The Home of the Nerds

Ahnehnois

First Post
Time magazine is apparently interested in where nerds come from. Apparently the answer is Utah. Conversely, the District is less nerdy than all of the states (they must have a different definition than I do).

However, playing Dungeons and Dragons is part of their definition of nerdiness.

Last edited:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
It is a pretty limited definition of nerdy. People interested in sci-fi and fantasy seems more appropriate.

I blame the Big Bang Theory.

The criteria they used is somewhat suspect:

"Estately created the list by calculating the percentage of users in each state, plus the District of Columbia, who listed one of the following as an interest on Facebook: cosplay, anime movies, fantasy lit, comic books, Dungeons & Dragons, LARPing, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Magic: The Gathering, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Star Trek: The Next Generation."

That's some pretty specious inclusion criteria. How many true nerds use Facebook? What if they are a fan of all of the above, but didn't post that they liked any of them on their profile?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The criteria they used is somewhat suspect:
[edit]
That's some pretty specious inclusion criteria. How many true nerds use Facebook? What if they are a fan of all of the above, but didn't post that they liked any of them on their profile?

like me for example?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases