A show time show: Penny Dreadful

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"But one night later CBC television host Ron MacLean rendered that a tempest-in-a-teapot in some circles when he questioned the integrity of first French-Canadian referees and then referees of just about every other stripe (sorry, couldn’t resist) during a Hockey Night In Canada broadcast."

But that is just hockey! Just kidding. I see what you are talking about. He did apologize, though. And it was said to the referees at that [/devil's advocate]

But seriously, I understand. It just isn't right or fair. Does the rest of Canada get Hulu?

Last edited:

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
"But one night later CBC television host Ron MacLean rendered that a tempest-in-a-teapot in some circles when he questioned the integrity of first French-Canadian referees and then referees of just about every other stripe (sorry, couldn’t resist) during a Hockey Night In Canada broadcast."

But that is just hockey! Just kidding. I see what you are talking about. He did apologize, though. And it was said to the referees at that [/devil's advocate]

But seriously, I understand. It just isn't right or fair.
Yup, just change the French to Black or Jewish and he would be fired.

Does the rest of Canada get Hulu?
Probably not.

Sure, in Canada they get paid that much, but when you come slumming it up here in the U.S., you all know that isn't the case with U.S. waiters. You know better, you just tip poorly.
Also, $8.90/hr is still pretty bad pay.
this is why we seem to tip less, cause they are paid more than you cheapskates like to pay them.
I reserve the right to pay people less than what they should be earned in order to make myself feel good when I tip them and extra dollar or two.

Remove ads