Chicago Gameday 38 is June 14th at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL

buzz

Adventurer

Chicago Gameday 38 is June 14th, 2014
[size=+1]
What?
  • Chicago Gameday 38 is a day of FREE RPG gaming. You can learn more about Chicago Gameday by viewing our FAQ page.
  • Feel free to like our Facebook page to stay abreast of announcements and future Chicago Gamedays.

Where?
Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.

When?
[highlight]June 14th[/highlight], 2014, from 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Breakfast?
We invite you to join us at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast at Le Peep.
[/size]

[h=2]Events[/h]
Morning: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

1. Savage Worlds: Steamscapes, Fairman Rogers, Table E
  2. Translucent University (play-test), Nev the Deranged, Table F
  3. Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, eyeharthawk, Table C (private room)
  4. Arkham Horror, Vyvyan Basterd, Table D
  5. The One Ring, buzz, Table G
  6. ...

Experimental Late Morning slot: 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

1. Everyone Is John, Nosfera2, Table B

Afternoon: 3:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

1. Last Train out of Warsaw, DainXB, Table B
  2. Fiasco, paladinlee, Table F
  3. Dread, "In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream", willowx, Table C (private room)
  4. Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, Vyvyan Basterd, Table D
  5. The One Ring, buzz, Table G
  6. Myth & Magic, BRG, Table E
  7. ...

[h=2]How Do I Sign Up?[/h]
[size=+1][highlight]Please note: Player registration begins on June 2nd, 2014 at 7pm.[/highlight][/size]

1. Create an account with Warhorn.net, if you have not done so already.
  2. Once you have an account set up, register for Gameday 38 on its Warhorn page.
  3. Once registered, view the event schedule and click the Play button for any events in which you'd like to play. This will reserve you a seat in those events.
  4. Once you've signed up for events you can log in an view your personal schedule at any time.

[h=2]How to Run an Event For Us[/h]
If you would like to run an event for Chicago Gameday, please follow these three steps.

[h3]1. Post your event description in this thread[/h3]
Your event description must include the following:
  • [highlight]Time[/highlight]: morning (9:30 a.m.) or afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot;
  • [highlight]Game system[/highlight]: e.g., "D&D 4e";
  • [highlight]Event Title[/highlight]: e.g., "The Caves of Chaos";
  • [highlight]Description[/highlight]: ideally, short and to the point; here are some guidelines from designer/editor Ryan Macklin;
  • [highlight]An image[/highlight]: one you wish associated with your event description, or else state that you are happy to leave that up to me;
  • [highlight]Content Rating[/highlight]: choose either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only";
  • [highlight]Number of Players[/highlight]: total your event can accomodate, not including yourself;
  • [highlight]Table Preference[/highlight]: If you need a specific table or want to reserve the private room, say so in your post below. However, please be aware that table assignments may be adjusted depending on the size of your event. View a map of the Games Plus play area
[h3]2. Make sure I have a way of contacting you[/h3]
Either like us on Facebook or provide me with your email address so I can add you to our mailing list. You can email me at buzz (at) buzzmo (dot) com. If you have Private Messaging enabled here at ENWorld, that works, too.
[h3]3. Subscribe to this thread on ENWorld or else make sure to check it regularly.[/h3]

[h=2]How to Be a Great Gameday GM[/h]
[highlight]You should create a safe, friendly space for your event.[/highlight]
Introduce yourself and help introduce the players to each other. Be accommodating to people with special needs, e.g., someone who needs to sit closer to you in order to hear better. Be sensitive to players who let you know they are uncomfortable with certain topics your game may address; do what you can to make them comfortable. In short, treat your players as you would guests in your home.

[highlight]You should be aware of how long your event lasts.[/highlight]
Four hours is the ideal minimum. Morning events should end with enough time left to allow you and your players to get lunch and spend some time shopping before the start of afternoon event slot. Afternoon events should keep both the Metra schedules and the store's hours in mind.

[highlight]You should come to Gameday prepared to run your event[/highlight]
...no matter how many people have signed up for it. If you don't want to run your event, let me know as soon as possible, and I will remove it from the schedule.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
[h=2]How to Sign Up For Gameday and Register for Events[/h]
1. Go to Warhorn.net and sign up for an account if you do not have one already.

2. Once you have your Warhorn account, go to the Chicago Gameday 38 Warhorn page and register. You should see a Register for this event button in the upper right.

1.png

3. Clicking the Register for this event button will bring you to a confirmation screen. Click the Register button at the bottom to confirm your registration.

2.png

4. Once you're registered, you can view the event schedule by clicking the link in the left-hand nav area.

3.png

5. Once you're on the event schedule page, you'll see Play buttons next to the events with available seats. Click the button for the event in which you'd like to play.

4.png

6. You should see a confirmation dialog appear. Click Save to confirm your place in the event.

5.png

7. You should return to the event schedule. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all of the events in which you'd like to play. There will be a Withdraw button next to the events for which you have reserved a seat. You can click these buttons to give up your seat in an event.

6.png

8. At any time, you can click the Your personal schedule link in the left nav area to view your Gameday 37 schedule.

7.png

If you have any problems during sign-up, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
I will be running The One Ring, but I'm going to hold off on assigning it a slot until the schedule develops a bit.

Reidzilla

First Post
I'll take a morning slot for $1000, Buzz. :)

I plan on running a Dungeon Crawl Classic RPG 0 level character funnel adventure based in a post apocalyptic world. I'll be able to seat 6 so table G, please.

I'll post the full description soon.

Fairman Rogers

First Post
Time: Morning
Game System: Savage Worlds
Event Title: Steamscapes: Into the Wilds

Description:
Travel in the western wilds of Texas is always risky, and now that you have a very expensive piece of cargo to protect, you'll need to worry about a lot more than just saving your own hide. There are bandits and air pirates out there! This adventure will cover as many chapters of the Steamscapes: North America plot point campaign as possible. If any players have played previous chapters, we will continue from there (with recaps for the new folks).

Rating: Kid-friendly
Number of players: 6

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
I'd like to grab a morning slot to run Shock: Human Contact, please.
Added!

I'll take a morning slot for $1000, Buzz. :)

I plan on running a Dungeon Crawl Classic RPG 0 level character funnel adventure based in a post apocalyptic world. I'll be able to seat 6 so table G, please.
Added!

I would like to grab a morning slot for a Steamscapes game. More details coming soon.
Added!

Thanks, gentlemen!

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, Jason Morningstar has promised an unpublished Fiasco playset to anyone willing to facilitate it for Gameday 38.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases