Chicago Gameday 38 is June 14th at Games Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL - Page 9
+ Log in or register to post
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 108
  1. #81
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    buzz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    6,923
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block buzz


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeheartawk View Post
    Yeah, it went really quickly. Not sure what that tells us about actual attendance though...
    I find it's generally a good indicator. It's rare for people to sign up and then just not show; they typically let me know they can't make it or withdraw via the system.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I find it's generally a good indicator. It's rare for people to sign up and then just not show; they typically let me know they can't make it or withdraw via the system.
    Right, I'm just wondering how much of this is us having fewer events for people to sign up for than normal. I'm curious as to how Origins will affect overall attendance.

  3. #83
    Member
    The Grand Druid (Lvl 20)

    Mark CMG's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI 53147
    Posts
    9,661
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayCMG

    Block Mark CMG


    Friend+

  4. #84
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    buzz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    6,923
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block buzz


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeheartawk View Post
    Right, I'm just wondering how much of this is us having fewer events for people to sign up for than normal. I'm curious as to how Origins will affect overall attendance.
    Ah, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood.

    Origins (and possibly the other cons Mark mentioned) is definitely having an effect, as I know a few regulars (who generally GM) who'll be there instead of here. And, yes, fewer games means things fill up faster.

    Still, I was afraid we'd barely get anyone to attend, ergo my surprise at some events actually filling up.

    Feel free to put the word out, though; still plenty of seats available.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Ah, okay. Sorry, I misunderstood.

    Origins (and possibly the other cons Mark mentioned) is definitely having an effect, as I know a few regulars (who generally GM) who'll be there instead of here. And, yes, fewer games means things fill up faster.

    Still, I was afraid we'd barely get anyone to attend, ergo my surprise at some events actually filling up.

    Feel free to put the word out, though; still plenty of seats available.
    Alright, cool.

  6. #86
    Is it too late to add a game?

    I'm thinking about adding another HeroQuest game for the afternoon slot. It will most likely be a continuation from the morning game. Having the same players in both morning and evening sessions is irrelevant, but would save a smidgen of time insofar as re-explaining what few game mechanics there are. But it's fine either way.

  7. #87
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    buzz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    6,923
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block buzz


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldurn View Post
    Is it too late to add a game?

    I'm thinking about adding another HeroQuest game for the afternoon slot.
    If the description is the same, it's not a problem; ten seconds of effort. Let me know!

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    If the description is the same, it's not a problem; ten seconds of effort. Let me know!
    Yeah, description's the same. Let's do it!

  9. #89
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    buzz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    6,923
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block buzz


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Teldurn View Post
    Yeah, description's the same. Let's do it!
    Added!

  10. #90
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    buzz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    6,923
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Block buzz


    Friend+
    FYI, we've added a new event to the afternoon slot: Myth & Magic, run by Bruce G. (who was having login issues with ENWorld, so I posted it). It's an AD&D2e retro-clone with some 3.5e polish to it.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Chicago/Mount Prospect (Games Plus Store)
    By Mark in forum Gamers Seeking Gamers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Wednesday, 20th March, 2013, 04:17 AM
  2. Chicago Gameday 32 is July 14th - SIGN UP TO PLAY
    By buzz in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: Thursday, 19th July, 2012, 03:37 PM
  3. Chicago Gameday 24 was November 14th: the aftermath!
    By buzz in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: Thursday, 3rd December, 2009, 08:55 AM
  4. Chicago Gameday XX was June 14th: AFTERMATH
    By buzz in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: Monday, 23rd June, 2008, 03:52 AM
  5. Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date
    By buzz in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Sunday, 25th May, 2008, 11:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •