Legacy of the Silver Dragon - Off to See the Goblins

gambler1650

Explorer
"It has never told me what name it goes by," says the hermit somewhat cryptically, "And I do not know what others might call it. I happened upon it by accident and my experiments with it proved its worth in some of the concoctions I create." Sal nods to the young elf, "And if you would like to observe, that's a small additional price for finding and returning the petals"

The older man frowns at Antares' last comment, "Not sure what you mean, young master elf. But I really don't have any further information or ideas on who might have attacked the town."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"And if you would like to observe, that's a small additional price for finding and returning the petals"
"I would be honoured," nods Antares with something resembling his old enthousiasm.

The older man frowns at Antares' last comment, "Not sure what you mean, young master elf. But I really don't have any further information or ideas on who might have attacked the town."
"It was- Ah... I do apologize for the misunderstanding," bows Antares, slightly blushing yet still uncertain.

He wishes good fortune to the bearded hermit and thanks him again for whatever knowledge his analysis might bring, before turning and starting the return trip towards the bridge.

Bridge, trail, logging camp, stream, village, he repeats in his head as they walk, lest he forget the good hermit's directions. Bridge, trail, logging camp-

"What did you think, friend Stellan, master Stonehand, lady Merryburg? Did- Did it seem to you that perhaps he might know more than what was said?"

OOC: Turning back along the same way we took getting here, skirting the river please. :)

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
Already turning away towards his abode, the hermit nods at the goodbyes and disappears from view as the party moves away. To Antares' comment, Stellan shrugs and smiles "Sometimes people misspeak. Especially the older individuals, right?" He grins at that. The large cleric nods at Stellan's comment but adds, "Still, is something to remember. Must watch for more slips in speaking from old man in future."

The party passes the brush where the fox was caught, and continues on easily enough until they reach the bridge again.

Binder Fred

The large cleric nods at Stellan's comment but adds, "Still, is something to remember. Must watch for more slips in speaking from old man in future."
Antares can't help smiling at that, thinking: Yes, let us. "Still, in future I would perhaps not use the word 'greed' when describing motivations to humans and elves, master Stonehand?" he comments to the dwarf. "For to them it evokes... an excess of selfish desires - far more than mere survival or comfort could ever warrant - often to the detriment of others?"

OOC: He's refering to this bit of the conversation with the hermit.

The party passes the brush where the fox was caught, and continues on easily enough until they reach the bridge again.
"Onwards through trails fair or foul to fair Ascadar's far off logging camps?" questioningly waves the lanky elven mage.

If there are no objection, he will resume his place in their marching order, Stellan scouting ahead and Muzdin closing the march?

OOC: Marching instructions for Antares today:
- Map: Antares will try to follow along on his map as they walk, filling-in their progress in charcoal using distances travelled and any landmarks he can see.
- Curiosity: Otherwise Antares WILL be looking at everything and anything he can get his overly curious eyes, ears and hands on. If appropriate he'll also collect botanical/rock samples of things that 1. might have a magical use, 2. be used in teas or 3. look particularly unusual. (Let me know if he collects anything, Gambler. :) )
- He'll suggest a 10 minute pause every hour or thereabout? He's not used to walking long distances and his endurance is fair, but not great.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim

"Aye, nothing like what I meant." Says the dwarf, his mischievous grin hidden behind his thick beard. He resumes his place guarding the rear of the group, ready to march.

Binder Fred

"I do so hope this was the correct course to set," sighs Antares after no few steps in somewhat fretful silence, each one taking them farther than he's ever gone from the place of his birth. "So much has happened in but the last three days," he explains to the others, "who knows what state we will find our village in but four more?"

Binder Fred

Speaking if such things though, something has been tickling at the back of his ever-busy mind... He leans forward as they walk, "Pray, goodgoblin Stoneburner, would you happen to know when the Dark Man, the liar, he that gave you the poison for use on the good captain - When did he set you on this mission of assassination? How many days in the past?"

If the goblin village is a full two days travel from Ascadar...

OOC: He'll look to Beatrix for help 'translating' that for the goblin, and/or motivating him with a sweet or two if necessary? :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I trust the town will be good on their own. This recent events will shake the dust out of the guards, they were getting too comfortable." says Muzdim with a grunt. "In any event, we could take off to any other village if we want to, although it would have been a waste of time, and we would be giving u our newly acquired accommodations."

gambler1650

Explorer
As the party moves on through the lands north of the river, once they pass over the well made if simple bridge, the lands become a bit more wild. A few plants present themselves as interesting to Antares' eyes. Some look like those useful in spells he hasn't yet learned, although the variability and differences in a live plant versus stylized drawings makes it harder to be sure. And there's at least one which appears it could be brewed in a tea, giving off a sweetly spicy scent. The presence of humans from Ascadar moving often along the trail keeps this porion of the trail well kept, and other than the occasional rustle as a rabbit or squirrel moves away from the party, the group passes in relative ease. Beatrix is happy enough to assist in the recovery of information from the goblin, a mere flexing of her large hands seems to remind it of being held in the air and shaken so that it felt as if its head might fall off. But she opens one of those hands to reveal another sweet.

"Six cursed suns ago..." As he says the words he brushes the top of his head in the direction of the offending object in the sky. He grins widely, "Our chief. Smart. Convinced him to give us more than he said he would." And then the grin fades, "Now I guess we get nothing. Unless.." and here he looks hopefully at the group, "You say we killed evil man. I make sure you get some of what we were promised?"

Stellan is walking behind the group a fair distance to keep an eye out behind as well as be in a position to move forward to protect against anything coming from the sides. Beatrix is helping keep an eye on the goblin with Antares.

A fair bit later, when the party is perhaps half an hour away from the logging camps, the sounds of voices can be heard on the trail around one of the bends. To the ears of Muzdim (who is the first on the trail) and Antares (who can hear from further away), there are familiar voices although initially they aren't easy to make out individually. They appear to be discussing something vigorously with tinges of anger in their tones.

Binder Fred

OOC: Sorry for the delay, got busy/distracted.

"I trust the town will be good on their own. This recent events will shake the dust out of the guards, they were getting too comfortable." says Muzdim with a grunt. "In any event, we could take off to any other village if we want to, although it would have been a waste of time, and we would be giving u our newly acquired accommodations."
"I worry for the safety of loved ones and loved things while we are gone, master Stonehand," corrects Antares, blinkingly shocked at such plain-stated opportunism. "None of my considered courses of actions ever included just leaving our birthtown behind in her time of trouble!"

"Six cursed suns ago..." As he says the words he brushes the top of his head in the direction of the offending object in the sky. He grins widely, "Our chief. Smart. Convinced him to give us more than he said he would." And then the grin fades, "Now I guess we get nothing. Unless.." and here he looks hopefully at the group, "You say we killed evil man. I make sure you get some of what we were promised?"
"Ah..." hesitates the tall elf, unsure just how to respond to that. "Won't your other friend - he that escaped at fight's end - won't he tell your chieftain a different story? Better to deal in honesty, I think?" Although... "Although that might indeed be a fair plan to draw the Dark Man out, wise Stoneburner: that goblins claim success in the assassination and demand their rewards of him?"

He looks to the others for their opinion on this, also asking of the goblin warrior: "What was promised you, if I can inquire?"

Still, that date, now clear, takes an unsuspected weight off the young mage's shoulders: with their own meddling but two days old, his beloved Company could in no way have precipitated the attack on good captain Gregof. The man had - perhaps deliberately, perhaps by simple virtue of occupying the position he did - grown intolerable to the darkly dancing star and its followers...

As they themselves are now striving to do, though apparently in good company.

A fair bit later, when the party is perhaps half an hour away from the logging camps, the sounds of voices can be heard on the trail around one of the bends. To the ears of Muzdim (who is the first on the trail) and Antares (who can hear from further away), there are familiar voices although initially they aren't easy to make out individually. They appear to be discussing something vigorously with tinges of anger in their tones.
Almost unconsciously Antares slows his steps, ears perking to listen with some curiosity.

OOC: Trying to make-out the words.

Remove ads