Stellan and Muzdin are the brave ones, going to confront them. Should he change his mind and be the one to go while Stellan seeks? Or- His emerald eyes, wide with anticipated fear, click back to the lady Beatrix and her charge before he can quite exit their shared tent...

"Would- Would you perhaps be willing to seek this foreman in my stead, oh lady of kind reguards? I do not imagine Glarmlock will be much of a hindrance in this task?" he quickly explains. "Perhaps even a valued asset, as I am told some goblins are fierce and effective trackers?"

This last directed at the goblin warrior himself.

OOC: If they agree, he'll hurry towards the confrontation with Stellan. If not, he'll seek out either the biggest building or a stand-alone, one-person housing as the most likely places to find the foreman. If he guessed wrong, politely ask the person he did find or wake where said foreman could be, please.

OOC: Took me a while to get to this. Sorry.[/sblock]

gambler1650

Explorer
[sblock=Muzdim]"Eliaesel's Breath, dwarf... Where the hell did you come from?" says a man under his breath as Muzdim approaches. The man automatically moves to the side, and on seeing the stance of the Dwarven cleric, sidles away as if trying to pretend he wasn't really meaning to be at the fire listening to the instigators. The two men facing the rest, the ones seeming to be trying to instigate things against the goblin and those who would protect him - seem just as startled, and look at Muzdim, their expressions seeming cowed and shamefaced. "We were just angry about the goblin's attack. But you and the elf, and Stellan and that new.. umm.. woman.. Beatrice? You all seem to have everything under control." One might notice that the humans (even one just arrived) are all given names, while Antares has not. "I guess we'll just hope for your success in your mission." There's a bit of muttering around the fire, and the instigator who wasn't speaking to Muzdim casts a warning glance in their direction as if to keep them from acting. A couple more people depart, and then the second man says "I guess it's late. We've had a bit too much to drink. Time to sleep it off." He tugs at the first man's arm, and with a last look at Muzdim, he acquiesces and leaves towards the barracks. Muzdim hears the arrival behind him of two of his companions, Stellan and Antares.[/sblock]

[sblock=Antares]"Come along Glamrock! Maybe there being more food somewhere we can get after we talk to foreman." Again Beatrix's large hand slams down onto the Goblin's shoulder, eliciting a shrill squeak. The goblin looks pleadingly at Antares as it's dragged out into the evening air. Stellan nods, "Alright then, let's go." By the time the two of you get to the fire, you see that the gathering is starting to disperse. One of the proable instigators seems a bit reluctant to leave, eyeing Muzdim who stands framed as a dark, solid shadow by the fire, but his friend tugs his arm, "I guess it's late. We've had a bit too much to drink. Time to sleep it off." And the two begin to walk off back towards the barracks.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

"What- What has happened?" tentatively inquires the robed mage of master Stonehand once he and Stellan get close enough, worriedly glancing at the departing throng with obvious incomprehension. (It is quite clear that they have both been hurrying to get here in time.)

Perhaps as importantly, "Is it over?"

OOC: Does Antares recognize the two instigators, Gambler? He'll at least take note of their faces for future reference.

Remove ads