Chicago Gameday 38 is June 14th at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL

Nev the Deranged

First Post
I sadly will only be around for slot 1 this time out, but I'd like to run a playtest of Translucent University, a game about students at a school of magic. 3 seats, no requirements.

DainXB

First Post
Please pencil me in for an afternoon spot to facilitate "Last Train out of Warsaw".

The game can accommodate up to 6 players, adults only please. The game uses a variant of the Archipelago II rules by Maathijs Holter.

This is a game written by Jason Morningstar, so you know it will be about an extensively-researched but obscure historical event. :) In this case, the story of the passengers aboard the last train out of Warsaw on the eve of the German conquest of Poland in 1939. It's one part disaster drama, one part espionage thriller.

paladinlee

Explorer
"FYI, Jason Morningstar has promised an unpublished Fiasco playset to anyone willing to facilitate it for Gameday 38."

I think I may take up that offer, but I am also selfishly looking to see how the schedule pans out. May I fill an afternoon slot for now and hope I had played all the other games that will also fall in that slot?

Of course, buzz would just say "No worries, just join us for Gameday 39 and you won't miss a thing!" And buzz would be right.

A table for 4. Depending on the group, I'll jump in as player 5 or help facilitate the 4 players. Adults only.

Description:
Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small time capers gone disastrously wrong – inspired by films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably all go south in a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination.

Today's Fiasco features a currently unreleased playset written by the game's designer, Jason Morningstar! Bring you best pen, because lead is for losers. No, seriously. If your pen is nothing less than a TWSBI 580, you're wasting our time! And don't bring any of that Bic crap. Just don't.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
I sadly will only be around for slot 1 this time out, but I'd like to run a playtest of Translucent University, a game about students at a school of magic. 3 seats, no requirements.
Added!

Please pencil me in for an afternoon spot to facilitate "Last Train out of Warsaw".
Added!

"FYI, Jason Morningstar has promised an unpublished Fiasco playset to anyone willing to facilitate it for Gameday 38."

I think I may take up that offer, but I am also selfishly looking to see how the schedule pans out. May I fill an afternoon slot for now and hope I had played all the other games that will also fall in that slot?
Added! And don't sweat the slot right now; we can see how things shake out. I pinged you and Mr. Morningstar on G+ to get the playbook thing happening.

Thanks for stepping up, gentlemen! This is looking to be another wonderfully eclectic Gameday.

Teldurn

First Post
​Let's try this again.

Time
: morning (9:30 a.m.)
Game system: HeroQuest
Event Title: The Gathering Storm
Description: A classic, old school, dungeoncrawl board game. Assume the role of one of the Heroes, on a mission to stop the evil wizard Zargon and his forces of Chaos. Experience high adventure in a world of magic!
An image: HeroQuest-Les-Edwards-original-cover-art.jpg
Content Rating: Kid-Friendly
Number of Players: 4
Table Preference: No preference

Attachments

• Heroquest-doors.jpg
    Heroquest-doors.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 272

willowx

First Post
Time: Evening
Game System: Dread
Session Name: In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream
Description: Dread, the game of Jenga based horror. In space.
An Image:
6302de20-b97b-7f9e..jpg

Content Rating: Adults Only, Please
Number of Players: At least 6 available. I may open it up to more later.
Table Preference: Private Room please.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases