Legacy of the Silver Dragon - Off to See the Goblins

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim

"Aye, I forgot ye grow too attached to things." Muzdim says. "I'm not saying we ran away at the first sign of trouble, I say I'll run away if my neck's on the line of fire between something too powerful and the town. Don't think any of those townfolk wouldn't do anything different."
as he listens to the noise ahead, Muzdim raises his hand to signal a stop. "I heard familiar voices ahead...."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Don't think any of those townfolk wouldn't do anything different."
"But how then does one define 'too' powerful?" counters the elf, falling back into the argumentative pattern he is most comfortable with when interacting with dwarven stubborness -- Muzdin's in particular. "For, if instead of scattering like loose twigs before the coming storm like you suggest, we instead band together as sturdy shield-wall... Then- Then surely what seemed 'too powerful' to the few might be but seasonal wind to those armed and forewarned? Is that not, in truth, the very principle of a town? Of a community?"

Although in truth, he speaks much like one trying to find the answers himself...

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: Thanks for continuing to RP a bit while I'm laid up with some unexpected RL stuff. Nothing major, just time consuming. Should be able to give a real update in the next couple of days."

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: Ugh.. Longer than I thought before I could get to this. Apologies.

Both Antares and Muzdim can hear the voices a bit more clearly now. Two voices are raised, and perhaps drunk given the level of slurring the words have. Another one at least is calmer. The discussion seems to be about the events in Ascadar earlier in the day as the words "goblin" and "Gregof" can be heard. Along with a phrase, "Telling you. Non humans. Can't trust em. Get rid of all of them, that's what we should do." This from one of the angrier voices. The woods are still heavy, but motion around the bend can be seen. From the sounds of the conversation, they have not yet heard the party. The goblin pulls at his bonds as if trying to get into the cover of the wood nearest him, expression somewhat panicked.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Shsh!" Muzdim conveniently shushes Antares as he begins his usual rhetorical exposition. What he hears doesn't seem too encouraging. "Perhaps we should hide and send Stellan and the good sister first?"

Binder Fred

As is typical, Antares' attention is elsewhere though, this time on their unaccountably skittish guide and ambassador... The tall elf crouches down, a somewhat concerned frown flitting across his brows: "Do- Do you know these men, goodgoblin Glarmlok?" he whisperingly inquires.

<If not:
"That seems... an extreme reaction, master Stonehand? Are these not the people of the town we seek to protect?" He stops to reflect. "Indeed, is there hope at all for our brave parlay if we cannot even get unthreatened men to sit within sight of a bound goblin?"

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: Wow... Sorry again guys... I think things will be clearing up for me soon... But this appears to be the season which grabs my attention from fun things...

The debate becomes moot as the trees behind which the new arrivals are travelling thins out and they catch sight of the party. While they might not immediately see who everyone is, they point and one of them says, "Who goes there!" The voice now becomes recognizable to those who hadn't been as intent on being quiet as Greger. Stellan mutters under his voice, "Great... Just what we need." Beatrix for her part looks between the Ascadar natives, and seems content to let them handle the start of the meeting of the two groups.

Coming around the remaining part of the bend, the woodcutters stop short at the sight of the party, Greger's gaze immediately fastening on the goblin. "Ish ish that one of thoshhh goblins that attacked the town?" He takes a step forward as the goblin squeals and tries to run into the woods, to be brought up short by its bonds.
His nearest companion tries to reach out to grab him, but Greger shakes his hand off.

Binder Fred

"Indeed that is so, goodman Greger." (Why is he talking? Shouldn't one of the others...?) "And we are those that stopped them -- along with the good captain of our fair militia, of course? Ah, perhaps you remember master Stonehand, Stellan of Ascadar, and this is sister Merriburg of Malborka?" Perhaps drawing the man's attention to their Company's number, and nature, will be of some benefit in this situation?

He couldn't help adding though, in the spirit of exactness: "Although, in truth, it was but one man that was attacked, not the town proper." A look at the others, including the man Greger, "Would you -ah- all care to learn why? It is a tale of some definite interest."

His eyes are a bit wide though, his stomach clutching as if before a great fall.

Just what is he getting himself into?

OOC: What does Antares know of Greger and his companions, Gambler, if anything?
OOC: No worries on the busy thing. This week was my turn. :)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim decides that the elf should carry on with the diplomacy. He, for his part, had never been too popular with the populace. His discrete nature and the fact that he was a dwarf didn't help either. He simply stud next to Antares, with his weapons at sight. Just in case.

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: I realize I never specifically stated numbers... Will include here.

Behind the first two who come around the bend comes a third woodcutter. Burly and generally quiet, he can often be seen in the Half and Human drinking after work. The man who holds onto Greger's arm is the man who tried to defuse the encounter that happened - could it be only two days ago? - in the same tavern. Those from Ascadar know that the two are always found together, fast friends, although none of you recall his name specifically having not associated much with the woodcutters directly.

Greger tries to shake off the hand, and discovers that his friend has a strong grip indeed. "Greger," his friend murmers, "Not now. Apparently the town is safe, and... besides... there are more of them and they have weapons." He winks to the party when Greger merely scowls at them, and his face appears more good natured as if teasing his friend.

Greger points a finger at the goblin who is still trying to get as far away as he can. Beatrix speaks up, "Yes. Town is safe. Go back and eat hearty. Malborka's blessings upon you." The men look askance at the cleric whom they most likely have not seen before, and then they start moving down the path. Stellan urges the goblin off to the side and stands at the edge of the path in front of him.

Greger eyes Antares and Muzdim as the group begins to pass, "Elf. If the town has taken any more damage than you've said, I will have a talk with you soon."

Remove ads